Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
|SERMONS, ESSAYS AND OPINIONS|
Prayer is the communication that takes place between people and God. We need to pray because we were created for friendship with God and have been reconciled to him in Jesus Christ. Prayer is the expression of this loving relationship with our creator. We pray to him because we trust him and want to do his will in all of our life. In prayer we seek God's guidance, strength and comfort.
Christian prayer should regularly include
- Adoration - praise and worship of God for who he is
- Confession - admitting what we are and seeking God's forgiveness
- Intercession - prayers on behalf of others
- Petition - our own needs and concerns
- Thanksgiving - for all that God has given us, especially our salvation in Jesus
- Meditation - reflection on the nature of God; waiting on God for him to speak to us.
Christians believe that God hears and answers our prayers, though not always immediately, or in the way that we expect!
Intercession and petition, i.e. our requests, are also sometimes called supplication.
Prayer in the Bible
- Pray like this: 'Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.
- Let your Kingdom come. Let your will be done, as in heaven, so on earth.
- Give us today our daily bread.
- Forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors.
- Bring us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For yours is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory forever. Amen.'
Lord have mercy on me a sinner
Parables about prayer
Jesus praying in Gesthemane
- God answers all our prayers. Sometimes the answer is yes. Sometimes the answer is no. Sometimes the answer is, "You've got to be kidding!"
- Wikipedia - Prayer
- Christian Prayer
- Famous Christian Prayer Quotes
- Sermon on Prayer
- Christian Prayer - Praize Prayer
- The CrossFactor Prayer
- 711 Prayer Links
- Open Directory
- Sharing knowledge - Prayers of Faith
Return to Living as a Christian