I dared to call him Father (book)
|I Dared To Call Him Father|
|SERMONS, ESSAYS AND OPINIONS||
I dared to call him Father tells the story of Bilquis Sheikh. It is her testimony of how she came to know and love Jesus. She was a high-born Muslim woman of Pakistan, whose life had been shaken by her divorce from her husband. Searching for something more she turned to Bible and what followed was an amazing journey of discovery through reading, fellowship and dreams.
The back of the book describes the story as follows:
- I dared to call him Father is a book for everyone who wonders what would happen if he gave himself to God completely. "Will he really fulfil his promises to take care of me - to protect me under all conditions?"
- This is the true story of Bilquis Sheikh, a Pakistani woman of noble birth who faced such questions at the crossroads of her life. After she was left by her husband (a high-ranking government official), she retreated to her family estate to find peace and live out her days in quiet luxury. But the deep-down peace she sought eluded her. Searching in the Koran, she found many references to the prophet, Jesus. Out of curiosity she turned to the pages of the Christian Bible.
- Then her life turned upside down as a series of strange dreams launched her on a quest that would consume her heart, mind and soul.
Details of the Book
Paperback: 173 pages
Publisher: Chosen Books (April 1980)
Extract from the book
- Lightheartedly, I opened the little Bible and looked down at the pages. Then, a mysterious thing happened. It was as if my attention were being drawn to a verse on the lower right hand corner of the right page. I bent close to read it:
- I will call that my people, which was not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall be, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there shall they be called sons of the living God.
- I caught my breath and a tremor passed through me. Why was this verse affecting me so!
Return to Christian literature