|Song of Songs 8 - Versions
|Song of Songs 8 Text (WEB)
- Oh that you were like my brother, who nursed from the breasts of my mother! If I found you outside, I would kiss you; yes, and no one would despise me.
- I would lead you, bringing you into my mother's house, who would instruct me. I would have you drink spiced wine, of the juice of my pomegranate.
- His left hand would be under my head. His right hand would embrace me.
- I adjure you, daughters of Jerusalem, that you not stir up, nor awaken love, until it so desires. Friends
- Who is this who comes up from the wilderness, leaning on her beloved? Under the apple tree I aroused you. There your mother conceived you. There she was in labor and bore you.
- Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm; for love is strong as death. Jealousy is as cruel as Sheol. Its flashes are flashes of fire, a very flame of Yahweh.
- Many waters can't quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man would give all the wealth of his house for love, he would be utterly scorned. Friends
- We have a little sister. She has no breasts. What shall we do for our sister in the day when she is to be spoken for?
- If she is a wall, we will build on her a turret of silver. if she is a door, we will enclose her with boards of cedar. Beloved
- I am a wall, and my breasts like towers, then I was in his eyes like one who found peace.
- Solomon had a vineyard at Baal Hamon. He leased out the vineyard to keepers. Each was to bring a thousand shekels of silver for its fruit.
- My own vineyard is before me. The thousand are for you, Solomon; two hundred for those who tend its fruit. Lover
- You who dwell in the gardens, with friends in attendance, let me hear your voice! Beloved
- Come away, my beloved! Be like a gazelle or a young stag on the mountains of spices!
|Song of Songs 8 Text (Hebrew)
- מי יתנך כאח לי יונק שדי אמי אמצאך בחוץ אשקך גם לא־יבוזו לי׃
- אנהגך אביאך אל־בית אמי תלמדני אשקך מיין הרקח מעסיס רמני׃
- שמאלו תחת ראשי וימינו תחבקני׃
- השבעתי אתכם בנות ירושלם מה־תעירו ומה־תעררו את־האהבה עד שתחפץ׃ ס
- מי זאת עלה מן־המדבר מתרפקת על־דודה תחת התפוח עוררתיך שמה חבלתך אמך שמה חבלה ילדתך׃
- שימני כחותם על־לבך כחותם על־זרועך כי־עזה כמות אהבה קשה כשאול קנאה רשפיה רשפי אש שלהבתיה׃
- מים רבים לא יוכלו לכבות את־האהבה ונהרות לא ישטפוה אם־יתן איש את־כל־הון ביתו באהבה בוז יבוזו לו׃ ס
- אחות לנו קטנה ושדים אין לה מה־נעשה לאחתנו ביום שידבר־בה׃
- אם־חומה היא נבנה עליה טירת כסף ואם־דלת היא נצור עליה לוח ארז׃
- אני חומה ושדי כמגדלות אז הייתי בעיניו כמוצאת שלום׃ ף
- כרם היה לשלמה בבעל המון נתן את־הכרם לנטרים איש יבא בפריו אלף כסף׃
- כרמי שלי לפני האלף לך שלמה ומאתים לנטרים את־פריו׃
- היושבת בגנים חברים מקשיבים לקולך השמיעיני׃
- ברח דודי ודמה־לך לצבי או לעפר האילים על הרי בשמים׃
|Song of Songs 8 Text (Latin)
- Quis mihi det te fratrem meum, sugentem ubera matris meæ, ut inveniam te foris, et deosculer te, et jam me nemo despiciat ?
- Apprehendam te, et ducam in domum matris meæ : ibi me docebis, et dabo tibi poculum ex vino condito, et mustum malorum granatorum meorum.
- Læva ejus sub capite meo, et dextera illius amplexabitur me.
- SPONSUS. Adjuro vos, filiæ Jerusalem, ne suscitetis, neque evigilare faciatis dilectam, donec ipsa velit.
- CHORUS. Quæ est ista quæ ascendit de deserto, deliciis affluens, innixa super dilectum suum ? SPONSUS. Sub arbore malo suscitavi te ; ibi corrupta est mater tua, ibi violata est genitrix tua.
- SPONSA. Pone me ut signaculum super cor tuum, ut signaculum super brachium tuum, quia fortis est ut mors dilectio, dura sicut infernus æmulatio : lampades ejus lampades ignis atque flammarum.
- Aquæ multæ non potuerunt extinguere caritatem, nec flumina obruent illam. Si dederit homo omnem substantiam domus suæ pro dilectione, quasi nihil despiciet eam.
- CHORUS FRATRUM. Soror nostra parva, et ubera non habet ; quid faciemus sorori nostræ in die quando alloquenda est ?
- Si murus est, ædificemus super eum propugnacula argentea ; si ostium est, compingamus illud tabulis cedrinis.
- SPONSA. Ego murus, et ubera mea sicut turris, ex quo facta sum coram eo, quasi pacem reperiens.
- CHORUS FRATRUM. Vinea fuit pacifico in ea quæ habet populos : tradidit eam custodibus ; vir affert pro fructu ejus mille argenteos.
- SPONSA. Vinea mea coram me est. Mille tui pacifici, et ducenti his qui custodiunt fructus ejus.
- SPONSUS. Quæ habitas in hortis, amici auscultant ; fac me audire vocem tuam.
- SPONSA. Fuge, dilecte mi, et assimilare capreæ, hinnuloque cervorum super montes aromatum.
|Song of Songs 8 Text (KJV)
- O that thou wert as my brother, that sucked the breasts of my mother! when I should find thee without, I would kiss thee; yea, I should not be despised.
- I would lead thee, and bring thee into my mother's house, who would instruct me: I would cause thee to drink of spiced wine of the juice of my pomegranate.
- His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.
- I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please.
- Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved? I raised thee up under the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth: there she brought thee forth that bare thee.
- Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
- Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
- We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?
- If she be a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver: and if she be a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar.
- I am a wall, and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favour.
- Solomon had a vineyard at Baal-hamon; he let out the vineyard unto keepers; every one for the fruit thereof was to bring a thousand pieces of silver.
- My vineyard, which is mine, is before me: thou, O Solomon, must have a thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.
- Thou that dwellest in the gardens, the companions hearken to thy voice: cause me to hear it.
- Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Song of Songs