|Revelation 9 - Versions
|Revelation 9 Text (WEB)
- The fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from the sky which had fallen to the earth. The key to the pit of the abyss was given to him.
- He opened the pit of the abyss, and smoke went up out of the pit, like the smoke from a burning furnace. The sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke from the pit.
- Then out of the smoke came forth locusts on the earth, and power was given to them, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
- They were told that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree, but only those people who don't have God's seal on their foreheads.
- They were given power not to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion, when it strikes a person.
- In those days people will seek death, and will in no way find it. They will desire to die, and death will flee from them.
- The shapes of the locusts were like horses prepared for war. On their heads were something like golden crowns, and their faces were like people's faces.
- They had hair like women's hair, and their teeth were like those of lions.
- They had breastplates, like breastplates of iron. The sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots, or of many horses rushing to war.
- They have tails like those of scorpions, and stings. In their tails they have power to harm men for five months.
- They have over them as king the angel of the abyss. His name in Hebrew is "Abaddon," but in Greek, he has the name "Apollyon."
- The first woe is past. Behold, there are still two woes coming after this.
- The sixth angel sounded. I heard a voice from the horns of the golden altar which is before God,
- saying to the sixth angel who had one trumpet, "Free the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates!"
- The four angels were freed who had been prepared for that hour and day and month and year, so that they might kill one third of mankind.
- The number of the armies of the horsemen was two hundred million. I heard the number of them.
- Thus I saw the horses in the vision, and those who sat on them, having breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of lions. Out of their mouths proceed fire, smoke, and sulfur.
- By these three plagues were one third of mankind killed: by the fire, the smoke, and the sulfur, which proceeded out of their mouths.
- For the power of the horses is in their mouths, and in their tails. For their tails are like serpents, and have heads, and with them they harm.
- The rest of mankind, who were not killed with these plagues, didn't repent of the works of their hands, that they wouldn't worship demons, and the idols of gold, and of silver, and of brass, and of stone, and of wood; which can neither see, nor hear, nor walk.
- They didn't repent of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their sexual immorality, nor of their thefts.
|Revelation 9 Text (Hebrew)
והמלאך החמישי תקע בשופר וארא כוכב נפל מן השמים לארץ וינתן לו מפתח באר התהום׃
ויפתח את באר התהום ויעל עשן מן הבאר כעשן כבשן גדול ויחשך השמש והרקיע מקיטר הבאר׃
ומן הקיטר יצא ארבה על הארץ וינתן להם שלטן כשלטן עקרבי הארץ׃
ויאמר אליהם אשר לא ישחיתו את עשב הארץ ולא כל ירק ולא כל עץ כי אם את בני האדם אשר אין להם חותם אלהים במצחותם׃
ולא נתן להם להמיתם רק להכאיבם חמשה חדשים וכאבם ככאב איש אשר יכהו העקרב׃
ובימים ההם יבקשו בני אדם את המות ולא ימצאהו וישאלו את נפשם למות והמות יברח מהם׃
ויהי מראה הארבה כדמות סוסים ערוכי מלחמה ועל ראשיהם כעטרות כעין זהב ופניהם כפני אדם׃
ושער להם כשער נשים ושניהם שני אריה׃
ושרינים להם כשריני ברזל וקול כנפיהם כקול מרכבות סוסים רבים הרצים למלחמה׃
וזנבות להם כזנבות עקרבים ועקצים בזנבותם והשלטו לענות את בני האדם חמשה חדשים׃
ומלאך התהום הוא מלך עליהם ושמו אבדון בעברית והוא אפוליון בלשון יון׃
הצרה האחת חלפה הלכה לה והנה באות אחריה עוד צרות שתים׃
והמלאך הששי תקע בשופר ואשמע קול אחד מארבע קרנות מזבח הזהב אשר לפני אלהים׃
ויאמר למלאך הששי אשר השופר בידו התר את ארבעה המלאכים ההם האסורים על הנהר הגדול נהר פרת׃
ויתרו ארבעה המלאכים אשר היו נכונים לשעה וליום ולחדש ולשנה להמית שלישית בני האדם׃
ויהי מספר צבאות הפרשים שתי רבוא רבבות ואני שמעתי מספרם׃
וכן ראיתי במראה את הסוסים ורכביהם אשר שרינותיהם כעין אש ותכלת וגפרית וראשי הסוסים כראשי אריות ותצא מפיהם אש וקיטור וגפרית׃
ותומת שלישית בני אדם בשלש האלה באש ובקיטור ובגפרית היצאות מפיהם׃
כי כח הסוסים בפיהם כי זנבותם דומים לנחשים ויש להם ראשים ובהם ישחיתו׃
ושאר בני אדם אשר לא נהרגו במגפות האלה בכל זאת לא שבו ממעשי ידיהם מהשתחות עוד לשדים ולעצבי זהב וכסף ונחשת ואבן ועץ אשר לא יראו ולא ישמעו ולא יהלכו׃
ולא שבו מדרכם לרצח ולכשף ולזנות ולגנב׃
|Revelation 9 Text (Latin)
- Et quintus angelus tuba cecinit : et vidi stellam de cælo cecidisse in terram, et data est ei clavis putei abyssi.
- Et aperuit puteum abyssi : et ascendit fumus putei, sicut fumus fornacis magnæ : et obscuratus est sol, et aër de fumo putei :
- et de fumo putei exierunt locustæ in terram, et data est illis potestas, sicut habent potestatem scorpiones terræ :
- et præceptum est illis ne læderent fœnum terræ, neque omne viride, neque omnem arborem : nisi tantum homines, qui non habent signum Dei in frontibus suis :
- et datum est illis ne occiderent eos : sed ut cruciarent mensibus quinque : et cruciatus eorum, ut cruciatus scorpii cum percutit hominem.
- Et in diebus illis quærent homines mortem, et non invenient eam : et desiderabunt mori, et fugiet mors ab eis.
- Et similitudines locustarum, similes equis paratis in prælium : et super capita earum tamquam coronæ similes auro : et facies earum tamquam facies hominum.
- Et habebant capillos sicut capillos mulierum. Et dentes earum, sicut dentes leonum erant :
- et habebant loricas sicut loricas ferreas, et vox alarum earum sicut vox curruum equorum multorum currentium in bellum :
- et habebant caudas similes scorpionum, et aculei erant in caudis earum : et potestas earum nocere hominibus mensibus quinque :
- et habebant super se regem angelum abyssi cui nomen hebraice Abaddon, græce autem Apollyon, latine habens nomen Exterminans.
- Væ unum abiit, et ecce veniunt adhuc duo væ post hæc.
- Et sextus angelus tuba cecinit : et audivi vocem unam ex quatuor cornibus altaris aurei, quod est ante oculos Dei,
- dicentem sexto angelo, qui habebat tubam : Solve quatuor angelos, qui alligati sunt in flumine magno Euphrate.
- Et soluti sunt quatuor angeli, qui parati erant in horam, et diem, et mensem, et annum, ut occiderent tertiam partem hominum.
- Et numerus equestris exercitus vicies millies dena millia. Et audivi numerum eorum.
- Et ita vidi equos in visione : et qui sedebant super eos, habebant loricas igneas, et hyacinthinas, et sulphureas, et capita eorum erant tamquam capita leonum : et de ore eorum procedit ignis, et fumus, et sulphur.
- Et ab his tribus plagis occisa est tertia pars hominum de igne, et de fumo, et sulphure, quæ procedebant de ore ipsorum.
- Potestas enim equorum in ore eorum est, et in caudis eorum, nam caudæ eorum similes serpentibus, habentes capita : et in his nocent.
- Et ceteri homines, qui non sunt occisi in his plagis, neque pœnitentiam egerunt de operibus manuum suarum, ut non adorarent dæmonia, et simulacra aurea, et argentea, et ærea, et lapidea, et lignea, quæ neque videre possunt, neque audire, neque ambulare,
- et non egerunt pœnitentiam ab homicidiis suis, neque a veneficiis suis, neque a fornicatione sua, neque a furtis suis.
|Revelation 9 Text (KJV)
- And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
- And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
- And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
- And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
- And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
- And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
- And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
- And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
- And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
- And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
- And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
- One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.
- And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
- Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
- And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
- And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
- And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
- By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
- For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
- And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
- Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.