|SERMONS, ESSAYS AND OPINIONS||
Historically Mormonism strongly emphazised theological distinctives from Christian churches. For example, in Mormon doctrine, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are three separate gods. Today however, Mormon churches tend to focus on similarities with those from Christian backgrounds. However, although Christian terminology is often used in Mormonism, the meaning can be quite different.
The following books are considered as Holy and from God by Mormons
- The Bible - King James Version (or the Joseph Smith Translation which is recognised by Community of Christ)
- Book of Mormon
- Doctrine and Covenants
- The Pearl of Great Price which includes the Articles of Faith (Mormonism)
Miscellaneous Beliefs and Issues
Although in popular culture, Mormonism is often associated with polygamy, its largest denomination, The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints, does not support polygamy. Some other Mormon sects do however promote polygamy. In recent years in Utah, the main stronghold of the Mormon religion, there have been numerous high profile cases of prosecution of polygamists.
- Mormonwiki MormonWiki - Doctrine
- Early Mormon belief that the moon is inhabitated - (FAIR) Wiki
- Wikipedia - Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
- Wikipedia - Book of Abraham - Part of The Pearl of Great Price
- Wikipedia - Book of Moses - Part of The Pearl of Great Price
- Wikipedia - Kolob - Planet according to Mormon theology that is closest to the throne of God