Use the form below to block editing access from a specific username. This should only be done to prevent vandalism and protect the site. Remember to check the user's block log and talk page before blocking, and always fill in a reason for your block!
Note: These durations are only guidelines, not policy; admins should always use their own best judgment.
- Offense: Simple vandalism not involving profanity or personal attacks.
- Duration: DO NOT BLOCK. A simple welcome (for new users) and/or warning will do.
- Offense: Simple vandalism involving profanity or personal attacks.
- Duration: A strong warning or 1 to 2 days block depending on severity.
- Offense: Complex and pre-meditated vandalism.
- Duration: 3 days to 1 week, depending on severity.
- Offense: Large amount of complex and pre-meditated vandalism.
- Duration: 1 week to 1 month, depending on severity.
- Indefinite Blocks: These should only be used in one of two circumstances:
- For established users: Under the consensus of two or more administrators.
- For new users: Vandalism after previous warning and a previous block.
- Block anonymous users only: This option changes the effect of a block when blocking an IP address. When it is enabled, the block will only affect anonymous users editing from that IP address; registered users editing from that IP address will not be affected. The option has no effect on a block of a registered user.
- Prevent account creation: This should only be unchecked if the block is for an unintentional, improper username (such as a name which is accidently too close to someone else's). Leaving this unchecked will allow the blocked user to create another account. For most vandals, always check this option.
- Automatically block the last IP address...: Should generally be checked for malicious and persistant vandals.
- Prevent user from sending e-mail: Should only be used if the user being blocked is suspect to email abuse.