|Isaiah 22 - Versions
|Isaiah 22 Text (WEB)
- The burden of the valley of vision. What ails you now, that you have all gone up to the housetops?
- You that are full of shouting, a tumultuous city, a joyous town; your slain are not slain with the sword, neither are they dead in battle.
- All your rulers fled away together. They were bound by the archers. All who were found by you were bound together. They fled far away.
- Therefore I said, "Look away from me. I will weep bitterly. Don't labor to comfort me for the destruction of the daughter of my people.
- For it is a day of confusion, and of treading down, and of perplexity, from the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, in the valley of vision; a breaking down of the walls, and a crying to the mountains."
- Elam carried his quiver, with chariots of men and horsemen; and Kir uncovered the shield.
- It happened that your choicest valleys were full of chariots, and the horsemen set themselves in array at the gate.
- He took away the covering of Judah; and you looked in that day to the armor in the house of the forest.
- You saw the breaches of the city of David, that they were many; and you gathered together the waters of the lower pool.
- You numbered the houses of Jerusalem, and you broke down the houses to fortify the wall.
- You also made a reservoir between the two walls for the water of the old pool. But you didn't look to him who had done this, neither did you have respect for him who purposed it long ago.
- In that day, the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, called to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to dressing in sackcloth:
- and behold, joy and gladness, killing cattle and killing sheep, eating flesh and drinking wine: "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we will die."
- Yahweh of Armies revealed himself in my ears, "Surely this iniquity will not be forgiven you until you die," says the Lord, Yahweh of Armies.
- Thus says the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, "Go, get yourself to this treasurer, even to Shebna, who is over the house, and say,
- 'What are you doing here? Who has you here, that you have dug out a tomb here?' Cutting himself out a tomb on high, chiseling a habitation for himself in the rock!"
- Behold, Yahweh will overcome you and hurl you away violently. Yes, he will grasp you firmly.
- He will surely wind you around and around, and throw you like a ball into a large country. There you will die, and there the chariots of your glory will be, you shame of your lord's house.
- I will thrust you from your office. You will be pulled down from your station.
- It will happen in that day that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah,
- and I will clothe him with your robe, and strengthen him with your belt. I will commit your government into his hand; and he will be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.
- I will lay the key of the house of David on his shoulder. He will open, and no one will shut. He will shut, and no one will open.
- I will fasten him like a nail in a sure place. He will be for a throne of glory to his father's house.
- They will hang on him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, every small vessel, from the cups even to all the pitchers.
- "In that day," says Yahweh of Armies, "the nail that was fastened in a sure place will give way. It will be cut down, and fall. The burden that was on it will be cut off, for Yahweh has spoken it."
|Isaiah 22 Text (Hebrew)
- משא גיא חזיון מה־לך אפוא כי־עלית כלך לגגות׃
- תשאות מלאה עיר הומיה קריה עליזה חלליך לא חללי־חרב ולא מתי מלחמה׃
- כל־קציניך נדדו־יחד מקשת אסרו כל־נמצאיך אסרו יחדו מרחוק ברחו׃
- על־כן אמרתי שעו מני אמרר בבכי אל־תאיצו לנחמני על־שד בת־עמי׃
- כי יום מהומה ומבוסה ומבוכה לאדני יהוה צבאות בגיא חזיון מקרקר קר ושוע אל־ההר׃
- ועילם נשא אשפה ברכב אדם פרשים וקיר ערה מגן׃
- ויהי מבחר־עמקיך מלאו רכב והפרשים שת שתו השערה׃
- ויגל את מסך יהודה ותבט ביום ההוא אל־נשק בית היער׃
- ואת בקיעי עיר־דוד ראיתם כי־רבו ותקבצו את־מי הברכה התחתונה׃
- ואת־בתי ירושלם ספרתם ותתצו הבתים לבצר החומה׃
- ומקוה עשיתם בין החמתים למי הברכה הישנה ולא הבטתם אל־עשיה ויצרה מרחוק לא ראיתם׃
- ויקרא אדני יהוה צבאות ביום ההוא לבכי ולמספד ולקרחה ולחגר שק׃
- והנה ששון ושמחה הרג בקר ושחט צאן אכל בשר ושתות יין אכול ושתו כי מחר נמות׃
- ונגלה באזני יהוה צבאות אם־יכפר העון הזה לכם עד־תמתון אמר אדני יהוה צבאות׃ ף
- כה אמר אדני יהוה צבאות לך־בא אל־הסכן הזה על־שבנא אשר על־הבית׃
- מה־לך פה ומי לך פה כי־חצבת לך פה קבר חצבי מרום קברו חקקי בסלע משכן לו׃
- הנה יהוה מטלטלך טלטלה גבר ועטך עטה׃
- צנוף יצנפך צנפה כדור אל־ארץ רחבת ידים שמה תמות ושמה מרכבות כבודך קלון בית אדניך׃
- והדפתיך ממצבך וממעמדך יהרסך׃
- והיה ביום ההוא וקראתי לעבדי לאליקים בן־חלקיהו׃
- והלבשתיו כתנתך ואבנטך אחזקנו וממשלתך אתן בידו והיה לאב ליושב ירושלם ולבית יהודה׃
- ונתתי מפתח בית־דוד על־שכמו ופתח ואין סגר וסגר ואין פתח׃
- ותקעתיו יתד במקום נאמן והיה לכסא כבוד לבית אביו׃
- ותלו עליו כל כבוד בית־אביו הצאצאים והצפעות כל כלי הקטן מכלי האגנות ועד כל־כלי הנבלים׃
- ביום ההוא נאם יהוה צבאות תמוש היתד התקועה במקום נאמן ונגדעה ונפלה ונכרת המשא אשר־עליה כי יהוה דבר׃ ס
|Isaiah 22 Text (Latin)
- Onus vallis Visionis. Quidnam quoque tibi est, quia ascendisti et tu omnis in tecta ?
- Clamoris plena, urbs frequens, civitas exsultans ; interfecti tui, non interfecti gladio, nec mortui in bello.
- Cuncti principes tui fugerunt simul dureque ligati sunt ; omnes qui inventi sunt vincti sunt pariter ; procul fugerunt.
- Propterea dixi : Recedite a me : amare flebo ; nolite incumbere ut consolemini me super vastitate filiæ populi mei ;
- dies enim interfectionis, et conculcationis, et fletuum, Domino Deo exercituum, in valle Visionis, scrutans murum, et magnificus super montem.
- Et Ælam sumpsit pharetram, currum hominis equitis, et parietem nudavit clypeus.
- Et erunt electæ valles tuæ plenæ quadrigarum, et equites ponent sedes suas in porta.
- Et revelabitur operimentum Judæ, et videbis in die illa armamentarium domus saltus.
- Et scissuras civitatis David videbitis, quia multiplicatæ sunt ; et congregastis aquas piscinæ inferioris,
- et domos Jerusalem numerastis, et destruxistis domos ad muniendum murum.
- Et lacum fecistis inter duos muros ad aquam piscinæ veteris ; et non suspexistis ad eum qui fecerat eam, et operatorem ejus de longe non vidistis.
- Et vocabit Dominus Deus exercituum in die illa ad fletum, et ad planctum, ad calvitium, et ad cingulum sacci ;
- et ecce gaudium et lætitia, occidere vitulos et jugulare arietes, comedere carnes, et bibere vinum : comedamus et bibamus, cras enim moriemur.
- Et revelata est in auribus meis vox Domini exercituum : Si dimittetur iniquitas hæc vobis donec moriamini, dicit Dominus Deus exercituum.
- Hæc dicit Dominus Deus exercituum : Vade, ingredere ad eum qui habitat in tabernaculo, ad Sobnam, præpositum templi, et dices ad eum :
- Quid tu hic, aut quasi quis hic ? quia excidisti tibi hic sepulchrum, excidisti in excelso memoriale diligenter, in petra tabernaculum tibi.
- Ecce Dominus asportari te faciet, sicut asportatur gallus gallinaceus ; et quasi amictum, sic sublevabit te.
- Coronas cornonabit te tribulatione ; quasi pilam mittet te in terram latam et spatiosam ; ibi morieris, et ibi erit currus gloriæ tuæ, ignominia domus domini tui.
- Et expellam te de statione tua, et de ministerio tuo deponam te.
- Et erit in die illa : vocabo servum meum Eliacim, filium Helciæ,
- et induam illum tunica tua, et cingulo tuo confortabo eum, et potestatem tuam dabo in manu ejus ; et erit quasi pater habitantibus Jerusalem et domui Juda.
- Et dabo clavem domus David super humerum ejus ; et aperiet, et non erit qui claudat ; et claudet, et non erit qui aperiat.
- Et figam illum paxillum in loco fideli, et erit in solium gloriæ domui patris ejus.
- Et suspendent super eum omnem gloriam domus patris ejus ; vasorum diversa genera, omne vas parvulum, a vasis craterarum usque ad omne vas musicorum.
- In die illa, dicit Dominus exercituum, auferetur paxillus qui fixus fuerat in loco fideli, et frangetur, et cadet, et peribit quod pependerat in eo, quia Dominus locutus est.
|Isaiah 22 Text (KJV)
- The burden of the valley of vision. What aileth thee now, that thou art wholly gone up to the housetops?
- Thou that art full of stirs, a tumultuous city, a joyous city: thy slain men are not slain with the sword, nor dead in battle.
- All thy rulers are fled together, they are bound by the archers: all that are found in thee are bound together, which have fled from far.
- Therefore said I, Look away from me; I will weep bitterly, labour not to comfort me, because of the spoiling of the daughter of my people.
- For it is a day of trouble, and of treading down, and of perplexity by the Lord GOD of hosts in the valley of vision, breaking down the walls, and of crying to the mountains.
- And Elam bare the quiver with chariots of men and horsemen, and Kir uncovered the shield.
- And it shall come to pass, that thy choicest valleys shall be full of chariots, and the horsemen shall set themselves in array at the gate.
- And he discovered the covering of Judah, and thou didst look in that day to the armour of the house of the forest.
- Ye have seen also the breaches of the city of David, that they are many: and ye gathered together the waters of the lower pool.
- And ye have numbered the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses have ye broken down to fortify the wall.
- Ye made also a ditch between the two walls for the water of the old pool: but ye have not looked unto the maker thereof, neither had respect unto him that fashioned it long ago.
- And in that day did the Lord GOD of hosts call to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to girding with sackcloth:
- And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.
- And it was revealed in mine ears by the LORD of hosts, Surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you till ye die, saith the Lord GOD of hosts.
- Thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, Go, get thee unto this treasurer, even unto Shebna, which is over the house, and say,
- What hast thou here? and whom hast thou here, that thou hast hewed thee out a sepulchre here, as he that heweth him out a sepulchre on high, and that graveth an habitation for himself in a rock?
- Behold, the LORD will carry thee away with a mighty captivity, and will surely cover thee.
- He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a ball into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house.
- And I will drive thee from thy station, and from thy state shall he pull thee down.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:
- And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.
- And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
- And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.
- And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons.
- In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it.