|Ezekiel 16 - Versions
|Ezekiel 16 Text (WEB)
- Again the word of Yahweh came to me, saying,
- Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations;
- and say, Thus says the Lord Yahweh to Jerusalem: Your birth and your birth is of the land of the Canaanite; the Amorite was your father, and your mother was a Hittite.
- As for your birth, in the day you were born your navel was not cut, neither were you washed in water to cleanse you; you weren't salted at all, nor swaddled at all.
- No eye pitied you, to do any of these things to you, to have compassion on you; but you were cast out in the open field, for that your person was abhorred, in the day that you were born.
- When I passed by you, and saw you wallowing in your blood, I said to you, [Though you are] in your blood, live; yes, I said to you, [Though you are] in your blood, live.
- I caused you to multiply as that which grows in the field, and you increased and grew great, and you attained to excellent ornament; your breasts were fashioned, and your hair was grown; yet you were naked and bare.
- Now when I passed by you, and looked at you, behold, your time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over you, and covered your nakedness: yes, I swore to you, and entered into a covenant with you, says the Lord Yahweh, and you became mine.
- Then washed I you with water; yes, I thoroughly washed away your blood from you, and I anointed you with oil.
- I clothed you also with embroidered work, and shod you with sealskin, and I dressed you about with fine linen, and covered you with silk.
- I decked you with ornaments, and I put bracelets on your hands, and a chain on your neck.
- I put a ring on your nose, and earrings in your ears, and a beautiful crown on your head.
- Thus you were decked with gold and silver; and your clothing was of fine linen, and silk, and embroidered work; you ate fine flour, and honey, and oil; and you were exceeding beautiful, and you prospered to royal estate.
- Your renown went forth among the nations for your beauty; for it was perfect, through my majesty which I had put on you, says the Lord Yahweh.
- But you trusted in your beauty, and played the prostitute because of your renown, and poured out your prostitution on everyone who passed by; his it was.
- You took of your garments, and made for yourselves high places decked with various colors, and played the prostitute on them: [the like things] shall not come, neither shall it be [so].
- You also took your beautiful jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given you, and made for yourself images of men, and played the prostitute with them;
- and you took your embroidered garments, and covered them, and did set my oil and my incense before them.
- My bread also which I gave you, fine flour, and oil, and honey, with which I fed you, you even set it before them for a pleasant aroma; and [thus] it was, says the Lord Yahweh.
- Moreover you have taken your sons and your daughters, whom you have borne to me, and you have sacrificed these to them to be devoured. Was your prostitution a small matter,
- that you have slain my children, and delivered them up, in causing them to pass through [the fire] to them?
- In all your abominations and your prostitution you have not remembered the days of your youth, when you were naked and bare, and were wallowing in your blood.
- It has happened after all your wickedness, (woe, woe to you! says the Lord Yahweh),
- that you have built for yourselves a vaulted place, and have made yourselves a lofty place in every street.
- You have built your lofty place at the head of every way, and have made your beauty an abomination, and have opened your feet to everyone who passed by, and multiplied your prostitution.
- You have also committed sexual immorality with the Egyptians, your neighbors, great of flesh; and have multiplied your prostitution, to provoke me to anger.
- See therefore, I have stretched out my hand over you, and have diminished your ordinary [food], and delivered you to the will of those who hate you, the daughters of the Philistines, who are ashamed of your lewd way.
- You have played the prostitute also with the Assyrians, because you were insatiable; yes, you have played the prostitute with them, and yet you weren't satisfied.
- You have moreover multiplied your prostitution to the land of merchants, to Chaldea; and yet you weren't satisfied with this.
- How weak is your heart, says the Lord Yahweh, since you do all these things, the work of an impudent prostitute;
- in that you build your vaulted place at the head of every way, and make your lofty place in every street, and have not been as a prostitute, in that you scorn pay.
- A wife who commits adultery! who takes strangers instead of her husband!
- They give gifts to all prostitutes; but you give your gifts to all your lovers, and bribe them, that they may come to you on every side for your prostitution.
- You are different from [other] women in your prostitution, in that no one follows you to play the prostitute; and whereas you give hire, and no hire is given to you, therefore you are different.
- Therefore, prostitute, hear the word of Yahweh:
- Thus says the Lord Yahweh, Because your filthiness was poured out, and your nakedness uncovered through your prostitution with your lovers; and because of all the idols of your abominations, and for the blood of your children, that you gave to them;
- therefore see, I will gather all your lovers, with whom you have taken pleasure, and all those who you have loved, with all those who you have hated; I will even gather them against you on every side, and will uncover your nakedness to them, that they may see all your nakedness.
- I will judge you, as women who break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will bring on you the blood of wrath and jealousy.
- I will also give you into their hand, and they shall throw down your vaulted place, and break down your lofty places; and they shall strip you of your clothes, and take your beautiful jewels; and they shall leave you naked and bare.
- They shall also bring up a company against you, and they shall stone you with stones, and thrust you through with their swords.
- They shall burn your houses with fire, and execute judgments on you in the sight of many women; and I will cause you to cease from playing the prostitute, and you shall also give no hire any more.
- So will I cause my wrath toward you to rest, and my jealousy shall depart from you, and I will be quiet, and will be no more angry.
- Because you have not remembered the days of your youth, but have raged against me in all these things; therefore, behold, I also will bring your way on your head, says the Lord Yahweh: and you shall not commit this lewdness with all your abominations.
- Behold, everyone who uses proverbs shall use [this] proverb against you, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.
- You are the daughter of your mother, who loathes her husband and her children; and you are the sister of your sisters, who loathed their husbands and their children: your mother was a Hittite, and your father an Amorite.
- Your elder sister is Samaria, who dwells at your left hand, she and her daughters; and your younger sister, who dwells at your right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.
- Yet have you not walked in their ways, nor done after their abominations; but, as [if that were] a very little [thing], you were more corrupt than they in all your ways.
- As I live, says the Lord Yahweh, Sodom your sister has not done, she nor her daughters, as you have done, you and your daughters.
- Behold, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: pride, fullness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
- They were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw [good].
- Neither has Samaria committed half of your sins; but you have multiplied your abominations more than they, and have justified your sisters by all your abominations which you have done.
- You also, bear you your own shame, in that you have given judgment for your sisters; through your sins that you have committed more abominable than they, they are more righteous that you: yes, be also confounded, and bear your shame, in that you have justified your sisters.
- I will turn again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, and the captivity of your captives in the midst of them;
- that you may bear your own shame, and may be ashamed because of all that you have done, in that you are a comfort to them.
- Your sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate; and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate; and you and your daughters shall return to your former estate.
- For your sister Sodom was not mentioned by your mouth in the day of your pride,
- before your wickedness was uncovered, as at the time of the reproach of the daughters of Syria, and of all who are around her, the daughters of the Philistines, who do despite to you all around.
- You have borne your lewdness and your abominations, says Yahweh.
- For thus says the Lord Yahweh: I will also deal with you as you have done, who have despised the oath in breaking the covenant.
- Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish to you an everlasting covenant.
- Then you shall remember your ways, and be ashamed, when you shall receive your sisters, your elder [sisters] and your younger; and I will give them to you for daughters, but not by your covenant.
- I will establish my covenant with you; and you shall know that I am Yahweh;
- that you may remember, and be confounded, and never open your mouth any more, because of your shame, when I have forgiven you all that you have done, says the Lord Yahweh.
|Ezekiel 16 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי דבר־יהוה אלי לאמר׃
- בן־אדם הודע את־ירושלם את־תועבתיה׃
- ואמרת כה־אמר אדני יהוה לירושלם מכרתיך ומלדתיך מארץ הכנעני אביך האמרי ואמך חתית׃
- ומולדותיך ביום הולדת אתך לא־כרת שרך ובמים לא־רחצת למשעי והמלח לא המלחת והחתל לא חתלת׃
- לא־חסה עליך עין לעשות לך אחת מאלה לחמלה עליך ותשלכי אל־פני השדה בגעל נפשך ביום הלדת אתך׃
- ואעבר עליך ואראך מתבוססת בדמיך ואמר לך בדמיך חיי ואמר לך בדמיך חיי׃
- רבבה כצמח השדה נתתיך ותרבי ותגדלי ותבאי בעדי עדיים שדים נכנו ושערך צמח ואת ערם ועריה׃
- ואעבר עליך ואראך והנה עתך עת דדים ואפרש כנפי עליך ואכסה ערותך ואשבע לך ואבוא בברית אתך נאם אדני יהוה ותהיי לי׃
- וארחצך במים ואשטף דמיך מעליך ואסךך בשמן׃
- ואלבישך רקמה ואנעלך תחש ואחבשך בשש ואכסך משי׃
- ואעדך עדי ואתנה צמידים על־ידיך ורביד על־גרונך׃
- ואתן נזם על־אפך ועגילים על־אזניך ועטרת תפארת בראשך׃
- ותעדי זהב וכסף ומלבושך ומשי ורקמה סלת ודבש ושמן ותיפי במאד מאד ותצלחי למלוכה׃
- ויצא לך שם בגוים ביפיך כי כליל הוא בהדרי אשר־שמתי עליך נאם אדני יהוה׃
- ותבטחי ביפיך ותזני על־שמך ותשפכי את־תזנותיך על־כל־עובר לו־יהי׃
- ותקחי מבגדיך ותעשי־לך במות טלאות ותזני עליהם לא באות ולא יהיה׃
- ותקחי כלי תפארתך מזהבי ומכספי אשר נתתי לך ותעשי־לך צלמי זכר ותזני־בם׃
- ותקחי את־בגדי רקמתך ותכסים ושמני וקטרתי לפניהם׃
- ולחמי אשר־נתתי לך סלת ושמן ודבש האכלתיך ונתתיהו לפניהם לריח ניחח ויהי נאם אדני יהוה׃
- ותקחי את־בניך ואת־בנותיך אשר ילדת לי ותזבחים להם לאכול המעט ׃
- ותשחטי את־בני ותתנים בהעביר אותם להם׃
- ואת כל־תועבתיך ותזנתיך לא את־ימי נעוריך בהיותך ערם ועריה מתבוססת בדמך היית׃
- ויהי אחרי כל־רעתך אוי אוי לך נאם אדני יהוה׃
- ותבני־לך גב ותעשי־לך רמה בכל־רחוב׃
- אל־כל־ראש דרך בנית רמתך ותתעבי את־יפיך ותפשקי את־רגליך לכל־עובר ותרבי את־ ׃
- ותזני אל־בני־מצרים שכניך גדלי בשר ותרבי את־תזנתך להכעיסני׃
- והנה נטיתי ידי עליך ואגרע חקך ואתנך בנפש שנאותיך בנות פלשתים הנכלמות מדרךך זמה׃
- ותזני אל־בני אשור מבלתי שבעתך ותזנים וגם לא שבעת׃
- ותרבי את־תזנותך אל־ארץ כנען כשדימה וגם־בזאת לא שבעת׃
- מה אמלה לבתך נאם אדני יהוה בעשותך את־כל־אלה מעשה אשה־זונה שלטת׃
- בבנותיך גבך בראש כל־דרך ורמתך בכל־רחוב ולא־ כזונה לקלס אתןן׃
- האשה המנאפת תחת אישה תקח את־זרים׃
- לכל־זנות יתנו־נדה ואת נתת את־נדניך לכל־מאהביך ותשחדי אותם לבוא אליך מסביב בתזנותיך׃
- ויהי־בך הפך מן־הנשים בתזנותיך ואחריך לא זונה ובתתך אתןן ואתןן לא נתן־לך ותהי להפך׃
- לכן זונה שמעי דבר־יהוה׃ ף
- כה־אמר אדני יהוה יען השפך נחשתך ותגלה ערותך בתזנותיך על־מאהביך ועל כל־גלולי תועבותיך וכדמי בניך אשר נתת להם׃
- לכן הנני מקבץ את־כל־מאהביך אשר ערבת עליהם ואת כל־אשר אהבת על כל־אשר שנאת וקבצתי אתם עליך מסביב וגליתי ערותך אלהם וראו את־כל־ערותך׃
- ושפטתיך משפטי נאפות ושפכת דם ונתתיך דם חמה וקנאה׃
- ונתתי אותך בידם והרסו גבך ונתצו רמתיך והפשיטו אותך בגדיך ולקחו כלי תפארתך והניחוך עירם ועריה׃
- והעלו עליך קהל ורגמו אותך באבן ובתקוך בחרבותם׃
- ושרפו בתיך באש ועשו־בך שפטים לעיני נשים רבות והשבתיך מזונה וגם־אתןן לא תתני־עוד׃
- והנחתי חמתי בך וסרה קנאתי ממך ושקטתי ולא אכעס עוד׃
- יען אשר לא־ את־ימי נעוריך ותרגזי־לי בכל־אלה וגם־אני הא דרךך בראש נתתי נאם אדני יהוה ולא את־הזמה על כל־תועבתיך׃
- הנה כל־המשל עליך ימשל לאמר כאמה בתה׃
- בת־אמך את געלת אישה ובניה ואחות אחותך את אשר געלו אנשיהן ובניהן אמכן חתית ואביכן אמרי׃
- ואחותך הגדולה שמרון היא ובנותיה היושבת על־שמאולך ואחותך הקטנה ממך היושבת מימינך סדם ובנותיה׃
- ולא בדרכיהן הלכת ובתועבותיהן כמעט קט ותשחתי מהן בכל־דרכיך׃
- חי־אני נאם אדני יהוה אם־עשתה סדם אחותך היא ובנותיה כאשר עשית את ובנותיך׃
- הנה־זה היה עון סדם אחותך גאון שבעת־לחם ושלות השקט היה לה ולבנותיה ויד־עני ואביון לא החזיקה׃
- ותגבהינה ותעשינה תועבה לפני ואסיר אתהן כאשר ראיתי׃ ס
- ושמרון כחצי חטאתיך לא חטאה ותרבי את־תועבותיך מהנה ותצדקי את־ בכל־תועבותיך אשר ׃
- גם־את שאי כלמתך אשר פללת לאחותך בחטאתיך אשר־התעבת מהן תצדקנה ממך וגם־את בושי ושאי כלמתך בצדקתך אחיותך׃
- ושבתי את־שביתהן את־ סדם ובנותיה ואת־ שמרון ובנותיה שביתיך בתוכהנה׃
- למען תשאי כלמתך ונכלמת מכל אשר עשית בנחמך אתן׃
- ואחותיך סדם ובנותיה תשבן לקדמתן ושמרון ובנותיה תשבן לקדמתן ואת ובנותיך תשבינה לקדמתכן׃
- ולוא היתה סדם אחותך לשמועה בפיך ביום גאוניך׃
- בטרם תגלה רעתך כמו עת חרפת בנות־ארם וכל־סביבותיה בנות פלשתים השאטות אותך מסביב׃
- את־זמתך ואת־תועבותיך את נשאתים נאם יהוה׃ ס
- כי כה אמר אדני יהוה אותך כאשר עשית אשר־בזית אלה להפר ברית׃
- וזכרתי אני את־בריתי אותך בימי נעוריך והקמותי לך ברית עולם׃
- וזכרת את־דרכיך ונכלמת בקחתך את־אחותיך הגדלות ממך אל־הקטנות ממך ונתתי אתהן לך לבנות ולא מבריתך׃
- והקימותי אני את־בריתי אתך וידעת כי־אני יהוה׃
- למען תזכרי ובשת ולא יהיה־לך עוד פתחון פה מפני כלמתך בכפרי־לך לכל־אשר עשית נאם אדני יהוה׃ ס
|Ezekiel 16 Text (Latin)
- Et factus est sermo Domini ad me, dicens :
- Fili hominis, notas fac Jerusalem abominationes suas,
- et dices : Hæc dicit Dominus Deus Jerusalem : Radix tua et generatio tua de terra Chanaan : pater tuus Amorrhæus, et mater tua Cethæa.
- Et quando nata es, in die ortus tui, non est præcisus umbilicus tuus : et aqua non es lota in salutem, nec sale salita, nec involuta pannis.
- Non pepercit super te oculus, ut faceret tibi unum de his, misertus tui : sed projecta es super faciem terræ in abjectione animæ tuæ, in die qua nata es.
- Transiens autem per te, vidi te conculcari in sanguine tuo, et dixi tibi cum esses in sanguine tuo : Vive, dixi, inquam, tibi ; in sanguine tuo vive.
- Multiplicatam quasi germen agri dedi te : et multiplicata es, et grandis effecta, et ingressa es, et pervenisti ad mundum muliebrem : ubera tua intumuerunt, et pilus tuus germinavit : et eras nuda, et confusione plena.
- Et transivi per te, et vidi te : et ecce tempus tuum, tempus amantium : et expandi amictum meum super te, et operui ignominiam tuam : et juravi tibi, et ingressus sum pactum tecum, ait Dominus Deus, et facta es mihi.
- Et lavi te aqua, et emundavi sanguinem tuum ex te, et unxi te oleo.
- Et vestivi te discoloribus, et calceavi te janthino : et cinxi te bysso, et indui te subtilibus.
- Et ornavi te ornamento, et dedi armillas in manibus tuis, et torquem circa collum tuum.
- Et dedi inaurem super os tuum, et circulos auribus tuis, et coronam decoris in capite tuo.
- Et ornata es auro et argento, et vestita es bysso et polymito et multicoloribus : similam, et mel, et oleum comedisti : et decora facta es vehementer nimis, et profecisti in regnum.
- Et egressum est nomen tuum in gentes propter speciem tuam, quia perfecta eras in decore meo, quem posueram super te, dicit Dominus Deus.
- Et habens fiduciam in pulchritudine tua, fornicata es in nomine tuo : et exposuisti fornicationem tuam omni transeunti, et ejus fieres.
- Et sumens de vestimentis tuis, fecisti tibi excelsa hinc inde consuta, et fornicata es super eis sicut non est factum, neque futurum est.
- Et tulisti vasa decoris tui de auro meo atque argento meo, quæ dedi tibi, et fecisti tibi imagines masculinas, et fornicata es in eis.
- Et sumpsisti vestimenta tua multicoloria, et operuisti illas, et oleum meum et thymiama meum posuisti coram eis.
- Et panem meum quem dedi tibi, similam, et oleum, et mel, quibus enutrivi te, posuisti in conspectu eorum in odorem suavitatis : et factum est, ait Dominus Deus.
- Et tulisti filios tuos et filias tuas, quas generasti mihi, et immolasti eis ad devorandum. Numquid parva est fornicatio tua ?
- Immolasti filios meos, et dedisti, illos consecrans, eis.
- Et post omnes abominationes tuas et fornicationes, non es recordata dierum adolescentiæ tuæ, quando eras nuda, et confusione plena, conculcata in sanguine tuo.
- Et accidit post omnem malitiam tuam (væ, væ tibi ! ait Dominus Deus),
- et ædificasti tibi lupanar, et fecisti tibi prostibulum in cunctis plateis.
- Ad omne caput viæ ædificasti signum prostitutionis tuæ, et abominabilem fecisti decorem tuum : et divisisti pedes tuos omni transeunti, et multiplicasti fornicationes tuas :
- et fornicata es cum filiis Ægypti, vicinis tuis, magnarum carnium : et multiplicasti fornicationem tuam ad irritandum me.
- Ecce ego extendam manum meam super te, et auferam justificationem tuam, et dabo te in animas odientium te filiarum Palæstinarum, quæ erubescunt in via tua scelerata.
- Et fornicata es in filiis Assyriorum eo quod necdum fueris expleta : et postquam fornicata es, nec sic es satiata :
- et multiplicasti fornicationem tuam in terra Chanaan cum Chaldæis, et nec sic satiata es.
- In quo mundabo cor tuum, ait Dominus Deus, cum facias omnia hæc opera mulieris meretricis et procacis ?
- Quia fabricasti lupanar tuum in capite omnis viæ, et excelsum tuum fecisti in omni platea : nec facta es quasi meretrix fastidio augens pretium :
- sed quasi mulier adultera, quæ super virum suum inducit alienos.
- Omnibus meretricibus dantur mercedes : tu autem dedisti mercedes cunctis amatoribus tuis, et dona donabas eis, ut intrarent ad te undique ad fornicandum tecum.
- Factumque est in te contra consuetudinem mulierum in fornicationibus tuis, et post te non erit fornicatio : in eo enim quod dedisti mercedes, et mercedes non accepisti, factum est in te contrarium.
- Propterea, meretrix, audi verbum Domini.
- Hæc dicit Dominus Deus : Quia effusum est æs tuum et revelata est ignominia tua in fornicationibus tuis super amatores tuos, et super idola abominationum tuarum, in sanguine filiorum tuorum quos dedisti eis,
- ecce ego congregabo omnes amatores tuos, quibus commista es, et omnes quos dilexisti, cum universis quos oderas : et congregabo eos super te undique, et nudabo ignominiam tuam coram eis, et videbunt omnem turpitudinem tuam.
- Et judicabo te judiciis adulterarum, et effundentium sanguinem : et dabo te in sanguinem furoris et zeli.
- Et dabo te in manus eorum, et destruent lupanar tuum, et demolientur prostibulum tuum : et denudabunt te vestimentis tuis, et auferent vasa decoris tui, et derelinquent te nudam, plenamque ignominia :
- et adducent super te multitudinem, et lapidabunt te lapidibus, et trucidabunt te gladiis suis :
- et comburent domos tuas igni, et facient in te judicia in oculis mulierum plurimarum : et desines fornicari, et mercedes ultra non dabis :
- et requiescet indignatio mea in te, et auferetur zelus meus a te : et quiescam, nec irascar amplius.
- Eo quod non fueris recordata dierum adolescentiæ tuæ, et provocasti me in omnibus his, quapropter et ego vias tuas in capite tuo dedi, ait Dominus Deus, et non feci juxta scelera tua in omnibus abominationibus tuis.
- Ecce omnis qui dicit vulgo proverbium, in te assumet illud, dicens : Sicut mater, ita et filia ejus.
- Filia matris tuæ es tu, quæ projecit virum suum et filios suos : et soror sororum tuarum es tu, quæ projecerunt viros suos et filios suos : mater vestra Cethæa, et pater vester Amorrhæus.
- Et soror tua major, Samaria, ipsa et filiæ ejus, quæ habitant ad sinistram tuam : soror autem tua minor te, quæ habitat a dextris tuis, Sodoma, et filiæ ejus.
- Sed nec in viis earum ambulasti, neque secundum scelera earum fecisti pauxillum minus : pene sceleratiora fecisti illis in omnibus viis tuis.
- Vivo ego, dicit Dominus Deus, quia non fecit Sodoma, soror tua, ipsa et filiæ ejus, sicut fecisti tu, et filiæ tuæ.
- Ecce hæc fuit iniquitas Sodomæ, sororis tuæ : superbia, saturitas panis et abundantia, et otium ipsius, et filiarum ejus : et manum egeno et pauperi non porrigebant :
- et elevatæ sunt, et fecerunt abominationes coram me : et abstuli eas sicut vidisti.
- Et Samaria dimidium peccatorum tuorum non peccavit : sed vicisti eas sceleribus tuis, et justificasti sorores tuas in omnibus abominationibus tuis quas operata es.
- Ergo et tu porta confusionem tuam, quæ vicisti sorores tuas peccatis tuis, scelerantius agens ab eis : justificatæ sunt enim a te : ergo et tu confundere, et porta ignominiam tuam, quæ justificasti sorores tuas.
- Et convertam restituens eas conversione Sodomorum cum filiabus suis, et conversione Samariæ et filiarum ejus, et convertam reversionem tuam in medio earum,
- ut portes ignominiam tuam, et confundaris in omnibus quæ fecisti consolans eas.
- Et soror tua Sodoma et filiæ ejus revertentur ad antiquitatem suam, et Samaria et filiæ ejus revertentur ad antiquitatem suam, et tu et filiæ tuæ revertemini ad antiquitatem vestram.
- Non fuit autem Sodoma, soror tua, audita in ore tuo, in die superbiæ tuæ,
- antequam revelaretur malitia tua, sicut hoc tempore in opprobrium filiarum Syriæ, et cunctarum in circuitu tuo filiarum Palæstinarum quæ ambiunt te per gyrum.
- Scelus tuum et ignominiam tuam tu portasti, ait Dominus Deus.
- Quia hæc dicit Dominus Deus : Et faciam tibi sicut despexisti juramentum, ut irritum faceres pactum :
- et recordabor ego pacti mei tecum in diebus adolescentiæ tuæ, et suscitabo tibi pactum sempiternum.
- Et recordaberis viarum tuarum, et confunderis, cum receperis sorores tuas te majores cum minoribus tuis : et dabo eas tibi in filias, sed non ex pacto tuo.
- Et suscitabo ego pactum meum tecum, et scies quia ego Dominus :
- ut recorderis, et confundaris, et non sit tibi ultra aperire os præ confusione tua, cum placatus tibi fuero in omnibus quæ fecisti, ait Dominus Deus.
|Ezekiel 16 Text (KJV)
- Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
- Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,
- And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
- And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.
- None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.
- And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.
- I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.
- Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.
- Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.
- I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.
- I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.
- And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.
- Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.
- And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
- But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.
- And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.
- Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,
- And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them.
- My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD.
- Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,
- That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?
- And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.
- And it came to pass after all thy wickedness, (woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord GOD;)
- That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street.
- Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms.
- Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger.
- Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way.
- Thou hast played the whore also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied.
- Thou hast moreover multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan unto Chaldea; and yet thou wast not satisfied herewith.
- How weak is thine heart, saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman;
- In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire;
- But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband!
- They give gifts to all whores: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy whoredom.
- And the contrary is in thee from other women in thy whoredoms, whereas none followeth thee to commit whoredoms: and in that thou givest a reward, and no reward is given unto thee, therefore thou art contrary.
- Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD:
- Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy whoredoms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them;
- Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness.
- And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy.
- And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare.
- They shall also bring up a company against thee, and they shall stone thee with stones, and thrust thee through with their swords.
- And they shall burn thine houses with fire, and execute judgments upon thee in the sight of many women: and I will cause thee to cease from playing the harlot, and thou also shalt give no hire any more.
- So will I make my fury toward thee to rest, and my jealousy shall depart from thee, and I will be quiet, and will be no more angry.
- Because thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, but hast fretted me in all these things; behold, therefore I also will recompense thy way upon thine head, saith the Lord GOD: and thou shalt not commit this lewdness above all thine abominations.
- Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.
- Thou art thy mother's daughter, that lotheth her husband and her children; and thou art the sister of thy sisters, which lothed their husbands and their children: your mother was an Hittite, and your father an Amorite.
- And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.
- Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways.
- As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
- Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
- And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
- Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.
- Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than thou: yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters.
- When I shall bring again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, then will I bring again the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them:
- That thou mayest bear thine own shame, and mayest be confounded in all that thou hast done, in that thou art a comfort unto them.
- When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate.
- For thy sister Sodom was not mentioned by thy mouth in the day of thy pride,
- Before thy wickedness was discovered, as at the time of thy reproach of the daughters of Syria, and all that are round about her, the daughters of the Philistines, which despise thee round about.
- Thou hast borne thy lewdness and thine abominations, saith the LORD.
- For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even deal with thee as thou hast done, which hast despised the oath in breaking the covenant.
- Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.
- Then thou shalt remember thy ways, and be ashamed, when thou shalt receive thy sisters, thine elder and thy younger: and I will give them unto thee for daughters, but not by thy covenant.
- And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD:
- That thou mayest remember, and be confounded, and never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done, saith the Lord GOD.