First off, welcome to WikiChristian! Secondly, I saw your request on Graham's page and have given you administrator status. There are no specific policies you have to follow (you may want to check Wikichristian.org:Page Layout) - but here's a few things to remember:
- Semi-protection is never needed, because IP's can't edit the site anyway,
- Moving pages is disabled, except to users with the "move" permission and admins,
- All of this site's articles must only reflect a Christian point of view - other views may be expressed, but they must be clearly listed as opposing Christianity (i.e., the atheism article can't appear to support atheism in any way).
God bless! -- P.B. Pilhet / Talk 01:01, 23 July 2008 (PDT)
P.S. -- Feel free to protect your userpage is you like - I've protected mine, cause I deal with a lot of the vandalism here ;) -- 01:02, 23 July 2008 (PDT)
- Thanks P.B Pilhet, for the adminship and the advice. I'll look around just to get used to this wiki and see how things work out here. I'll do my best. God bless, Ryan†Cross (talk) 08:13, 23 July 2008 (PDT)
Greetings. I wonder if Special:Emailuser is not activated or it's just because I'm new? Bennylin 09:03, 24 July 2008 (PDT)
- I have confirmed my email. What I mean is when I click Special:Emailuser/Bennylin (or in my case, your username) I got :
No such special page
You have requested an invalid special page.
A list of valid special pages can be found at Special:Specialpages.
- Thanks. Bennylin 09:16, 24 July 2008 (PDT)
Btw, you're just one day old here and have become an admin? :)
You're doing a fantastic job of getting rid of vandalism. Well done. Thanks. --Graham grove 03:01, 7 August 2008 (PDT)
- Your welcome. I'll check and see if there are any more vandalism pages. Thanks, Ryan†Cross (talk) 07:33, 7 August 2008 (PDT)
That would've been funny, if it hadn't been so sad, to see how you unprotected WikiChristian:About and 16 hours later it was vandalized! I put the protection back on, only because that page is linked to in the footer of every single page, make it a highly visible target. --Aquatiki 23:49, 20 September 2008 (PDT)
- No problem. My mistake; I didn't think we'd get vandals vandalizing that page so soon after the unprotection. Thanks, Ryan†Cross (talk) 00:57, 21 September 2008 (PDT)
Hello. I just want to flag the following page to you WikiChristian:Clean-up. Hopefully you'd like to help out. --Graham grove 12:19, 8 October 2008 (PDT)
Hi Ryan. Yep, there have been plenty of changes and updates. It's good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you. Take a look at the following pages, which hopefully tells you what most of the changes have been: WikiChristian:Bible, WikiChristian:Page Layout, WikiChristian:Clean-up. Cheers. --Graham 07:48, 23 October 2008 (PDT)
- Hi Ryan:
I spoke with Prab over the phone about helping WikiChristian Admins and editors connect and share tips as they edit WikiChristian. We have decided to set up a listserv where Admins and editors can share tips if they wish.
Here is a description: "WikiChristian is an e-newsletter connecting contributors, writers and administrators for WikiChristian the free encyclopedia and discussion forum of Biblical Christianity that anyone can contribute to."
If you would like to join our community of editors and content contributors and learn more about how to edit,
please sign up for our Yahoo! Group here.
--DavidSpencer.ca 21:13, 27 December 2008 (PST)
- Thanks for all your editing work on WikiChristian.org. Please join the conversation with other editors by signing up for your free "WikiChristian E-Newsletter" here.
20:09, 5 September 2009 (PDT)