| Psalm 62 - Versions
| Psalm 62 Text (WEB)
- My soul rests in God alone. My salvation is from him.
- He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress-- I will never be greatly shaken.
- How long will you assault a man, would all of you throw him down, Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?
- They fully intend to throw him down from his lofty place. They delight in lies. They bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
- My soul, wait in silence for God alone, for my expectation is from him.
- He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress. I will not be shaken.
- With God is my salvation and my honor. The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
- Trust in him at all times, you people. Pour out your heart before him. God is a refuge for us. Selah.
- Surely men of low degree are just a breath, and men of high degree are a lie. In the balances they will go up. They are together lighter than a breath.
- Don't trust in oppression. Don't become vain in robbery. If riches increase, don't set your heart on them.
- God has spoken once; twice I have heard this, that power belongs to God.
- Also to you, Lord, belongs loving kindness, for you reward every man according to his work. A Psalm by David, when he was in the desert of Judah.
| Psalm 62 Text (Hebrew)
- אך אל־אלהים דומיה נפשי ממנו ישועתי׃
- אך־הוא צורי וישועתי משגבי לא־אמוט רבה׃
- עד־אנה תהותתו על־איש תרצחו כלכם כקיר נטוי גדר הדחויה׃
- אך משאתו יעצו להדיח ירצו כזב בפיו יברכו ובקרבם יקללו־סלה׃
- אך לאלהים דומי נפשי כי־ממנו תקותי׃
- אך־הוא צורי וישועתי משגבי לא אמוט׃
- על־אלהים ישעי וכבודי צור־עזי מחסי באלהים׃
- בטחו בו בכל־עת עם שפכו־לפניו לבבכם אלהים מחסה־לנו סלה׃
- אך הבל בני־אדם כזב בני איש במאזנים לעלות המה מהבל יחד׃
- אל־תבטחו בעשק ובגזל אל־תהבלו חיל כי־ינוב אל־תשיתו לב׃
- אחת דבר אלהים שתים־זו שמעתי כי עז לאלהים׃
- ולך־אדני חסד כי־אתה תשלם לאיש כמעשהו׃
| Psalm 62 Text (Latin)
- In finem, pro Idithun. Psalmus David.
- Nam et ipse Deus meus et salutaris meus ; susceptor meus, non movebor amplius.
- Quousque irruitis in hominem ? interficitis universi vos, tamquam parieti inclinato et maceriæ depulsæ ?
- Verumtamen pretium meum cogitaverunt repellere ; cucurri in siti ; ore suo benedicebant, et corde suo maledicebant.
- Verumtamen Deo subjecta esto, anima mea, quoniam ab ipso patientia mea ;
- quia ipse Deus meus et salvator meus, adjutor meus, non emigrabo.
- In Deo salutare meum et gloria mea ; Deus auxilii mei, et spes mea in Deo est.
- Sperate in eo, omnis congregatio populi ; effundite coram illo corda vestra ; Deus adjutor noster in æternum.
- Verumtamen vani filii hominum, mendaces filii hominum in stateris, ut decipiant ipsi de vanitate in idipsum.
- Nolite sperare in iniquitate, et rapinas nolite concupiscere ; divitiæ si affluant, nolite cor apponere.
- Semel locutus est Deus ; duo hæc audivi : quia potestas Dei est,
- et tibi, Domine, misericordia : quia tu reddes unicuique juxta opera sua.
| Psalm 62 Text (KJV)
- Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
- He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
- How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.
- They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
- My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
- He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
- In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
- Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
- Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.
- Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
- God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
- Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm