| Psalm 37 - Versions
| Psalm 37 Text (WEB)
- Don't fret because of evildoers, neither be envious against those who work unrighteousness.
- For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither like the green herb.
- Trust in Yahweh, and do good. Dwell in the land, and enjoy safe pasture.
- Also delight yourself in Yahweh, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- Commit your way to Yahweh. Trust also in him, and he will do this:
- he will make your righteousness go forth as the light, and your justice as the noon day sun.
- Rest in Yahweh, and wait patiently for him. Don't fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who makes wicked plots happen.
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath. Don't fret, it leads only to evildoing.
- For evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait for Yahweh shall inherit the land.
- For yet a little while, and the wicked will be no more. Yes, though you look for his place, he isn't there.
- But the humble shall inherit the land, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth.
- The Lord will laugh at him, for he sees that his day is coming.
- The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, to kill those who are upright in the way.
- Their sword shall enter into their own heart. Their bows shall be broken.
- Better is a little that the righteous has, than the abundance of many wicked.
- For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but Yahweh upholds the righteous.
- Yahweh knows the days of the perfect. Their inheritance shall be forever.
- They shall not be disappointed in the time of evil. In the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
- But the wicked shall perish. The enemies of Yahweh shall be like the beauty of the fields. They will vanish-- vanish like smoke.
- The wicked borrow, and don't pay back, but the righteous give generously.
- For such as are blessed by him shall inherit the land. Those who are cursed by him shall be cut off.
- A man's goings are established by Yahweh. He delights in his way.
- Though he stumble, he shall not fall, for Yahweh holds him up with his hand.
- I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his children begging for bread.
- All day long he deals graciously, and lends. His seed is blessed.
- Depart from evil, and do good. Live securely forever.
- For Yahweh loves justice, and doesn't forsake his saints. They are preserved forever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off.
- The righteous shall inherit the land, and live in it forever.
- The mouth of the righteous talks of wisdom. His tongue speaks justice.
- The law of his God is in his heart. None of his steps shall slide.
- The wicked watches the righteous, and seeks to kill him.
- Yahweh will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
- Wait for Yahweh, and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land. When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
- I have seen the wicked in great power, spreading himself like a green tree in its native soil.
- But he passed away, and behold, he was not. Yes, I sought him, but he could not be found.
- Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
- As for transgressors, they shall be destroyed together. The future of the wicked shall be cut off.
- But the salvation of the righteous is from Yahweh. He is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
- Yahweh helps them, and rescues them. He rescues them from the wicked, and saves them, Because they have taken refuge in him. A Psalm by David, for a memorial.
| Psalm 37 Text (Hebrew)
- לדוד אל־תתחר במרעים אל־תקנא בעשי עולה׃
- כי כחציר מהרה ימלו וכירק דשא יבולון׃
- בטח ביהוה ועשה־טוב שכן־ארץ ורעה אמונה׃
- והתענג על־יהוה ויתן־לך משאלת לבך׃
- גול על־יהוה דרךך ובטח עליו והוא יעשה׃
- והוציא כאור צדקך ומשפטך כצהרים׃
- דום ליהוה והתחולל לו אל־תתחר במצליח דרכו באיש עשה מזמות׃
- הרף מאף ועזב חמה אל־תתחר אך־להרע׃
- כי־מרעים יכרתון וקוי יהוה המה יירשו־ארץ׃
- ועוד מעט ואין רשע והתבוננת על־מקומו ואיננו׃
- וענוים יירשו־ארץ והתענגו על־רב שלום׃
- זםם רשע לצדיק וחרק עליו שניו׃
- אדני ישחק־לו כי־ראה כי־יבא יומו׃
- חרב פתחו רשעים ודרכו קשתם להפיל עני ואביון לטבוח ישרי־דרך׃
- חרבם תבוא בלבם וקשתותם תשברנה׃
- טוב־מעט לצדיק מהמון רשעים רבים׃
- כי זרועות רשעים תשברנה וסומך צדיקים יהוה׃
- יודע יהוה ימי תמיםם ונחלתם לעולם תהיה׃
- לא־יבשו בעת רעה ובימי רעבון ישבעו׃
- כי רשעים יאבדו ואיבי יהוה כיקר כרים כלו בעשן כלו׃
- לוה רשע ולא ישלם וצדיק חוןן ונותן׃
- כי מברכיו יירשו ארץ ומקלליו יכרתו׃
- מיהוה מצעדי־גבר כוננו ודרכו יחפץ׃
- כי־יפל לא־יוטל כי־יהוה סומך ידו׃
- נער הייתי גם־זקנתי ולא־ראיתי צדיק נעזב וזרעו מבקש־לחם׃
- כל־היום חוןן ומלוה וזרעו לברכה׃
- סור מרע ועשה־טוב ושכן לעולם׃
- כי יהוה אהב משפט ולא־יעזב את־חסידיו לעולם נשמרו וזרע רשעים נכרת׃
- צדיקים יירשו־ארץ וישכנו לעד עליה׃
- פי־צדיק יהגה חכמה ולשונו תדבר משפט׃
- תורת אלהיו בלבו לא תמעד אשריו׃
- צופה רשע לצדיק ומבקש להמיתו׃
- יהוה לא־יעזבנו בידו ולא ירשיענו בהשפטו׃
- קוה אל־יהוה ושמר דרכו וירוממך לרשת ארץ בהכרת רשעים תראה׃
- ראיתי רשע עריץ ומתערה כאזרח רעןן׃
- ויעבר והנה איננו ואבקשהו ולא נמצא׃
- שמר־תם וראה ישר כי־אחרית לאיש שלום׃
- ופשעים נשמדו יחדו אחרית רשעים נכרתה׃
- ותשועת צדיקים מיהוה מעוזם בעת צרה׃
- ויעזרם יהוה ויפלטם יפלטם מרשעים ויושיעם כי־חסו בו׃
| Psalm 37 Text (Latin)
- Psalmus ipsi David. Noli æmulari in malignantibus, neque zelaveris facientes iniquitatem ;
- quoniam tamquam fœnum velociter arescent, et quemadmodum olera herbarum cito decident.
- Spera in Domino, et fac bonitatem ; et inhabita terram, et pasceris in divitiis ejus.
- Delectare in Domino, et dabit tibi petitiones cordis tui.
- Revela Domino viam tuam, et spera in eo, et ipse faciet.
- Et educet quasi lumen justitiam tuam, et judicium tuum tamquam meridiem.
- Subditus esto Domino, et ora eum. Noli æmulari in eo qui prosperatur in via sua, in homine faciente injustitias.
- Desine ab ira, et derelinque furorem ; noli æmulari ut maligneris.
- Quoniam qui malignantur exterminabuntur ; sustinentes autem Dominum, ipsi hæreditabunt terram.
- Et adhuc pusillum, et non erit peccator ; et quæres locum ejus, et non invenies.
- Mansueti autem hæreditabunt terram, et delectabuntur in multitudine pacis.
- Observabit peccator justum, et stridebit super eum dentibus suis.
- Dominus autem irridebit eum, quoniam prospicit quod veniet dies ejus.
- Gladium evaginaverunt peccatores, intenderunt arcum suum, ut dejiciant pauperem et inopem, ut trucident rectos corde.
- Gladius eorum intret in corda ipsorum, et arcus eorum confringatur.
- Melius est modicum justo, super divitias peccatorum multas ;
- quoniam brachia peccatorum conterentur, confirmat autem justos Dominus.
- Novit Dominus dies immaculatorum, et hæreditas eorum in æternum erit.
- Non confundentur in tempore malo, et in diebus famis saturabuntur,
- quia peccatores peribunt. Inimici vero Domini mox ut honorificati fuerint et exaltati, deficientes quemadmodum fumus deficient.
- Mutuabitur peccator, et non solvet, justus autem miseretur et tribuet ;
- quia benedicentes ei hæreditabunt terram : maledicentes autem ei disperibunt.
- Apud Dominum gressus hominis dirigentur ; et viam ejus volet.
- Cum ceciderit, non collidetur, quia Dominus supponit manum suam.
- Junior fui, etenim senui ; et non vidi justum derelictum, nec semen ejus quærens panem.
- Tota die miseretur et commodat ; et semen illius in benedictione erit.
- Declina a malo, et fac bonum, et inhabita in sæculum sæculi ;
- quia Dominus amat judicium, et non derelinquet sanctos suos ; in æternum conservabuntur. Injusti punientur, et semen impiorum peribit.
- Justi autem hæreditabunt terram, et inhabitabunt in sæculum sæculi super eam.
- Os justi meditabitur sapientiam, et lingua ejus loquetur judicium.
- Lex Dei ejus in corde ipsius, et non supplantabuntur gressus ejus.
- Considerat peccator justum, et quærit mortificare eum.
- Dominus autem non derelinquet eum in manibus ejus, nec damnabit eum cum judicabitur illi.
- Exspecta Dominum, et custodi viam ejus ; et exaltabit te ut hæreditate capias terram ; cum perierint peccatores, videbis.
- Vidi impium superexaltatum, et elevatum sicut cedros Libani ;
- et transivi, et ecce non erat ; et quæsivi eum, et non est inventus locus ejus.
- Custodi innocentiam, et vide æquitatem, quoniam sunt reliquiæ homini pacifico.
- Injusti autem disperibunt simul ; reliquiæ impiorum interibunt.
- Salus autem justorum a Domino ; et protector eorum in tempore tribulationis.
- Et adjuvabit eos Dominus, et liberabit eos ; et eruet eos a peccatoribus, et salvabit eos, quia speraverunt in eo.
| Psalm 37 Text (KJV)
- Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
- For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
- Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
- Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
- Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
- And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
- Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
- For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
- For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
- But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
- The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
- The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
- Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
- A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
- For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
- The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
- They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
- But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
- The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.
- For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
- The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
- Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
- I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
- He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
- Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
- For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
- The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
- The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
- The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
- The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
- The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
- Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
- I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
- Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
- Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
- But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.
- But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
- And the LORD shall help them and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.