The King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take- your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we do these things?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me...' From Matthew 25
|SERMONS, ESSAYS AND OPINIONS|
Despite all our scientific advances in agriculture, engineering and medicine, millions of people in the world live in poverty without basic necessities. Poverty isn't confined to the third world, although that is certainly where there is most need. Everyday people die of preventable illness and starvation. As Christians, we are called not only to spread the message of salvation through Christ, but also to love like Christ did and to serve our neighbours in need.
- Make Poverty History — Campaign dealing with fighting poverty.
- Eldis Poverty Resource Guide Free online research and other resources on poverty in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Poverty — The Development Gateway community portal on Poverty is a comprehensive collection of articles, reports, data, statistics, projects and other resources.
- PovertyNet — PovertyNet from The World Bank Group provides an introduction to key issues as well as in-depth information on poverty measurement, monitoring, analysis, and on poverty reduction strategies for researchers and practitioners.
- Center for Global Development — The Center for Global Development is a Washington, D.C. policy center pursuing research-based, actionable ideas for the fight against global poverty.
- LookSmart — Poverty Issues directory category
- Open Directory Project — Poverty Issues directory category
- Yahoo! — Poverty Issues and Causes directory category
- The Anti-Poverty Campaign
- 2010: Poverty Elimination proposes a nine-step poverty elimination plan. The first global campaign for poverty elimination which changed the common goal of "poverty reduction" to "poverty elimination". A work published for free in internet with a similar Wikipedia method with the contibution and the approval of more of 200.000 people, translated in several languages and that more than 25 milion people read.
- International Disability and Development Consortium Network of NGOs and disability organisations
- Graph of US Poverty US Census
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty commemorated annually, throughout the world on 17 October
- UNESCO Anti-Poverty Programme
- STIR! Young people in the war on poverty Community Education Initiative of World Vision Australia
Return to Mission