|Zechariah 7 - Versions
|Zechariah 7 Text (WEB)
- It happened in the fourth year of king Darius that the word of Yahweh came to Zechariah in the fourth day of the ninth month, the month of Chislev.
- The people of Bethel sent Sharezer and Regem Melech, and their men, to entreat Yahweh's favor,
- and to speak to the priests of the house of Yahweh of Armies, and to the prophets, saying, "Should I weep in the fifth month, separating myself, as I have done these so many years?"
- Then the word of Yahweh of Armies came to me, saying,
- "Speak to all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and in the seventh month for these seventy years, did you at all fast to me, really to me?
- When you eat, and when you drink, don't you eat for yourselves, and drink for yourselves?
- Aren't these the words which Yahweh proclaimed by the former prophets, when Jerusalem was inhabited and in prosperity, and its cities around her, and the South and the lowland were inhabited?'"
- The word of Yahweh came to Zechariah, saying,
- "Thus has Yahweh of Armies spoken, saying, 'Execute true judgment, and show kindness and compassion every man to his brother.
- Don't oppress the widow, nor the fatherless, the foreigner, nor the poor; and let none of you devise evil against his brother in your heart.'
- But they refused to listen, and turned their backs, and stopped their ears, that they might not hear.
- Yes, they made their hearts as hard as flint, lest they might hear the law, and the words which Yahweh of Armies had sent by his Spirit by the former prophets. Therefore great wrath came from Yahweh of Armies.
- It has come to pass that, as he called, and they refused to listen, so they will call, and I will not listen," said Yahweh of Armies;
- "but I will scatter them with a whirlwind among all the nations which they have not known. Thus the land was desolate after them, so that no man passed through nor returned: for they made the pleasant land desolate."
|Zechariah 7 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי בשנת ארבע לדריוש המלך היה דבר־יהוה אל־זכריה בארבעה לחדש התשעי בכסלו׃
- וישלח בית־אל שר־אצר ורגם מלך ואנשיו לחלות את־פני יהוה׃
- לאמר אל־הכהנים אשר לבית־יהוה צבאות ואל־הנביאים לאמר האבכה בחדש החמשי הנזר כאשר עשיתי זה כמה שנים׃ ף
- ויהי דבר־יהוה צבאות אלי לאמר׃
- אמר אל־כל־עם הארץ ואל־הכהנים לאמר כי־צמתם וספוד בחמישי ובשביעי וזה שבעים שנה הצום צמתני אני׃
- וכי תאכלו וכי תשתו הלוא אתם האכלים ואתם השתים׃
- הלוא את־הדברים אשר קרא יהוה ביד הנביאים הראשנים בהיות ירושלם ישבת ושלוה ועריה סביבתיה והנגב והשפלה ישב׃ ף
- ויהי דבר־יהוה אל־זכריה לאמר׃
- כה אמר יהוה צבאות לאמר משפט אמת שפטו וחסד ורחמים עשו איש את־אחיו׃
- ואלמנה ויתום גר ועני אל־תעשקו ורעת איש אחיו אל־תחשבו בלבבכם׃
- וימאנו להקשיב ויתנו כתף סררת ואזניהם הכבידו משמוע׃
- ולבם שמו שמיר משמוע את־התורה ואת־הדברים אשר שלח יהוה צבאות ברוחו ביד הנביאים הראשנים ויהי קצף גדול מאת יהוה צבאות׃
- ויהי כאשר־קרא ולא שמעו כן יקראו ולא אשמע אמר יהוה צבאות׃
- ואסערם על כל־הגוים אשר לא־ידעום והארץ נשמה אחריהם מעבר ומשב וישימו ארץ־חמדה לשמה׃ ף
|Zechariah 7 Text (Latin)
- Et factum est in anno quarto Darii regis, factum est verbum Domini ad Zachariam, in quarta mensis noni, qui est Casleu.
- Et miserunt ad domum Dei Sarasar et Rogommelech, et viri qui erant cum eo, ad deprecandam faciem Domini :
- ut dicerent sacerdotibus domus Domini exercituum, et prophetis, loquentes : Numquid flendum est mihi in quinto mense, vel sanctificare me debeo, sicut jam feci multis annis ?
- Et factum est verbum Domini exercituum ad me, dicens :
- Loquere ad omnem populum terræ, et ad sacerdotes, dicens : Cum jejunaretis, et plangeretis in quinto et septimo per hos septuaginta annos, numquid jejunium jejunastis mihi ?
- et cum comedistis et bibistis, numquid non vobis comedistis et vobismetipsis bibistis ?
- numquid non sunt verba quæ locutus est Dominus in manu prophetarum priorum, cum adhuc Jerusalem habitaretur ut esset opulenta, ipsa et urbes in circuitu ejus, et ad austrum, et in campestribus habitaretur ?
- Et factum est verbum Domini ad Zachariam, dicens :
- Hæc ait Dominus exercituum, dicens : Judicium verum judicate, et misericordiam et miserationes facite, unusquisque cum fratre suo.
- Et viduam, et pupillum, et advenam, et pauperem nolite calumniari : et malum vir fratri suo non cogitet in corde suo.
- Et noluerunt attendere, et averterunt scapulam recedentem, et aures suas aggravaverunt ne audirent.
- Et cor suum posuerunt ut adamantem, ne audirent legem, et verba quæ misit Dominus exercituum in spiritu suo per manum prophetarum priorum : et facta est indignatio magna a Domino exercituum.
- Et factum est sicut locutus est, et non audierunt : sic clamabunt et non exaudiam, dicit Dominus exercituum.
- Et dispersi eos per omnia regna quæ nesciunt : et terra desolata est ab eis, eo quod non esset transiens et revertens : et posuerunt terram desiderabilem in desertum.
|Zechariah 7 Text (KJV)
- And it came to pass in the fourth year of king Darius, that the word of the LORD came unto Zechariah in the fourth day of the ninth month, even in Chisleu;
- When they had sent unto the house of God Sherezer and Regem-melech, and their men, to pray before the LORD,
- And to speak unto the priests which were in the house of the LORD of hosts, and to the prophets, saying, Should I weep in the fifth month, separating myself, as I have done these so many years?
- Then came the word of the LORD of hosts unto me, saying,
- Speak unto all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, When ye fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh month, even those seventy years, did ye at all fast unto me, even to me?
- And when ye did eat, and when ye did drink, did not ye eat for yourselves, and drink for yourselves?
- Should ye not hear the words which the LORD hath cried by the former prophets, when Jerusalem was inhabited and in prosperity, and the cities thereof round about her, when men inhabited the south and the plain?
- And the word of the LORD came unto Zechariah, saying,
- Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother:
- And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.
- But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.
- Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts.
- Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the LORD of hosts:
- But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.