|Song of Songs 3 - Versions
|Song of Songs 3 Text (WEB)
- By night on my bed, I sought him whom my soul loves. I sought him, but I didn't find him.
- I will get up now, and go about the city; in the streets and in the squares I will seek him whom my soul loves. I sought him, but I didn't find him.
- The watchmen who go about the city found me; "Have you seen him whom my soul loves?"
- I had scarcely passed from them, when I found him whom my soul loves. I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, into the room of her who conceived me.
- I adjure you, daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, or by the hinds of the field, that you not stir up, nor awaken love, until it so desires.
- Who is this who comes up from the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all spices of the merchant?
- Behold, it is Solomon's carriage! Sixty mighty men are around it, of the mighty men of Israel.
- They all handle the sword, and are expert in war. Every man has his sword on his thigh, because of fear in the night.
- King Solomon made himself a carriage of the wood of Lebanon.
- He made its pillars of silver, its bottom of gold, its seat of purple, its midst being paved with love, from the daughters of Jerusalem.
- Go forth, you daughters of Zion, and see king Solomon, with the crown with which his mother has crowned him, in the day of his weddings, in the day of the gladness of his heart. Lover
|Song of Songs 3 Text (Hebrew)
- על־משכבי בלילות בקשתי את שאהבה נפשי בקשתיו ולא מצאתיו׃
- אקומה נא ואסובבה בעיר בשוקים וברחבות אבקשה את שאהבה נפשי בקשתיו ולא מצאתיו׃
- מצאוני השמרים הסבבים בעיר את שאהבה נפשי ראיתם׃
- כמעט שעברתי מהם עד שמצאתי את שאהבה נפשי אחזתיו ולא ארפנו עד־שהביאתיו אל־בית אמי ואל־חדר הורתי׃
- השבעתי אתכם בנות ירושלם בצבאות או באילות השדה אם־תעירו ואם־תעוררו את־האהבה עד שתחפץ׃ ס
- מי זאת עלה מן־המדבר כתימרות עשן מקטרת מור ולבונה מכל אבקת רוכל׃
- הנה מטתו שלשלמה ששים גברים סביב לה מגברי ישראל׃
- כלמ אחזי חרב מלמדי מלחמה איש חרבו על־ירכו מפחד בלילות׃ ס
- אפריון עשה לו המלך שלמה מעצי הלבנון׃
- עמודיו עשה כסף רפידתו זהב מרכבו ארגמן תוכו רצוף אהבה מבנות ירושלם׃
- צאינה וראינה בנות ציון במלך שלמה בעטרה שעטרה־לו אמו ביום חתנתו וביום שמחת לבו׃ ס
|Song of Songs 3 Text (Latin)
- In lectulo meo, per noctes, quæsivi quem diligit anima mea : quæsivi illum, et non inveni.
- Surgam, et circuibo civitatem : per vicos et plateas quæram quem diligit anima mea : quæsivi illum, et non inveni.
- Invenerunt me vigiles qui custodiunt civitatem : Num quem diligit anima mea vidistis ?
- Paululum cum pertransissem eos, inveni quem diligit anima mea : tenui eum, nec dimittam, donec introducam illum in domum matris meæ, et in cubiculum genetricis meæ.
- SPONSUS. Adjuro vos, filiæ Jerusalem, per capreas cervosque camporum, ne suscitetis, neque evigilare faciatis dilectam, donec ipsa velit.
- CHORUS. Quæ est ista quæ ascendit per desertum sicut virgula fumi ex aromatibus myrrhæ, et thuris, et universi pulveris pigmentarii ?
- En lectulum Salomonis sexaginta fortes ambiunt ex fortissimis Israël,
- omnes tenentes gladios, et ad bella doctissimi : uniuscujusque ensis super femur suum propter timores nocturnos.
- Ferculum fecit sibi rex Salomon de lignis Libani ;
- columnas ejus fecit argenteas, reclinatorium aureum, ascensum purpureum ; media caritate constravit, propter filias Jerusalem.
- Egredimini et videte, filiæ Sion, regem Salomonem in diademate quo coronavit illum mater sua in die desponsationis illius, et in die lætitiæ cordis ejus.
|Song of Songs 3 Text (KJV)
- By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
- I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
- The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?
- It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.
- I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.
- Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?
- Behold his bed, which is Solomon's; threescore valiant men are about it, of the valiant of Israel.
- They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night.
- King Solomon made himself a chariot of the wood of Lebanon.
- He made the pillars thereof of silver, the bottom thereof of gold, the covering of it of purple, the midst thereof being paved with love, for the daughters of Jerusalem.
- Go forth, O ye daughters of Zion, and behold king Solomon with the crown wherewith his mother crowned him in the day of his espousals, and in the day of the gladness of his heart.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Song of Songs