|Psalm 83 - Versions
|Psalm 83 Text (WEB)
- God, don't keep silent. Don't keep silent, and don't be still, God.
- For, behold, your enemies are stirred up. Those who hate you have lifted up their heads.
- They conspire with cunning against your people. They plot against your cherished ones.
- "Come," they say, "and let's destroy them as a nation, that the name of Israel may be remembered no more."
- For they have conspired together with one mind. They form an alliance against you.
- The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab, and the Hagrites;
- Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek; Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
- Assyria also is joined with them. They have helped the children of Lot. Selah.
- Do to them as you did to Midian, as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the river Kishon;
- who perished at Endor, who became as dung for the earth.
- Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb; yes, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna;
- who said, "Let us take possession of God's pasturelands."
- My God, make them like tumbleweed; like chaff before the wind.
- As the fire that burns the forest, as the flame that sets the mountains on fire,
- so pursue them with your tempest, and terrify them with your storm.
- Fill their faces with confusion, that they may seek your name, Yahweh.
- Let them be disappointed and dismayed forever. Yes, let them be confounded and perish;
- that they may know that you alone, whose name is Yahweh, are the Most High over all the earth. For the Chief Musician. On an instrument of Gath. A Psalm by the sons of Korah.
|Psalm 83 Text (Hebrew)
- אלהים אל־דמי־לך אל־תחרש ואל־תשקט אל׃
- כי־הנה אויביך יהמיון ומשנאיך נשאו ראש׃
- על־עמך יערימו סוד ויתיעצו על־צפוניך׃
- אמרו לכו ונכחידם מגוי ולא־יזכר שם־ישראל עוד׃
- כי נועצו לב יחדו עליך ברית יכרתו׃
- אהלי אדום וישמעאלים מואב והגרים׃
- גבל ועמון ועמלק פלשת עם־ישבי צור׃
- גם־אשור נלוה עםם היו זרוע לבני־לוט סלה׃
- עשה־להם כמדין כסיסרא כיבין בנחל קישון׃
- נשמדו בעין־דאר היו דמן לאדמה׃
- שיתמו נדיבמו כערב וכזאב וכזבח וכצלמנע כל־נסיכמו׃
- אשר אמרו נירשה לנו את נאות אלהים׃
- אלהי שיתמו כגלגל כקש לפני־רוח׃
- כאש תבער־יער וכלהבה תלהט הרים׃
- כן תרדפם בסערך ובסופתך תבהלם׃
- מלא פניהם קלון ויבקשו שמך יהוה׃
- יבשו ויבהלו עדי־עד ויחפרו ויאבדו׃
- וידעו כי־אתה שמך יהוה לבדך עליון על־כל־הארץ׃
|Psalm 83 Text (Latin)
- Canticum Psalmi Asaph.
- quoniam ecce inimici tui sonuerunt, et qui oderunt te extulerunt caput.
- Super populum tuum malignaverunt consilium, et cogitaverunt adversus sanctos tuos.
- Dixerunt : Venite, et disperdamus eos de gente, et non memoretur nomen Israël ultra.
- Quoniam cogitaverunt unanimiter, simul adversum te testamentum disposuerunt :
- tabernacula Idumæorum et Ismahelitæ, Moab et Agareni,
- Gebal et Ammon, et Amalec ; alienigenæ cum habitantibus Tyrum.
- Etenim Assur venit cum illis, facti sunt in adjutorium filiis Lot.
- Fac illis sicut Madian et Sisaræ, sicut Jabin in torrente Cisson.
- Disperierunt in Endor, facti sunt ut stercus terræ.
- Pone principes eorum sicut Oreb, et Zeb, et Zebee, et Salmana ; omnes principes eorum
- qui dixerunt : Hæreditate possideamus sanctuarium Dei.
- Deus meus, pone illos ut rotam, et sicut stipulam ante faciem venti.
- Sicut ignis qui comburit silvam, et sicut flamma comburens montes ;
- ita persequeris illos in tempestate tua, et in ira tua turbabis eos.
- Imple facies eorum ignominia, et quærent nomen tuum, Domine.
- Erubescant, et conturbentur in sæculum sæculi, et confundantur, et pereant.
- Et cognoscant quia nomen tibi Dominus ; tu solus Altissimus in omni terra.
|Psalm 83 Text (KJV)
- Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
- For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
- They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
- They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
- The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;
- Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;
- Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.
- Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
- Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth.
- Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
- Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.
- O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.
- As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;
- So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.
- Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
- Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
- That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm