|Psalm 81 - Versions
|Psalm 81 Text (WEB)
- Sing aloud to God, our strength! Make a joyful shout to the God of Jacob!
- Raise a song, and bring here the tambourine, the pleasant lyre with the harp.
- Blow the trumpet at the New Moon, at the full moon, on our feast day.
- For it is a statute for Israel, an ordinance of the God of Jacob.
- He appointed it in Joseph for a testimony, when he went out over the land of Egypt, I heard a language that I didn't know.
- "I removed his shoulder from the burden. His hands were freed from the basket.
- You called in trouble, and I delivered you. I answered you in the secret place of thunder. I tested you at the waters of Meribah." Selah.
- "Hear, my people, and I will testify to you, Israel, if you would listen to me!
- There shall be no strange god in you, neither shall you worship any foreign god.
- I am Yahweh, your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
- But my people didn't listen to my voice. Israel desired none of me.
- So I let them go after the stubbornness of their hearts, that they might walk in their own counsels.
- Oh that my people would listen to me, that Israel would walk in my ways!
- I would soon subdue their enemies, and turn my hand against their adversaries.
- The haters of Yahweh would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever.
- But he would have also fed them with the finest of the wheat. I will satisfy you with honey out of the rock." A Psalm by Asaph.
|Psalm 81 Text (Hebrew)
- הרנינו לאלהים עוזנו הריעו לאלהי יעקב׃
- שאו־זמרה ותנו־תף כנור נעים עם־נבל׃
- תקעו בחדש שופר בכסה ליום חגנו׃
- כי חק לישראל הוא משפט לאלהי יעקב׃
- עדות ביהוסף שמו בצאתו על־ארץ מצרים שפת לא־ידעתי אשמע׃
- הסירותי מסבל שכמו כפיו מדוד תעברנה׃
- בצרה קראת ואחלצך אענך בסתר רעם אבחנך על־מי מריבה סלה׃
- שמע עמי ואעידה בך ישראל אם־תשמע־לי׃
- לא־יהיה בך אל זר ולא תשתחוה לאל נכר׃
- אנכי יהוה אלהיך המעלך מארץ מצרים הרחב־פיך ואמלאהו׃
- ולא־שמע עמי לקולי וישראל לא־אבה לי׃
- ואשלחהו בשרירות לבם ילכו במועצותיהם׃
- לו עמי שמע לי ישראל בדרכי יהלכו׃
- כמעט אויביהם אכניע ועל צריהם אשיב ידי׃
- משנאי יהוה יכחשו־לו ויהי עתם לעולם׃
- ויאכילהו מחלב חטה ומצור דבש אשביעך׃
|Psalm 81 Text (Latin)
- In finem. Pro torcularibus. Psalmus ipsi Asaph.
- Sumite psalmum, et date tympanum ; psalterium jucundum, cum cithara.
- Buccinate in neomenia tuba, in insigni die solemnitatis vestræ ;
- quia præceptum in Israël est, et judicium Deo Jacob.
- Testimonium in Joseph posuit illud, cum exiret de terra Ægypti ; linguam quam non noverat audivit.
- Divertit ab oneribus dorsum ejus ; manus ejus in cophino servierunt.
- In tribulatione invocasti me, et liberavi te. Exaudivi te in abscondito tempestatis ; probavi te apud aquam contradictionis.
- Audi, populus meus, et contestabor te. Israël, si audieris me,
- non erit in te deus recens, neque adorabis deum alienum.
- Ego enim sum Dominus Deus tuus, qui eduxi te de terra Ægypti. Dilata os tuum, et implebo illud.
- Et non audivit populus meus vocem meam, et Israël non intendit mihi.
- Et dimisi eos secundum desideria cordis eorum ; ibunt in adinventionibus suis.
- Si populus meus audisset me, Israël si in viis meis ambulasset,
- pro nihilo forsitan inimicos eorum humiliassem, et super tribulantes eos misissem manum meam.
- Inimici Domini mentiti sunt ei, et erit tempus eorum in sæcula.
- Et cibavit eos ex adipe frumenti, et de petra melle saturavit eos.
|Psalm 81 Text (KJV)
- Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
- Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery.
- Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.
- For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob.
- This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony, when he went out through the land of Egypt: where I heard a language that I understood not.
- I removed his shoulder from the burden: his hands were delivered from the pots.
- Thou calledst in trouble, and I delivered thee; I answered thee in the secret place of thunder: I proved thee at the waters of Meribah. Selah.
- Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me;
- There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god.
- I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
- But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.
- So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels.
- Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!
- I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries.
- The haters of the LORD should have submitted themselves unto him: but their time should have endured for ever.
- He should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm