|Psalm 58 - Versions
|Psalm 58 Text (WEB)
- Do you indeed speak righteousness, silent ones? Do you judge blamelessly, you sons of men?
- No, in your heart you plot injustice. You measure out the violence of your hands in the earth.
- The wicked go astray from the womb. They are wayward as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
- Their poison is like the poison of a snake; like a deaf cobra that stops its ear,
- which doesn't listen to the voice of charmers, no matter how skillful the charmer may be.
- Break their teeth, God, in their mouth. Break out the great teeth of the young lions, Yahweh.
- Let them vanish as water that flows away. When they draw the bow, let their arrows be made blunt.
- Let them be like a snail which melts and passes away, like the stillborn child, who has not seen the sun.
- Before your pots can feel the heat of the thorns, he will sweep away the green and the burning alike.
- The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance. He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked;
- so that men shall say, "Most certainly there is a reward for the righteous. Most certainly there is a God who judges the earth." For the Chief Musician. To the tune of "Do Not Destroy." A poem by David, when Saul sent, and they watched the house to kill him.
|Psalm 58 Text (Hebrew)
- האמנם אלם צדק תדברון מישרים תשפטו בני אדם׃
- אף־בלב עולת תפעלון בארץ חמס ידיכם תפלסון׃
- זרו רשעים מרחם תעו מבטן דברי כזב׃
- חמת־למו כדמות חמת־נחש כמו־פתן חרש יאטם אזנו׃
- אשר לא־ישמע לקול מלחשים חובר חברים מחכם׃
- אלהים הרס־שנימו בפימו מלתעות כפירים נתץ יהוה׃
- ימאסו כמו־מים יתהלכו־למו ידרך כמו יתמללו׃
- כמו שבלול תמס יהלך נפל אשת בל־חזו שמש׃
- בטרם יבינו סירתיכם אטד כמו־חי כמו־חרון ישערנו׃
- ישמח צדיק כי־חזה נקם פעמיו ירחץ בדם הרשע׃
- ויאמר אדם אך־פרי לצדיק אך יש־אלהים שפטים בארץ׃
|Psalm 58 Text (Latin)
- In finem, ne disperdas. David in tituli inscriptionem.
- Etenim in corde iniquitates operamini ; in terra injustitias manus vestræ concinnant.
- Alienati sunt peccatores a vulva ; erraverunt ab utero, locuti sunt falsa.
- Furor illis secundum similitudinem serpentis, sicut aspidis surdæ et obturantis aures suas,
- quæ non exaudiet vocem incantantium, et venefici incantantis sapienter.
- Deus conteret dentes eorum in ore ipsorum ; molas leonum confringet Dominus.
- Ad nihilum devenient tamquam aqua decurrens ; intendit arcum suum donec infirmentur.
- Sicut cera quæ fluit auferentur ; supercecidit ignis, et non viderunt solem.
- Priusquam intelligerent spinæ vestræ rhamnum, sicut viventes sic in ira absorbet eos.
- Lætabitur justus cum viderit vindictam ; manus suas lavabit in sanguine peccatoris.
- Et dicet homo : Si utique est fructus justo, utique est Deus judicans eos in terra.
|Psalm 58 Text (KJV)
- Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?
- Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.
- The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
- Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
- Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
- Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
- Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.
- As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
- Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.
- The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
- So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm