|Psalm 39 - Versions
|Psalm 39 Text (WEB)
- I said, "I will watch my ways, so that I don't sin with my tongue. I will keep my mouth with a bridle while the wicked is before me."
- I was mute with silence. I held my peace, even from good. My sorrow was stirred.
- My heart was hot within me. While I meditated, the fire burned: I spoke with my tongue:
- "Yahweh, show me my end, what is the measure of my days. Let me know how frail I am.
- Behold, you have made my days handbreadths. My lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely every man stands as a breath." Selah.
- "Surely every man walks like a shadow. Surely they busy themselves in vain. He heaps up, and doesn't know who shall gather.
- Now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in you.
- Deliver me from all my transgressions. Don't make me the reproach of the foolish.
- I was mute. I didn't open my mouth, because you did it.
- Remove your scourge away from me. I am overcome by the blow of your hand.
- When you rebuke and correct man for iniquity, You consume his wealth like a moth. Surely every man is but a breath." Selah.
- "Hear my prayer, Yahweh, and give ear to my cry. Don't be silent at my tears. For I am a stranger with you, a foreigner, as all my fathers were.
- Oh spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go away, and exist no more." For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.
|Psalm 39 Text (Hebrew)
- אמרתי אשמרה דרכי מחטוא בלשוני אשמרה לפי מחסום בעד רשע לנגדי׃
- נאלמתי דומיה החשיתי מטוב וכאבי נעכר׃
- חם־לבי בקרבי בהגיגי תבער־אש דברתי בלשוני׃
- הודיעני יהוה קצי ומדת ימי מה־היא אדעה מה־חדל אני׃
- הנה טפחות נתתה ימי וחלדי כאין נגדך אך כל־הבל כל־אדם נצב סלה׃
- אך־בצלם יתהלך־איש אך־הבל יהמיון יצבר ולא־ידע מי־אספם׃
- ועתה מה־קויתי אדני תוחלתי לך היא׃
- מכל־פשעי הצילני חרפת נבל אל־תשימני׃
- נאלמתי לא אפתח־פי כי אתה עשית׃
- הסר מעלי נגעך מתגרת ידך אני כליתי׃
- בתוכחות על־עון יסרת איש ותמס כעש חמודו אך הבל כל־אדם סלה׃
- שמעה־תפלתי יהוה ושועתי האזינה אל־דמעתי אל־תחרש כי גר אנכי עמך תושב ככל־אבותי׃
- השע ממני ואבליגה בטרם אלך ואינני׃
|Psalm 39 Text (Latin)
- In finem, ipsi Idithun. Canticum David.
- Obmutui, et humiliatus sum, et silui a bonis ; et dolor meus renovatus est.
- Concaluit cor meum intra me ; et in meditatione mea exardescet ignis.
- Locutus sum in lingua mea : Notum fac mihi, Domine, finem meum, et numerum dierum meorum quis est, ut sciam quid desit mihi.
- Ecce mensurabiles posuisti dies meos, et substantia mea tamquam nihilum ante te. Verumtamen universa vanitas, omnis homo vivens.
- Verumtamen in imagine pertransit homo ; sed et frustra conturbatur : thesaurizat, et ignorat cui congregabit ea.
- Et nunc quæ est exspectatio mea : nonne Dominus ? Et substantia mea apud te est.
- Ab omnibus iniquitatibus meis erue me : opprobrium insipienti dedisti me.
- Obmutui, et non aperui os meum, quoniam tu fecisti ;
- amove a me plagas tuas.
- A fortitudine manus tuæ ego defeci in increpationibus, propter iniquitatem corripuisti hominem : et tabescere fecisti sicut araneam animam ejus : verumtamen vane conturbatur omnis homo.
- Exaudi orationem meam, Domine, et deprecationem meam ; auribus percipe lacrimas meas. Ne sileas, quoniam advena ego sum apud te, et peregrinus sicut omnes patres mei.
- Remitte mihi, ut refrigerer priusquam abeam et amplius non ero.
|Psalm 39 Text (KJV)
- I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
- I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
- My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,
- LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.
- Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
- Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
- And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
- Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish.
- I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because thou didst it.
- Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand.
- When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.
- Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
- O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm