|Psalm 33 - Versions
|Psalm 33 Text (WEB)
- Rejoice in Yahweh, you righteous! Praise is fitting for the upright.
- Give thanks to Yahweh with the lyre. Sing praises to him with the harp of ten strings.
- Sing to him a new song. Play skillfully with a shout of joy!
- For the word of Yahweh is right. All his work is done in faithfulness.
- He loves righteousness and justice. The earth is full of the loving kindness of Yahweh.
- By Yahweh's word, the heavens were made; all their army by the breath of his mouth.
- He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap. He lays up the deeps in storehouses.
- Let all the earth fear Yahweh. Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
- For he spoke, and it was done. He commanded, and it stood firm.
- Yahweh brings the counsel of the nations to nothing. He makes the thoughts of the peoples to be of no effect.
- The counsel of Yahweh stands fast forever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
- Blessed is the nation whose God is Yahweh, the people whom he has chosen for his own inheritance.
- Yahweh looks from heaven. He sees all the sons of men.
- From the place of his habitation he looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth,
- he who fashions all of their hearts; and he considers all of their works.
- There is no king saved by the multitude of an army. A mighty man is not delivered by great strength.
- A horse is a vain thing for safety, neither does he deliver any by his great power.
- Behold, Yahweh's eye is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his loving kindness;
- to deliver their soul from death, to keep them alive in famine.
- Our soul has waited for Yahweh. He is our help and our shield.
- For our heart rejoices in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.
- Let your loving kindness be on us, Yahweh, since we have hoped in you. By David; when he pretended to be insane before Abimelech, who drove him away, and he departed.
|Psalm 33 Text (Hebrew)
- רננו צדיקים ביהוה לישרים נאוה תהלה׃
- הודו ליהוה בכנור בנבל עשור זמרו־לו׃
- שירו־לו שיר חדש היטיבו נגן בתרועה׃
- כי־ישר דבר־יהוה וכל־מעשהו באמונה׃
- אהב צדקה ומשפט חסד יהוה מלאה הארץ׃
- בדבר יהוה שמים נעשו וברוח פיו כל־צבאם׃
- כנס כנד מי הים נתן באצרות תהומות׃
- ייראו מיהוה כל־הארץ ממנו יגורו כל־ישבי תבל׃
- כי הוא אמר ויהי הוא־צוה ויעמד׃
- יהוה הפיר עצת־גוים הניא מחשבות עמים׃
- עצת יהוה לעולם תעמד מחשבות לבו לדר ודר׃
- אשרי הגוי אשר־יהוה אלהיו העם בחר לנחלה לו׃
- משמים הביט יהוה ראה את־כל־בני האדם׃
- ממכון־שבתו השגיח אל כל־ישבי הארץ׃
- היצר יחד לבם המבין אל־כל־מעשיהם׃
- אין־המלך נושע ברב־חיל גבור לא־ינצל ברב־כח׃
- שקר הסוס לתשועה וברב חילו לא ימלט׃
- הנה עין יהוה אל־יראיו למיחלים לחסדו׃
- להציל ממות נפשם ולחיותם ברעב׃
- נפשנו חכתה ליהוה עזרנו ומגננו הוא׃
- כי־בו ישמח לבנו כי בשם קדשו בטחנו׃
- יהי־חסדך יהוה עלינו כאשר יחלנו לך׃
|Psalm 33 Text (Latin)
- Psalmus David. Exsultate, justi, in Domino ; rectos decet collaudatio.
- Confitemini Domino in cithara ; in psalterio decem chordarum psallite illi.
- Cantate ei canticum novum ; bene psallite ei in vociferatione.
- Quia rectum est verbum Domini, et omnia opera ejus in fide.
- Diligit misericordiam et judicium ; misericordia Domini plena est terra.
- Verbo Domini cæli firmati sunt ; et spiritu oris ejus omnis virtus eorum.
- Congregans sicut in utre aquas maris ; ponens in thesauris abyssos.
- Timeat Dominum omnis terra ; ab eo autem commoveantur omnes inhabitantes orbem.
- Quoniam ipse dixit, et facta sunt ; ipse mandavit et creata sunt.
- Dominus dissipat consilia gentium ; reprobat autem cogitationes populorum, et reprobat consilia principum.
- Consilium autem Domini in æternum manet ; cogitationes cordis ejus in generatione et generationem.
- Beata gens cujus est Dominus Deus ejus ; populus quem elegit in hæreditatem sibi.
- De cælo respexit Dominus ; vidit omnes filios hominum.
- De præparato habitaculo suo respexit super omnes qui habitant terram :
- qui finxit sigillatim corda eorum ; qui intelligit omnia opera eorum.
- Non salvatur rex per multam virtutem, et gigas non salvabitur in multitudine virtutis suæ.
- Fallax equus ad salutem ; in abundantia autem virtutis suæ non salvabitur.
- Ecce oculi Domini super metuentes eum : et in eis qui sperant super misericordia ejus.
- Ut eruat a morte animas eorum : et alat eos in fame.
- Anima nostra sustinet Dominum, quoniam adjutor et protector noster est.
- Quia in eo lætabitur cor nostrum, et in nomine sancto ejus speravimus.
- Fiat misericordia tua, Domine, super nos, quemadmodum speravimus in te.
|Psalm 33 Text (KJV)
- Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.
- Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.
- Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
- For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
- He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
- By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
- He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
- Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
- For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
- The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.
- The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
- Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD: and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
- The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.
- From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.
- He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.
- There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.
- An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
- Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
- To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
- Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
- For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.
- Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm