|Numbers 12 - Versions
|Numbers 12 Text (WEB)
- Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married; for he had married a Cushite woman.
- They said, "Has Yahweh indeed spoken only with Moses? Hasn't he spoken also with us?" And Yahweh heard it.
- Now the man Moses was very humble, above all the men who were on the surface of the earth.
- Yahweh spoke suddenly to Moses, to Aaron, and to Miriam, "You three come out to the Tent of Meeting!" The three of them came out.
- Yahweh came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the door of the Tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forward.
- He said, "Hear now my words. If there is a prophet among you, I Yahweh will make myself known to him in a vision. I will speak with him in a dream.
- My servant Moses is not so. He is faithful in all my house.
- With him I will speak mouth to mouth, even plainly, and not in riddles; and he shall see Yahweh's form. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant, against Moses?"
- The anger of Yahweh was kindled against them; and he departed.
- The cloud departed from over the Tent; and behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow. Aaron looked at Miriam, and behold, she was leprous.
- Aaron said to Moses, "Oh, my lord, please don't count this sin against us, in which we have done foolishly, and in which we have sinned.
- Let her not, I pray, be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he comes out of his mother's womb."
- Moses cried to Yahweh, saying, "Heal her, God, I beg you!"
- Yahweh said to Moses, "If her father had but spit in her face, shouldn't she be ashamed seven days? Let her be shut up outside of the camp seven days, and after that she shall be brought in again."
- Miriam was shut up outside of the camp seven days, and the people didn't travel until Miriam was brought in again.
- Afterward the people traveled from Hazeroth, and encamped in the wilderness of Paran.
|Numbers 12 Text (Hebrew)
- ותדבר מרים ואהרן במשה על־אדות האשה הכשית אשר לקח כי־אשה כשית לקח׃
- ויאמרו הרק אך־במשה דבר יהוה הלא גם־בנו דבר וישמע יהוה׃
- והאיש משה מאד מכל האדם אשר על־פני האדמה׃ ס
- ויאמר יהוה פתאם אל־משה ואל־אהרן ואל־מרים צאו שלשתכם אל־אהל מועד ויצאו שלשתם׃
- וירד יהוה בעמוד עןן ויעמד פתח האהל ויקרא אהרן ומרים ויצאו שניהם׃
- ויאמר שמעו־נא דברי אם־יהיה נביאכם יהוה במראה אליו אתודע בחלום אדבר־בו׃
- לא־כן עבדי משה בכל־ביתי נאמן הוא׃
- פה אל־פה אדבר־בו ומראה ולא בחידת ותמנת יהוה יביט ומדוע לא יראתם לדבר בעבדי במשה׃
- ויחר אף יהוה בם וילך׃
- והעןן סר מעל האהל והנה מרים מצרעת כשלג ויפן אהרן אל־מרים והנה מצרעת׃
- ויאמר אהרן אל־משה בי אדני אל־נא תשת עלינו חטאת אשר נואלנו ואשר חטאנו׃
- אל־נא תהי כמת אשר בצאתו מרחם אמו ויאכל חצי בשרו׃
- ויצעק משה אל־יהוה לאמר אל נא רפא נא לה׃ ף
- ויאמר יהוה אל־משה ואביה ירק ירק בפניה הלא תכלם שבעת ימים תסגר שבעת ימים מחוץ למחנה ואחר תאסף׃
- ותסגר מרים מחוץ למחנה שבעת ימים והעם לא נסע עד־האסף מרים׃
- ואחר נסעו העם מחצרות ויחנו במדבר פארן׃ ף
|Numbers 12 Text (Latin)
- Locutaque est Maria et Aaron contra Moysen propter uxorem ejus Æthiopissam,
- et dixerunt : Num per solum Moysen locutus est Dominus ? nonne et nobis similiter est locutus ? Quod cum audisset Dominus
- (erat enim Moyses vir mitissimus super omnes homines qui morabantur in terra),
- statim locutus est ad eum, et ad Aaron et Mariam : Egredimini vos tantum tres ad tabernaculum fœderis. Cumque fuissent egressi,
- descendit Dominus in columna nubis, et stetit in introitu tabernaculi, vocans Aaron et Mariam. Qui cum issent,
- dixit ad eos : Audite sermones meos : si quis fuerit inter vos propheta Domini, in visione apparebo ei, vel per somnium loquar ad illum.
- At non talis servus meus Moyses, qui in omni domo mea fidelissimus est :
- ore enim ad os loquor ei : et palam, et non per ænigmata et figuras Dominum videt. Quare ergo non timuistis detrahere servo meo Mosyi ?
- Iratusque contra eos, abiit :
- nubes quoque recessit quæ erat super tabernaculum : et ecce Maria apparuit candens lepra quasi nix. Cumque respexisset eam Aaron, et vidisset perfusam lepra,
- ait ad Moysen : Obsecro, domine mi, ne imponas nobis hoc peccatum quod stulte commisimus,
- ne fiat hæc quasi mortua, et ut abortivum quod projicitur de vulva matris suæ : ecce jam medium carnis ejus devoratum est a lepra.
- Clamavitque Moyses ad Dominum, dicens : Deus, obsecro, sana eam.
- Cui respondit Dominus : Si pater ejus spuisset in faciem illius, nonne debuerat saltem septem diebus rubore suffundi ? separetur septem diebus extra castra, et postea revocabitur.
- Exclusa est itaque Maria extra castra septem diebus : et populus non est motus de loco illo, donec revocata est Maria.
- Profectusque est populus de Haseroth, fixis tentoriis in deserto Pharan.
|Numbers 12 Text (KJV)
- And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
- And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.
- (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
- And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
- And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
- And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
- My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
- With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
- And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.
- And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.
- And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned.
- Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb.
- And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee.
- And the LORD said unto Moses, If her father had but spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seven days? let her be shut out from the camp seven days, and after that let her be received in again.
- And Miriam was shut out from the camp seven days: and the people journeyed not till Miriam was brought in again.
- And afterward the people removed from Hazeroth, and pitched in the wilderness of Paran.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Numbers