|Micah 7 - Versions
|Micah 7 Text (WEB)
- Misery is mine! Indeed, I am like one who gathers the summer fruits, as gleanings of the vineyard: There is no cluster of grapes to eat. My soul desires to eat the early fig.
- The godly man has perished out of the earth, and there is no one upright among men. They all lie in wait for blood; every man hunts his brother with a net.
- Their hands are on that which is evil to do it diligently. The ruler and judge ask for a bribe; and the powerful man dictates the evil desire of his soul. Thus they conspire together.
- The best of them is like a brier. The most upright is worse than a thorn hedge. The day of your watchmen, even your visitation, has come; now is the time of their confusion.
- Don't trust in a neighbor. Don't put confidence in a friend. With the woman lying in your embrace, be careful of the words of your mouth!
- For the son dishonors the father, the daughter rises up against her mother, the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house.
- But as for me, I will look to Yahweh. I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.
- Don't rejoice against me, my enemy. When I fall, I will arise. When I sit in darkness, Yahweh will be a light to me.
- I will bear the indignation of Yahweh, because I have sinned against him, until he pleads my case, and executes judgment for me. He will bring me forth to the light. I will see his righteousness.
- Then my enemy will see it, and shame will cover her who said to me, where is Yahweh your God? Then my enemy will see me and will cover her shame. Now she will be trodden down like the mire of the streets.
- A day to build your walls-- In that day, he will extend your boundary.
- In that day they will come to you from Assyria and the cities of Egypt, and from Egypt even to the River, and from sea to sea, and mountain to mountain.
- Yet the land will be desolate because of those who dwell therein, for the fruit of their doings.
- Shepherd your people with your staff, the flock of your heritage, who dwell by themselves in a forest, in the midst of fertile pasture land, let them feed; in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
- "As in the days of your coming forth out of the land of Egypt, I will show them marvelous things."
- The nations will see and be ashamed of all their might. They will lay their hand on their mouth. Their ears will be deaf.
- They will lick the dust like a serpent. Like crawling things of the earth they shall come trembling out of their dens. They will come with fear to Yahweh our God, and will be afraid because of you.
- Who is a God like you, who pardons iniquity, and passes over the disobedience of the remnant of his heritage? He doesn't retain his anger forever, because he delights in loving kindness.
- He will again have compassion on us. He will tread our iniquities under foot; and you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- You will give truth to Jacob, and mercy to Abraham, as you have sworn to our fathers from the days of old.
|Micah 7 Text (Hebrew)
- אללי לי כי הייתי כאספי־קיץ כעללת בציר אין־אשכול לאכול בכורה אותה נפשי׃
- אבד חסיד מן־הארץ וישר באדם אין כלם לדמים יארבו איש את־אחיהו יצודו חרם׃
- על־הרע כפים להיטיב השר שאל והשפט בשלום והגדול דבר הות נפשו הוא ויעבתוה׃
- טובם כחדק ישר ממסוכה יום מצפיך פקדתך באה עתה תהיה מבוכתם׃
- אל־תאמינו ברע אל־תבטחו באלוף משכבת חיקך שמר פתחי־פיך׃
- כי־בן מנבל אב בת קמה באמה כלה בחמתה איבי איש אנשי ביתו׃
- ואני ביהוה אצפה אוחילה לאלהי ישעי ישמעני אלהי׃
- אל־תשמחי איבתי לי כי נפלתי קמתי כי־אשב בחשך יהוה אור לי׃ ס
- זעף יהוה אשא כי חטאתי לו עד אשר יריב ריבי ועשה משפטי יוציאני לאור אראה בצדקתו׃
- ותרא איבתי ותכסה בושה האמרה אלי איו יהוה אלהיך עיני תראינה בה עתה תהיה למרמס כטיט חוצות׃
- יום לבנות גדריך יום ההוא ירחק־חק׃
- יום הוא ועדיך יבוא למני אשור וערי מצור ולמני מצור ועד־נהר וים מים והר ההר׃
- והיתה הארץ לשממה על־ישביה מפרי מעלליהם׃ ס
- רעה עמך בשבטך צאן נחלתך שכני לבדד יער בתוך כרמל ירעו בשן וגלעד כימי עולם׃
- כימי צאתך מארץ מצרים אראנו נפלאות׃
- יראו גוים ויבשו מכל גבורתם ישימו יד על־פה אזניהם תחרשנה׃
- ילחכו עפר כנחש כזחלי ארץ ירגזו ממסגרתיהם אל־יהוה אלהינו יפחדו ויראו ממך׃
- מי־אל כמוך נשא עון ועבר על־פשע לשארית נחלתו לא־החזיק לעד אפו כי־חפץ חסד הוא׃
- ישוב ירחמנו יכבש עונתינו ותשליך במצלות ים כל־חטאותם׃
- תתן אמת ליעקב חסד לאברהם אשר־נשבעת לאבתינו מימי קדם׃
|Micah 7 Text (Latin)
- Væ mihi, quia factus sum sicut qui colligit in autumno racemos vindemia ! non est botrus ad comedendum, præcoquas ficus desideravit anima mea.
- Periit sanctus de terra, et rectus in hominibus non est : omnes in sanguine insidiantur ; vir fratrem suum ad mortem venatur.
- Malum manuum suarum dicunt bonum : princeps postulat, et judex in reddendo est ; et magnus locutus est desiderium animæ suæ, et conturbaverunt eam.
- Qui optimus in eis est, quasi paliurus, et qui rectus, quasi spina de sepe. Dies speculationis tuæ, visitatio tua venit : nunc erit vastitas eorum.
- Nolite credere amico, et nolite confidere in duce : ab ea quæ dormit in sinu tuo custodi claustra oris tui.
- Quia filius contumeliam facit patri, et filia consurgit adversus matrem suam : nurus adversus socrum suam, et inimici hominis domestici ejus.
- Ego autem ad Dominum aspiciam ; exspectabo Deum, salvatorem meum : audiet me Deus meus.
- Ne læteris, inimica mea, super me, quia cecidi : consurgam cum sedero in tenebris : Dominus lux mea est.
- Iram Domini portabo, quoniam peccavi ei, donec causam meam judicet, et faciat judicium meum. Educet me in lucem : videbo justitiam ejus.
- Et aspiciet inimica mea, et operietur confusione, quæ dicit ad me : Ubi est Dominus Deus tuus ? Oculi mei videbunt in eam : nunc erit in conculcationem ut lutum platearum.
- Dies, ut ædificentur maceriæ tuæ ; in die illa longe fiet lex.
- In die illa et usque ad te veniet de Assur, et usque ad civitates munitas, et a civitatibus munitis usque ad flumen, et ad mare de mari, et ad montem de monte.
- Et terra erit in desolationem propter habitatores suos, et propter fructum cogitationum eorum.
- Pasce populum tuum in virga tua, gregem hæreditatis tuæ, habitantes solos, in saltu, in medio Carmeli. Pascentur Basan et Galaad juxta dies antiquos.
- Secundum dies egressionis tuæ de terra Ægypti, ostendam ei mirabilia.
- Videbunt gentes, et confundentur super omni fortitudine sua. Ponent manum super os, aures eorum surdæ erunt.
- Lingent pulverem sicut serpentes ; velut reptilia terræ perturbabuntur in ædibus suis. Dominum Deum nostrum formidabunt, et timebunt te.
- Quis, Deus, similis tui, qui aufers iniquitatem, et transis peccatum reliquiarum hæreditatis tuæ ? Non immittet ultra furorem suum, quoniam volens misericordiam est.
- Revertetur, et miserebitur nostri ; deponet iniquitates nostras, et projiciet in profundum maris omnia peccata nostra.
- Dabis veritatem Jacob, misericordiam Abraham, quæ jurasti patribus nostris a diebus antiquis.
|Micah 7 Text (KJV)
- Woe is me! for I am as when they have gathered the summer fruits, as the grapegleanings of the vintage: there is no cluster to eat: my soul desired the firstripe fruit.
- The good man is perished out of the earth: and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net.
- That they may do evil with both hands earnestly, the prince asketh, and the judge asketh for a reward; and the great man, he uttereth his mischievous desire: so they wrap it up.
- The best of them is as a brier: the most upright is sharper than a thorn hedge: the day of thy watchmen and thy visitation cometh; now shall be their perplexity.
- Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom.
- For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house.
- Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
- Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
- I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.
- Then she that is mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her which said unto me, Where is the LORD thy God? mine eyes shall behold her: now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets.
- In the day that thy walls are to be built, in that day shall the decree be far removed.
- In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.
- Notwithstanding the land shall be desolate because of them that dwell therein, for the fruit of their doings.
- Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
- According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him marvellous things.
- The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf.
- They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the LORD our God, and shall fear because of thee.
- Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
- He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.