|Matthew 18 - Versions
|Matthew 18 Text (WEB)
- In that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?"
- Jesus called a little child to himself, and set him in the midst of them,
- and said, "Most certainly I tell you, unless you turn, and become as little children, you will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
- Whoever therefore humbles himself as this little child, the same is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
- Whoever receives one such little child in my name receives me,
- but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to stumble, it would be better for him that a huge millstone should be hung around his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depths of the sea.
- "Woe to the world because of occasions of stumbling! For it must be that the occasions come, but woe to that person through whom the occasion comes!
- If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off, and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life maimed or crippled, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into the eternal fire.
- If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out, and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into the Gehenna of fire.
- See that you don't despise one of these little ones, for I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
- For the Son of Man came to save that which was lost.
- "What do you think? If a man has one hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, doesn't he leave the ninety-nine, go to the mountains, and seek that which has gone astray?
- If he finds it, most certainly I tell you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray.
- Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
- "If your brother sins against you, go, show him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained back your brother.
- But if he doesn't listen, take one or two more with you, that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
- If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the assembly. If he refuses to hear the assembly also, let him be to you as a Gentile or a tax collector.
- Most certainly I tell you, whatever things you bind on earth will have been bound in heaven, and whatever things you release on earth will have been released in heaven.
- Again, assuredly I tell you, that if two of you will agree on earth concerning anything that they will ask, it will be done for them by my Father who is in heaven.
- For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
- Then Peter came and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Until seven times?"
- Jesus said to him, "I don't tell you until seven times, but, until seventy times seven.
- Therefore the Kingdom of Heaven is like a certain king, who wanted to reconcile accounts with his servants.
- When he had begun to reconcile, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
- But because he couldn't pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, with his wife, his children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
- The servant therefore fell down and kneeled before him, saying, 'Lord, have patience with me, and I will repay you all!'
- The lord of that servant, being moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
- "But that servant went out, and found one of his fellow servants, who owed him one hundred denarii, and he grabbed him, and took him by the throat, saying, 'Pay me what you owe!'
- "So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, 'Have patience with me, and I will repay you!'
- He would not, but went and cast him into prison, until he should pay back that which was due.
- So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were exceedingly sorry, and came and told to their lord all that was done.
- Then his lord called him in, and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt, because you begged me.
- Shouldn't you also have had mercy on your fellow servant, even as I had mercy on you?'
- His lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors, until he should pay all that was due to him.
- So my heavenly Father will also do to you, if you don't each forgive your brother from your hearts for his misdeeds."
|Matthew 18 Text (Hebrew)
- בשעה ההיא נגשו התלמידים אל ישוע ויאמרו מי אפוא גדול מחבריו במלכות השמים׃
- ויקרא ישוע אליו ילד קטן ויעמידהו בתוכם׃
- ויאמר אמן אמר אני לכם אם לא תשובו להיות כילדים לא תבוא אל מלכות השמים׃
- לכן כל המשפיל את עצמו כילד הזה הוא הגדול במלכות השמים׃
- וכל אשר יקבל ילד אחד כזה בשמי אותי הוא מקבל׃
- וכל המכשיל את אחד מן הקטנים האלה המאמינים בי נוח לו שיתלה פלח רכב על צוארו וטבע במצולות ים׃
- אוי לעולם מפני המכשלים כי המכשלים צריכים לבוא אבל אוי לאיש ההוא אשר על ידו יבוא המכשול׃
- ואם תכשילך ידך או רגלך קצץ אותה והשלך ממך טוב לך לבוא לחיים פסח או קטע מהיות לך שתי ידים או שתי רגלים ותשלך אל אש עולם׃
- ואם עינך תכשליך נקר אותה והשלך ממך טוב לך לבוא לחיים בעין אחת מהיות לך שתי עינים ותשלך אל אש גיהנם׃
- ראו פן תבזו אחד wקטנים האלה כי אמר אני לכם כי מלאכיהם ראים תמיד את פני אבי שבשמים׃
- כי בא בן האדם להושיע את האבד׃
- מה דעתכם כי יהיו לאיש מאה כבשים ותעה אחד מהם הלא יעזב את התשעים ותשעה על ההרים והלך לבקש את התעה׃
- והיה כאשר ימצאהו אמן אמר אני לכם כי ישמח עליו יותר מעל התשעים ותשעה אשר לא תעו׃
- כן איננו רצון מלפני אביכם שבשמים כי יאבד אחד מן הקטנים האלה׃
- וכי יחטא לך אחיך לך והוכחת אותו בינך ובינו לבדו ואם ישמע אליך קנית לך אחיך׃
- ואם לא ישמע קח עמך עוד אחד או שנים למען על פי שנים או שלשה עדים יקום כל דבר׃
- ואם לא ישמע אליהם הגד אל הקהל ואם לא ישמע גם אל הקהל והיה לך כגוי וכמוכס׃
- אמן אמר אני לכם כל אשר תאסרו על הארץ אסור יהיה בשמים וכל אשר תתירו על הארץ מתר יהיה בשמים׃
- ועוד אמר אני לכם שנים מכם כי יועצו יחדו בארץ על כל דבר אשר ישאלו היה יהיה להם מאת אבי שבשמים׃
- כי בכל מקום אשר שנים או שלשה נאספו בשמי שם אני בתוכם׃
- ויגש אליו פטרוס ויאמר לו אדני כמה פעמים יחטא לי אחי וסלחתי לו העד שבע פעמים׃
- ויאמר אליו ישוע לא אמר לך עד שבע פעמים כי אם עד שבעים ושבע׃
- על כן דומה מלכות השמים למלך בשר ודם אשר חפץ לעשות חשבון עם עבדיו׃
- וכאשר החל לחשב הובא לפניו איש אשר חיב לו עשרת אלפים ככרי כסף׃
- ולא היה לו לשלם ויצו אדניו למכר אותו ואת אשתו ואת בניו ואת כל אשר לו וכן ישלם׃
- ויפל העבד וישתחו לו לאמר אדני הארך לי אפך ואת כל אשלמה לך׃
- ויהמו רחמי אדוני העבד ההוא ויפטרהו וישמט לו את החוב׃
- ויצא העבד ההוא מלפניו וימצא אחד מחבריו העבדים והוא חיב לו מאה דינרים ויחזק בו ויחנקהו לאמר שלם את אשר אתה חיב לי׃
- ויפל חברו לפני רגליו ויבקש ממנו לאמר הארך לי אפך ואשלמה לך הכל׃
- והוא מאן וילך וישליכהו במשמר עד כי ישלם לו את חובו׃
- וחבריו העבדים ראו את הנעשה ויעצבו מאד ויבאו ויגידו לאדניהם את כל אשר נעשה׃
- ויקרא אליו אדניו ויאמר לו אתה העבד הרע את כל החוב ההוא השמטתי לך יען אשר בקשת ממני׃
- הלא היה לך גם אתה לרחם על העבד חברך כאשר רחמתי אני עליך׃
- ויקצף אדניו ויסגר אותו למיסרים עד כי ישלם את כל חובו׃
- ככה יעשה לכם גם אבי שבשמים אם לא תסלחו איש איש לאחיו בכל לבבכם את חטאתם׃
|Matthew 18 Text (Latin)
- In illa hora accesserunt discipuli ad Jesum, dicentes : Quis, putas, major est in regno cælorum ?
- Et advocans Jesus parvulum, statuit eum in medio eorum,
- et dixit : Amen dico vobis, nisi conversi fueritis, et efficiamini sicut parvuli, non intrabitis in regnum cælorum.
- Quicumque ergo humiliaverit se sicut parvulus iste, hic est major in regno cælorum.
- Et qui susceperit unum parvulum talem in nomine meo, me suscipit :
- qui autem scandalizaverit unum de pusillis istis, qui in me credunt, expedit ei ut suspendatur mola asinaria in collo ejus, et demergatur in profundum maris.
- Væ mundo a scandalis ! Necesse est enim ut veniant scandala : verumtamen væ homini illi, per quem scandalum venit.
- Si autem manus tua, vel pes tuus scandalizat te, abscide eum, et projice abs te : bonum tibi est ad vitam ingredi debilem, vel claudum, quam duas manus vel duos pedes habentem mitti in ignem æternum.
- Et si oculus tuus scandalizat te, erue eum, et projice abs te : bonum tibi est cum uno oculo in vitam intrare, quam duos oculos habentem mitti in gehennam ignis.
- Videte ne contemnatis unum ex his pusillis : dico enim vobis, quia angeli eorum in cælis semper vident faciem Patris mei, qui in cælis est.
- Venit enim Filius hominis salvare quod perierat.
- Quid vobis videtur ? si fuerint alicui centum oves, et erravit una ex eis : nonne relinquit nonaginta novem in montibus, et vadit quærere eam quæ erravit ?
- Et si contigerit ut inveniat eam : amen dico vobis, quia gaudet super eam magis quam super nonaginta novem, quæ non erraverunt.
- Sic non est voluntas ante Patrem vestrum, qui in cælis est, ut pereat unus de pusillis istis.
- Si autem peccaverit in te frater tuus, vade, et corripe eum inter te, et ipsum solum : si te audierit, lucratus eris fratrem tuum.
- Si autem te non audierit, adhibe tecum adhuc unum, vel duos, ut in ore duorum, vel trium testium stet omne verbum.
- Quod si non audierit eos : dic ecclesiæ. Si autem ecclesiam non audierit, sit tibi sicut ethnicus et publicanus.
- Amen dico vobis, quæcumque alligaveritis super terram, erunt ligata et in cælo : et quæcumque solveritis super terram, erunt soluta et in cælo.
- Iterum dico vobis, quia si duo ex vobis consenserint super terram, de omni re quamcumque petierint, fiet illis a Patre meo, qui in cælis est.
- Ubi enim sunt duo vel tres congregati in nomine meo, ibi sum in medio eorum.
- Tunc accedens Petrus ad eum, dixit : Domine, quoties peccabit in me frater meus, et dimittam ei ? usque septies ?
- Dicit illi Jesus : Non dico tibi usque septies : sed usque septuagies septies.
- Ideo assimilatum est regnum cælorum homini regi, qui voluit rationem ponere cum servis suis.
- Et cum cœpisset rationem ponere, oblatus est ei unus, qui debebat ei decem millia talenta.
- Cum autem non haberet unde redderet, jussit eum dominus ejus venundari, et uxorem ejus, et filios, et omnia quæ habebat, et reddi.
- Procidens autem servus ille, orabat eum, dicens : Patientiam habe in me, et omnia reddam tibi.
- Misertus autem dominus servi illius, dimisit eum, et debitum dimisit ei.
- Egressus autem servus ille invenit unum de conservis suis, qui debebat ei centum denarios : et tenens suffocavit eum, dicens : Redde quod debes.
- Et procidens conservus ejus, rogabat eum, dicens : Patientiam habe in me, et omnia reddam tibi.
- Ille autem noluit : sed abiit, et misit eum in carcerem donec redderet debitum.
- Videntes autem conservi ejus quæ fiebant, contristati sunt valde : et venerunt, et narraverunt domino suo omnia quæ facta fuerant.
- Tunc vocavit illum dominus suus : et ait illi : Serve nequam, omne debitum dimisi tibi quoniam rogasti me :
- nonne ergo oportuit et te misereri conservi tui, sicut et ego tui misertus sum ?
- Et iratus dominus ejus tradidit eum tortoribus, quoadusque redderet universum debitum.
- Sic et Pater meus cælestis faciet vobis, si non remiseritis unusquisque fratri suo de cordibus vestris.
|Matthew 18 Text (KJV)
- At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
- And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
- And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
- And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
- But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
- Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
- Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
- And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
- Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
- For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
- How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
- And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
- Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
- Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
- But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
- And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
- Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
- Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
- For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
- Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
- Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
- Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
- And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
- But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
- The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
- Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
- But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
- And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
- And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
- So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
- Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
- Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
- And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
- So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.