|Joshua 11 - Versions
|Joshua 11 Text (WEB)
- It happened, when Jabin king of Hazor heard of it, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, to the king of Shimron, to the king of Achshaph,
- and to the kings who were on the north, in the hill country, in the Arabah south of Chinneroth, in the lowland, and in the heights of Dor on the west,
- to the Canaanite on the east and on the west, and the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Jebusite in the hill country, and the Hivite under Hermon in the land of Mizpah.
- They went out, they and all their armies with them, many people, even as the sand that is on the seashore in multitude, with very many horses and chariots.
- All these kings met together; and they came and encamped together at the waters of Merom, to fight with Israel.
- Yahweh said to Joshua, "Don't be afraid because of them; for tomorrow at this time, I will deliver them up all slain before Israel. You shall hamstring their horses and burn their chariots with fire."
- So Joshua came, and all the people of war with him, against them by the waters of Merom suddenly, and fell on them.
- Yahweh delivered them into the hand of Israel, and they struck them, and chased them to great Sidon, and to Misrephoth Maim, and to the valley of Mizpeh eastward. They struck them until they left them none remaining.
- Joshua did to them as Yahweh told him. He hamstrung their horses and burnt their chariots with fire.
- Joshua turned back at that time, and took Hazor, and struck its king with the sword: for Hazor used to be the head of all those kingdoms.
- They struck all the souls who were in it with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them. There was no one left who breathed. He burnt Hazor with fire.
- Joshua captured all the cities of those kings, with their kings, and he struck them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed them; as Moses the servant of Yahweh commanded.
- But as for the cities that stood on their mounds, Israel burned none of them, except Hazor only. Joshua burned that.
- The children of Israel took all the spoil of these cities, with the livestock, as spoils for themselves; but every man they struck with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them. They didn't leave any who breathed.
- As Yahweh commanded Moses his servant, so Moses commanded Joshua. Joshua did so. He left nothing undone of all that Yahweh commanded Moses.
- So Joshua captured all that land, the hill country, all the South, all the land of Goshen, the lowland, the Arabah, the hill country of Israel, and the lowland of the same;
- from Mount Halak, that goes up to Seir, even to Baal Gad in the valley of Lebanon under Mount Hermon. He took all their kings, struck them, and put them to death.
- Joshua made war a long time with all those kings.
- There was not a city that made peace with the children of Israel, except the Hivites, the inhabitants of Gibeon. They took all in battle.
- For it was of Yahweh to harden their hearts, to come against Israel in battle, that he might utterly destroy them, that they might have no favor, but that he might destroy them, as Yahweh commanded Moses.
- Joshua came at that time, and cut off the Anakim from the hill country, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab, and from all the hill country of Judah, and from all the hill country of Israel: Joshua utterly destroyed them with their cities.
- There were none of the Anakim left in the land of the children of Israel. Only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod, did some remain.
- So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that Yahweh spoke to Moses; and Joshua gave it for an inheritance to Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. The land had rest from war.
|Joshua 11 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי כשמע יבין מלך־חצור וישלח אל־יובב מלך מדון ואל־מלך שמרון ואל־מלך אכשף׃
- ואל־המלכים אשר מצפון בהר ובערבה נגב כנרות ובשפלה ובנפות דור מים׃
- הכנעני ממזרח ומים והאמרי והחתי והפרזי והיבוסי בהר והחוי תחת חרמון בארץ המצפה׃
- ויצאו הם וכל־מחניהם עםם עם־רב כחול אשר על־שפת־הים לרב וסוס ורכב רב־מאד׃
- ויועדו כל המלכים האלה ויבאו ויחנו יחדו אל־מי מרום להלחם עם־ישראל׃ ף
- ויאמר יהוה אל־יהושע אל־תירא מפניהם כי־מחר כעת הזאת אנכי נתן את־כלם חללים לפני ישראל את־סוסיהם תעקר ואת־מרכבתיהם תשרף באש׃
- ויבא יהושע וכל־עם המלחמה עמו עליהם על־מי מרום פתאם ויפלו בהם׃
- ויתנם יהוה ביד־ישראל ויכום וירדפום עד־צידון רבה ועד משרפות מים ועד־בקעת מצפה מזרחה ויכם עד־בלתי השאיר־להם שריד׃
- ויעש להם יהושע כאשר אמר־לו יהוה את־סוסיהם עקר ואת־מרכבתיהם שרף באש׃ ס
- וישב יהושע בעת ההיא וילכד את־חצור ואת־מלכה הכה בחרב כי־חצור לפנים היא ראש כל־הממלכות האלה׃
- ויכו את־כל־הנפש אשר־בה לפי־חרב החרם לא נותר כל־נשמה ואת־חצור שרף באש׃
- ואת־כל־ערי המלכים־האלה ואת־כל־מלכיהם לכד יהושע ויכם לפי־חרב החרים אותם כאשר צוה משה עבד יהוה׃
- רק כל־הערים העמדות על־תלם לא שרפם ישראל זולתי את־חצור לבדה שרף יהושע׃
- וכל שלל הערים האלה והבהמה בזזו להם בני ישראל רק את־כל־האדם הכו לפי־חרב עד־השמדם אותם לא השאירו כל־נשמה׃
- כאשר צוה יהוה את־משה עבדו כן־צוה משה את־יהושע וכן עשה יהושע לא־הסיר דבר מכל אשר־צוה יהוה את־משה׃
- ויקח יהושע את־כל־הארץ הזאת ההר ואת־כל־הנגב ואת כל־ארץ הגשן ואת־השפלה ואת־הערבה ואת־הר ישראל ושפלתה׃
- מן־ההר החלק העולה שעיר ועד־בעל גד בבקעת הלבנון תחת הר־חרמון ואת כל־מלכיהם לכד ויכם וימיתם׃
- ימים רבים עשה יהושע את־כל־המלכים האלה מלחמה׃
- לא־היתה עיר אשר השלימה אל־בני ישראל בלתי החוי ישבי גבעון את־הכל לקחו במלחמה׃
- כי מאת יהוה היתה לחזק את־לבם לקראת המלחמה את־ישראל למען החריםם לבלתי היות־להם תחנה כי למען השמידם כאשר צוה יהוה את־משה׃ ס
- ויבא יהושע בעת ההיא ויכרת את־הענקים מן־ההר מן־חברון מן־דבר מן־ענב ומכל הר יהודה ומכל הר ישראל עם־עריהם החריםם יהושע׃
- לא־נותר ענקים בארץ בני ישראל רק בעזה בגת ובאשדוד נשארו׃
- ויקח יהושע את־כל־הארץ ככל אשר דבר יהוה אל־משה ויתנה יהושע לנחלה לישראל כמחלקתם לשבטיהם והארץ שקטה ממלחמה׃ ף
|Joshua 11 Text (Latin)
- Quæ cum audisset Jabin rex Asor, misit ad Jobab regem Madon, et ad regem Semeron, atque ad regem Achsaph :
- ad reges quoque aquilonis, qui habitabant in montanis et in planitie contra meridiem Ceneroth, in campestribus quoque et in regionibus Dor juxta mare :
- Chananæum quoque ab oriente et occidente, et Amorrhæum atque Hethæum ac Pherezæum et Jebusæum in montanis : Hevæum quoque qui habitabat ad radices Hermon in terra Maspha.
- Egressique sunt omnes cum turmis suis, populus multus nimis sicut arena quæ est in littore maris, equi quoque et currus immensæ multitudinis.
- Conveneruntque omnes reges isti in unum ad aquas Merom, ut pugnarent contra Israël.
- Dixitque Dominus ad Josue : Ne timeas eos : cras enim hac eadem hora ego tradam omnes istos vulnerandos in conspectu Israël : equos eorum subnervabis, et currus igne combures.
- Venitque Josue, et omnis exercitus cum eo, adversus illos ad aquas Merom subito, et irruerunt super eos,
- tradiditque illos Dominus in manus Israël. Qui percusserunt eos, et persecuti sunt usque ad Sidonem magnam, et aquas Maserephoth, campumque Masphe, qui est ad orientalem illius partem. Ita percussit omnes, ut nullas dimitteret ex eis reliquias :
- fecitque sicut præceperat ei Dominus, equos eorum subnervavit, currusque combussit igni.
- Reversusque statim cepit Asor : et regem ejus percussit gladio. Asor enim antiquitus inter omnia regna hæc principatum tenebat.
- Percussitque omnes animas quæ ibidem morabantur : non dimisit in ea ullas reliquias, sed usque ad internecionem universa vastavit, ipsamque urbem peremit incendio.
- Et omnes per circuitum civitates, regesque earum cepit, percussit atque delevit, sicut præceperat ei Moyses famulus Domini.
- Absque urbibus, quæ erant in collibus et in tumulis sitæ, ceteras succendit Israël : unam tantum Asor munitissimam flamma consumpsit.
- Omnemque prædam istarum urbium ac jumenta diviserunt sibi filii Israël, cunctis hominibus interfectis.
- Sicut præceperat Dominus Moysi servo suo, ita præcepit Moyses Josue, et ille universa complevit : non præteriit de universis mandatis, nec unum quidem verbum quod jusserat Dominus Moysi.
- Cepit itaque Josue omnem terram montanam, et meridianam, terramque Gosen, et planitiem, et occidentalem plagam, montemque Israël, et campestria ejus :
- et partem montis, quæ ascendit Seir usque Baalgad, per planitiem Libani subter montem Hermon : omnes reges eorum cepit, percussit, et occidit.
- Multo tempore pugnavit Josue contra reges istos.
- Non fuit civitas quæ se traderet filiis Israël, præter Hevæum, qui habitabat in Gabaon : omnes enim bellando cepit.
- Domini enim sententia fuerat, ut indurarentur corda eorum, et pugnarent contra Israël, et caderent, et non mererentur ullam clementiam, ac perirent, sicut præceperat Dominus Moysi.
- In illo tempore venit Josue, et interfecit Enacim de montanis, Hebron, et Dabir, et Anab, et de omni monte Juda et Israël, urbesque eorum delevit.
- Non reliquit ullum de stirpe Enacim, in terra filiorum Israël : absque civitatibus Gaza, et Geth, et Azoto, in quibus solis relicti sunt.
- Cepit ergo Josue omnem terram, sicut locutus est Dominus ad Moysen, et tradidit eam in possessionem filiis Israël secundum partes et tribus suas : quievitque terra a præliis.
|Joshua 11 Text (KJV)
- And it came to pass, when Jabin king of Hazor had heard those things, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph,
- And to the kings that were on the north of the mountains, and of the plains south of Chinneroth, and in the valley, and in the borders of Dor on the west,
- And to the Canaanite on the east and on the west, and to the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Jebusite in the mountains, and to the Hivite under Hermon in the land of Mizpeh.
- And they went out, they and all their hosts with them, much people, even as the sand that is upon the sea shore in multitude, with horses and chariots very many.
- And when all these kings were met together, they came and pitched together at the waters of Merom, to fight against Israel.
- And the LORD said unto Joshua, Be not afraid because of them: for to morrow about this time will I deliver them up all slain before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire.
- So Joshua came, and all the people of war with him, against them by the waters of Merom suddenly; and they fell upon them.
- And the LORD delivered them into the hand of Israel, who smote them, and chased them unto great Zidon, and unto Misrephoth-maim, and unto the valley of Mizpeh eastward; and they smote them, until they left them none remaining.
- And Joshua did unto them as the LORD bade him: he houghed their horses, and burnt their chariots with fire.
- And Joshua at that time turned back, and took Hazor, and smote the king thereof with the sword: for Hazor beforetime was the head of all those kingdoms.
- And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire.
- And all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them, did Joshua take, and smote them with the edge of the sword, and he utterly destroyed them, as Moses the servant of the LORD commanded.
- But as for the cities that stood still in their strength, Israel burned none of them, save Hazor only; that did Joshua burn.
- And all the spoil of these cities, and the cattle, the children of Israel took for a prey unto themselves; but every man they smote with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, neither left they any to breathe.
- As the LORD commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua, and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses.
- So Joshua took all that land, the hills, and all the south country, and all the land of Goshen, and the valley, and the plain, and the mountain of Israel, and the valley of the same;
- Even from the mount Halak, that goeth up to Seir, even unto Baal-gad in the valley of Lebanon under mount Hermon: and all their kings he took, and smote them, and slew them.
- Joshua made war a long time with all those kings.
- There was not a city that made peace with the children of Israel, save the Hivites the inhabitants of Gibeon: all other they took in battle.
- For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses.
- And at that time came Joshua, and cut off the Anakims from the mountains, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab, and from all the mountains of Judah, and from all the mountains of Israel: Joshua destroyed them utterly with their cities.
- There was none of the Anakims left in the land of the children of Israel: only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod, there remained.
- So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the LORD said unto Moses; and Joshua gave it for an inheritance unto Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. And the land rested from war.