|Job 29 - Versions
|Job 29 Text (WEB)
- Job again took up his parable, and said,
- "Oh that I were as in the months of old, as in the days when God watched over me;
- when his lamp shone on my head, and by his light I walked through darkness,
- as I was in the ripeness of my days, when the friendship of God was in my tent,
- when the Almighty was yet with me, and my children were around me,
- when my steps were washed with butter, and the rock poured out streams of oil for me,
- when I went forth to the city gate, when I prepared my seat in the street.
- The young men saw me and hid themselves. The aged rose up and stood.
- The princes refrained from talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
- The voice of the nobles was hushed, and their tongue stuck to the roof of their mouth.
- For when the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it commended me:
- Because I delivered the poor who cried, and the fatherless also, who had none to help him,
- the blessing of him who was ready to perish came on me, and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
- I put on righteousness, and it clothed me. My justice was as a robe and a diadem.
- I was eyes to the blind, and feet to the lame.
- I was a father to the needy. The cause of him who I didn't know, I searched out.
- I broke the jaws of the unrighteous, and plucked the prey out of his teeth.
- Then I said, 'I shall die in my own house, I shall number my days as the sand.
- My root is spread out to the waters. The dew lies all night on my branch.
- My glory is fresh in me. My bow is renewed in my hand.'
- "Men listened to me, waited, and kept silence for my counsel.
- After my words they didn't speak again. My speech fell on them.
- They waited for me as for the rain. Their mouths drank as with the spring rain.
- I smiled on them when they had no confidence. They didn't reject the light of my face.
- I chose out their way, and sat as chief. I lived as a king in the army, as one who comforts the mourners.
|Job 29 Text (Hebrew)
- ויסף איוב שאת משלו ויאמר׃
- מי־יתנני כירחי־קדם כימי אלוה ישמרני׃
- בהלו נרו עלי ראשי לאורו אלך חשך׃
- כאשר הייתי בימי חרפי בסוד אלוה עלי אהלי׃
- בעוד שדי עמדי סביבותי נערי׃
- ברחץ הליכי בחמה וצור יצוק עמדי פלגי־שמן׃
- בצאתי שער עלי־קרת ברחוב אכין מושבי׃
- ראוני נערים ונחבאו וישישים קמו עמדו׃
- שרים עצרו במלים וכף ישימו לפיהם׃
- קול־נגידים נחבאו ולשונם לחכם דבקה׃
- כי אזן שמעה ותאשרני ועין ראתה ותעידני׃
- כי־אמלט עני משוע ויתום ולא־עזר לו׃
- ברכת אבד עלי תבא ולב אלמנה ארןן׃
- צדק לבשתי וילבשני כמעיל וצניף משפטי׃
- עינים הייתי לעור ורגלים לפסח אני׃
- אב אנכי לאביונים ורב לא־ידעתי אחקרהו׃
- ואשברה מתלעות עול ומשניו אשליך טרף׃
- ואמר עם־קני אגוע וכחול ארבה ימים׃
- שרשי פתוח אלי־מים וטל ילין בקצירי׃
- כבודי חדש עמדי וקשתי בידי תחליף׃
- לי־שמעו ויחלו וידמו למו עצתי׃
- אחרי דברי לא ישנו ועלימו תטף מלתי׃
- ויחלו כמטר לי ופיהם פערו למלקוש׃
- אשחק אלהם לא יאמינו ואור פני לא יפילון׃
- אבחר דרכם ואשב ראש ואשכון כמלך בגדוד כאשר אבלים ינחם׃
|Job 29 Text (Latin)
- Addidit quoque Job, assumens parabolam suam, et dixit :
- Quis mihi tribuat ut sim juxta menses pristinos, secundum dies quibus Deus custodiebat me ?
- quando splendebat lucerna ejus super caput meum, et ad lumen ejus ambulabam in tenebris :
- sicut fui in diebus adolescentiæ meæ, quando secreto Deus erat in tabernaculo meo :
- quando erat Omnipotens mecum, et in circuitu meo pueri mei :
- quando lavabam pedes meos butyro, et petra fundebat mihi rivos olei :
- quando procedebam ad portam civitatis, et in platea parabant cathedram mihi.
- Videbant me juvenes, et abscondebantur : et senes assurgentes stabant.
- Principes cessabant loqui, et digitum superponebant ori suo.
- Vocem suam cohibebant duces, et lingua eorum gutturi suo adhærebat.
- Auris audiens beatificabat me, et oculus videns testimonium, reddebat mihi :
- eo quod liberassem pauperem vociferantem, et pupillum cui non esset adjutor.
- Benedictio perituri super me veniebat, et cor viduæ consolatus sum.
- Justitia indutus sum, et vestivi me, sicut vestimento et diademate, judicio meo.
- Oculus fui cæco, et pes claudo.
- Pater eram pauperum, et causam quam nesciebam diligentissime investigabam.
- Conterebam molas iniqui, et de dentibus illius auferebam prædam.
- Dicebamque : In nidulo meo moriar, et sicut palma multiplicabo dies.
- Radix mea aperta est secus aquas, et ros morabitur in messione mea.
- Gloria mea semper innovabitur, et arcus meus in manu mea instaurabitur.
- Qui me audiebant, expectabant sententiam, et intenti tacebant ad consilium meum.
- Verbis meis addere nihil audebant, et super illos stillabat eloquium meum.
- Expectabant me sicut pluviam, et os suum aperiebant quasi ad imbrem serotinum.
- Siquando ridebam ad eos, non credebant, et lux vultus mei non cadebat in terram.
- Si voluissem ire ad eos, sedebam primus : cumque sederem quasi rex, circumstante exercitu, eram tamen mœrentium consolator.
|Job 29 Text (KJV)
- Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
- Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me;
- When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
- As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle;
- When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me;
- When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
- When I went out to the gate through the city, when I prepared my seat in the street!
- The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, and stood up.
- The princes refrained talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
- The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.
- When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me:
- Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.
- The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
- I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
- I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
- I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
- And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
- Then I said, I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the sand.
- My root was spread out by the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch.
- My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.
- Unto me men gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.
- After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them.
- And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
- If I laughed on them, they believed it not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down.
- I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Job