|Job 17 - Versions
|Job 17 Text (WEB)
- "My spirit is consumed. My days are extinct, And the grave is ready for me.
- Surely there are mockers with me. My eye dwells on their provocation.
- "Now give a pledge, be collateral for me with yourself. Who is there who will strike hands with me?
- For you have hidden their heart from understanding, Therefore you shall not exalt them.
- He who denounces his friends for a prey, Even the eyes of his children shall fail.
- "But he has made me a byword of the people. They spit in my face.
- My eye also is dim by reason of sorrow. All my members are as a shadow.
- Upright men shall be astonished at this. The innocent shall stir up himself against the godless.
- Yet shall the righteous hold on his way. He who has clean hands shall grow stronger and stronger.
- But as for you all, come on now again; I shall not find a wise man among you.
- My days are past, my plans are broken off, as are the thoughts of my heart.
- They change the night into day, saying 'The light is near' in the presence of darkness.
- If I look for Sheol as my house, if I have spread my couch in the darkness,
- If I have said to corruption, 'You are my father;' to the worm, 'My mother,' and 'my sister;'
- where then is my hope? as for my hope, who shall see it?
- Shall it go down with me to the gates of Sheol, or descend together into the dust?"
|Job 17 Text (Hebrew)
- רוחי חבלה ימי נזעכו קברים לי׃
- אם־לא התלים עמדי ובהמרותמ תלן עיני׃
- שימה־נא ערבני עמך מי הוא לידי יתקע׃
- כי־לבם צפנת משכל על־כן לא תרםם׃
- לחלק יגיד רעים ועיני בניו תכלנה׃
- והצגני למשל עמים ותפת לפנים אהיה׃
- ותכה מכעש עיני ויצרי כצל כלם׃
- ישמו ישרים על־זאת ונקי על־חנף יתערר׃
- ויאחז צדיק דרכו וטהר־ידים יסיף אמץ׃
- ואולם כלם תשבו ובאו נא ולא־אמצא בכם חכם׃
- ימי עברו זמתי נתקו מורשי לבבי׃
- לילה ליום ישימו אור קרוב מפני־חשך׃
- אם־אקוה שאול ביתי בחשך רפדתי יצועי׃
- לשחת קראתי אבי אתה אמי ואחתי לרמה׃
- ואיה אפו תקותי ותקותי מי ישורנה׃
- בדי שאל תרדנה אם־יחד על־עפר נחת׃ ס
|Job 17 Text (Latin)
- Spiritus meus attenuabitur, dies mei breviabuntur, et solum mihi superest sepulchrum.
- Non peccavi, et in amaritudinibus moratur oculus meus.
- Libera me, Domine, et pone me juxta te, et cujusvis manus pugnet contra me.
- Cor eorum longe fecisti a disciplina : propterea non exaltabuntur.
- Prædam pollicetur sociis, et oculi filiorum ejus deficient.
- Posuit me quasi in proverbium vulgi, et exemplum sum coram eis.
- Caligavit ab indignatione oculus meus, et membra mea quasi in nihilum redacta sunt.
- Stupebunt justi super hoc, et innocens contra hypocritam suscitabitur.
- Et tenebit justus viam suam, et mundis manibus addet fortitudinem.
- Igitur omnes vos convertimini, et venite, et non inveniam in vobis ullum sapientem.
- Dies mei transierunt : cogitationes meæ dissipatæ sunt, torquentes cor meum.
- Noctem verterunt in diem, et rursum post tenebras spero lucem.
- Si sustinuero, infernus domus mea est : et in tenebris stravi lectulum meum.
- Putredini dixi : Pater meus es : mater mea, et soror mea, vermibus.
- Ubi est ergo nunc præstolatio mea ? et patientiam meam quis considerat ?
- In profundissimum infernum descendent omnia mea. Putasne saltem ibi erit requies mihi ?
|Job 17 Text (KJV)
- My breath is corrupt, my days are extinct, the graves are ready for me.
- Are there not mockers with me? and doth not mine eye continue in their provocation?
- Lay down now, put me in a surety with thee; who is he that will strike hands with me?
- For thou hast hid their heart from understanding: therefore shalt thou not exalt them.
- He that speaketh flattery to his friends, even the eyes of his children shall fail.
- He hath made me also a byword of the people; and aforetime I was as a tabret.
- Mine eye also is dim by reason of sorrow, and all my members are as a shadow.
- Upright men shall be astonied at this, and the innocent shall stir up himself against the hypocrite.
- The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.
- But as for you all, do ye return, and come now: for I cannot find one wise man among you.
- My days are past, my purposes are broken off, even the thoughts of my heart.
- They change the night into day: the light is short because of darkness.
- If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.
- I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou are my mother, and my sister.
- And where is now my hope? as for my hope, who shall see it?
- They shall go down to the bars of the pit, when our rest together is in the dust.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Job