|Isaiah 63 - Versions
|Isaiah 63 Text (WEB)
- Who is this who comes from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this who is glorious in his clothing, marching in the greatness of his strength? "It is I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save."
- Why are you red in your clothing, and your garments like him who treads in the wine vat?
- "I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the peoples there was no man with me: yes, I trod them in my anger, and trampled them in my wrath; and their lifeblood is sprinkled on my garments, and I have stained all my clothing.
- For the day of vengeance was in my heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
- I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore my own arm brought salvation to me; and my wrath, it upheld me.
- I trod down the peoples in my anger, and made them drunk in my wrath, and I poured out their lifeblood on the earth."
- I will make mention of the loving kindnesses of Yahweh, [and] the praises of Yahweh, according to all that Yahweh has bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he has bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his loving kindnesses.
- For he said, "Surely, they are my people, children who will not deal falsely:" so he was their Savior.
- In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bore them, and carried them all the days of old.
- But they rebelled, and grieved his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, [and] himself fought against them.
- Then he remembered the days of old, Moses [and] his people, [saying], Where is he who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of his flock? where is he who put his holy Spirit in the midst of them?
- who caused his glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses? who divided the waters before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
- who led them through the depths, as a horse in the wilderness, so that they didn't stumble?
- As the livestock that go down into the valley, the Spirit of Yahweh caused them to rest; so you led your people, to make yourself a glorious name.
- Look down from heaven, and see from the habitation of your holiness and of your glory: where are your zeal and your mighty acts? the yearning of your heart and your compassion is restrained toward me.
- For you are our Father, though Abraham doesn't know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us: you, Yahweh, are our Father; our Redeemer from everlasting is your name.
- O Yahweh, why do you make us to err from your ways, and harden our heart from your fear? Return for your servants' sake, the tribes of your inheritance.
- Your holy people possessed [it] but a little while: our adversaries have trodden down your sanctuary.
- We have become as they over whom you never bear rule, as those who were not called by your name.
|Isaiah 63 Text (Hebrew)
- מי־זה בא מאדום חמוץ בגדים מבצרה זה הדור בלבושו צעה ברב כחו אני מדבר בצדקה רב להושיע׃
- מדוע אדם ללבושך ובגדיך כדרך בגת׃
- פורה דרכתי לבדי ומעמים אין־איש אתי ואדרכם באפי וארמסם בחמתי ויז נצחם על־בגדי וכל־מלבושי אגאלתי׃
- כי יום נקם בלבי ושנת גאולי באה׃
- ואביט ואין עזר ואשתוםם ואין סומך ותושע לי זרעי וחמתי היא סמכתני׃
- ואבוס עמים באפי ואשכרם בחמתי ואוריד לארץ נצחם׃ ס
- חסדי יהוה אזכיר תהלת יהוה כעל כל אשר־גמלנו יהוה ורב־טוב לבית ישראל אשר־גמלם כרחמיו וכרב חסדיו׃
- ויאמר אך־עמי המה בנים לא ישקרו ויהי להם למושיע׃
- בכל־צרתם צר ומלאך פניו הושיעם באהבתו ובחמלתו הוא גאלם וינטלם וינשאם כל־ימי עולם׃
- והמה מרו ועצבו את־רוח קדשו ויהפך להם לאויב הוא נלחם־בם׃
- ויזכר ימי־עולם משה עמו איה המעלם מים את רעי צאנו איה השם בקרבו את־רוח קדשו׃
- מוליך לימין משה זרוע תפארתו בוקע מים מפניהם לעשות לו שם עולם׃
- מוליכם בתהמות כסוס במדבר לא יכשלו׃
- כבהמה בבקעה תרד רוח יהוה תניחנו כן נהגת עמך לעשות לך שם תפארת׃
- הבט משמים וראה מזבל קדשך ותפארתך איה קנאתך וגבורתך המון מעיך ורחמיך אלי התאפקו׃
- כי־אתה אבינו כי אברהם לא ידענו וישראל לא יכירנו אתה יהוה אבינו גאלנו מעולם שמך׃
- למה תתענו יהוה מדרכיך תקשיח לבנו מיראתך שוב למען עבדיך שבטי נחלתך׃
- למצער ירשו עם־קדשך צרינו בוססו מקדשך׃
- היינו מעולם לא־משלת בם לא־נקרא שמך עליהם לוא־קרעת שמים ירדת מפניך הרים נזלו׃
|Isaiah 63 Text (Latin)
- Quis est iste, qui venit de Edom, tinctis vestibus de Bosra ? Iste formosus in stola sua, gradiens in multitudine fortitudinis suæ. Ego qui loquor justitiam, et propugnator sum ad salvandum.
- Quare ergo rubrum est indumentum tuum, et vestimenta tua sicut calcantium in torculari ?
- Torcular calcavi solus, et de gentibus non est vir mecum ; calcavi eos in furore meo, et conculcavi eos in ira mea ; et aspersus est sanguis eorum super vestimenta mea, et omnia indumenta mea inquinavi.
- Dies enim ultionis in corde meo, annus redemptionis meæ venit.
- Circumspexi, et non erat auxiliator ; quæsivi, et non fuit qui adjuvaret ; et salvavit mihi brachium meum, et indignatio mea ipsa auxiliata est mihi.
- Et conculcavi populos in furore meo, et inebriavi eos in indignatione mea, et detraxi in terram virtutem eorum.
- Miserationum Domini recordabor, laudem Domini super omnibus quæ reddidit nobis Dominus, et super multitudinem bonorum domui Israël, quæ largitus est eis secundum indulgentiam suam, et secundum multitudinem misericordiarum suarum.
- Et dixit : Verumtamen populus meus est, filii non negantes ; et factus est eis salvator.
- In omni tribulatione eorum non est tribulatus, et angelus faciei ejus salvavit eos : in dilectione sua et in indulgentia sua ipse redemit eos, et portavit eos, et elevavit eos cunctis diebus sæculi.
- Ipsi autem ad iracundiam provocaverunt, et afflixerunt spiritum Sancti ejus ; et conversus est eis in inimicum, et ipse debellavit eos.
- Et recordatus est dierum sæculi Moysi, et populi sui. Ubi est qui eduxit eos de mari cum pastoribus gregis sui ? Ubi est qui posuit in medio ejus spiritum Sancti sui ;
- qui eduxit ad dexteram Moysen, brachio majestatis suæ ; qui scidit aquas ante eos, ut faceret sibi nomen sempiternum ;
- qui eduxit eos per abyssos, quasi equum in deserto non impingentem ?
- Quasi animal in campo descendens, spiritus Domini ductor ejus fuit. Sic adduxisti populum tuum, ut faceres tibi nomen gloriæ.
- Attende de cælo, et vide de habitaculo sancto tuo, et gloriæ tuæ. Ubi est zelus tuus, et fortitudo tua, multitudo viscerum tuorum et miserationum tuarum ? Super me continuerunt se.
- Tu enim pater noster ; et Abraham nescivit nos, et Israël ignoravit nos ; tu, Domine, pater noster, redemptor noster, a sæculo nomen tuum.
- Quare errare nos fecisti, Domine, de viis tuis ; indurasti cor nostrum ne timeremus te ? Convertere propter servos tuos, tribus hæreditatis tuæ.
- Quasi nihilum possederunt populum sanctum tuum, hostes nostri conculcaverunt sanctificationem tuam.
- Facti sumus quasi in principio, cum non dominareris nostri, neque invocaretur nomen tuum super nos.
|Isaiah 63 Text (KJV)
- Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.
- Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
- I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.
- For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
- And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.
- And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
- I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.
- For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.
- In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
- But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
- Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
- That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
- That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?
- As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.
- Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of thy holiness and of thy glory: where is thy zeal and thy strength, the sounding of thy bowels and of thy mercies toward me? are they restrained?
- Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.
- O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.
- The people of thy holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have trodden down thy sanctuary.
- We are thine: thou never barest rule over them; they were not called by thy name.