|Isaiah 6 - Versions
|Isaiah 6 Text (WEB)
- In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple.
- Above him stood the seraphim. Each one had six wings. With two he covered his face. With two he covered his feet. With two he flew.
- One called to another, and said, "Holy, holy, holy, is Yahweh of Armies! The whole earth is full of his glory!"
- The foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.
- Then I said, "Woe is me! For I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, Yahweh of Armies!"
- Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar.
- He touched my mouth with it, and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin forgiven."
- I heard the Lord's voice, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here I am. Send me!"
- He said, "Go, and tell this people, 'You hear indeed, but don't understand; and you see indeed, but don't perceive.'
- Make the heart of this people fat. Make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and turn again, and be healed."
- Then I said, "Lord, how long?" He answered, "Until cities are waste without inhabitant, and houses without man, and the land becomes utterly waste,
- And Yahweh has removed men far away, and the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.
- If there is a tenth left in it, that also will in turn be consumed: as a terebinth, and as an oak, whose stock remains when they are felled; so the holy seed is its stock."
|Isaiah 6 Text (Hebrew)
- בשנת־מות המלך עזיהו ואראה את־אדני ישב על־כסא רם ונשא ושוליו מלאים את־ההיכל׃
- שרפים עמדים ממעל לו שש כנפים שש כנפים לאחד בשתים יכסה פניו ובשתים יכסה רגליו ובשתים יעוףף׃
- וקרא זה אל־זה ואמר קדוש קדוש קדוש יהוה צבאות מלא כל־הארץ כבודו׃
- וינעו אמות הספים מקול הקורא והבית ימלא עשן׃
- ואמר אוי־לי כי־נדמיתי כי איש טמא־שפתים אנכי ובתוך עם־טמא שפתים אנכי יושב כי את־המלך יהוה צבאות ראו עיני׃
- ויעף אלי אחד מן־השרפים ובידו רצפה במלקחים לקח מעל המזבח׃
- ויגע על־פי ויאמר הנה נגע זה על־שפתיך וסר עונך וחטאתך תכפר׃
- ואשמע את־קול אדני אמר את־מי אשלח ומי ילך־לנו ואמר הנני שלחני׃
- ויאמר לך ואמרת לעם הזה שמעו שמוע ואל־תבינו וראו ראו ואל־תדעו׃
- השמן לב־העם הזה ואזניו הכבד ועיניו השע פן־יראה בעיניו ובאזניו ישמע ולבבו יבין ושב ורפא לו׃
- ואמר עד־מתי אדני ויאמר עד אשר אם־שאו ערים מאין יושב ובתים מאין אדם והאדמה תשאה שממה׃
- ורחק יהוה את־האדם ורבה העזובה בקרב הארץ׃
- ועוד בה עשריה ושבה והיתה לבער כאלה וכאלון אשר בשלכת מצבת בם זרע קדש מצבתה׃ ף
|Isaiah 6 Text (Latin)
- In anno quo mortuus est rex Ozias, vidi Dominum sedentem super solium excelsum et elevatum ; et ea quæ sub ipso erant replebant templum.
- Seraphim stabant super illud : sex alæ uni, et sex alæ alteri ; duabus velabant faciem ejus, et duabus velabant pedes ejus, et duabus volabant.
- Et clamabant alter ad alterum, et dicebant : Sanctus, sanctus, sanctus Dominus, Deus exercituum ; plena est omnis terra gloria ejus.
- Et commota sunt superliminaria cardinum a voce clamantis, et domus repleta est fumo.
- Et dixi : Væ mihi, quia tacui, quia vir pollutus labiis ego sum, et in medio populi polluta labia habentis ego habito, et regem Dominum exercituum vidi oculis meis.
- Et volavit ad me unus de seraphim, et in manu ejus calculus, quem forcipe tulerat de altari,
- et tetigit os meum, et dixit : Ecce tetigit hoc labia tua, et auferetur iniquitas tua, et peccatum tuum mundabitur.
- Et audivi vocem Domini dicentis : Quem mittam ? et quis ibit nobis ? Et dixi : Ecce ego, mitte me.
- Et dixit : Vade, et dices populo huic : Audite audientes, et nolite intelligere ; et videte visionem, et nolite cognoscere.
- Excæca cor populi hujus, et aures ejus aggrava, et oculos ejus claude : ne forte videat oculis suis, et auribus suis audiat, et corde suo intelligat, et convertatur, et sanem eum.
- Et dixi : Usquequo, Domine ? Et dixit : Donec desolentur civitates absque habitatore, et domus sine homine, et terra relinquetur deserta.
- Et longe faciet Dominus homines, et multiplicabitur quæ derelicta fuerat in medio terræ.
- Et adhuc in ea decimatio, et convertetur, et erit in ostensionem sicut terebinthus, et sicut quercus quæ expandit ramos suos ; semen sanctum erit id quod steterit in ea.
|Isaiah 6 Text (KJV)
- In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
- Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
- And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
- And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
- Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
- Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
- And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
- Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
- And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
- Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
- Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
- And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
- But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.