|Isaiah 48 - Versions
|Isaiah 48 Text (WEB)
- "Hear this, house of Jacob, you who are called by the name of Israel, and have come forth out of the waters of Judah; who swear by the name of Yahweh, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness
- (for they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves on the God of Israel; Yahweh of Armies is his name):
- I have declared the former things from of old; yes, they went forth out of my mouth, and I showed them: suddenly I did them, and they happened.
- Because I knew that you are obstinate, and your neck is an iron sinew, and your brow brass;
- therefore I have declared it to you from of old; before it came to pass I showed it to you; lest you should say, 'My idol has done them, and my engraved image, and my molten image, has commanded them.'
- You have heard it; see all this; and you, will you not declare it? "I have shown you new things from this time, even hidden things, which you have not known.
- They are created now, and not from of old; and before this day you didn't hear them; lest you should say, 'Behold, I knew them.'
- Yes, you didn't hear; yes, you didn't know; yes, from of old your ear was not opened: for I knew that you did deal very treacherously, and was called a transgressor from the womb.
- For my name's sake will I defer my anger, and for my praise will I refrain for you, that I not cut you off.
- Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have chosen you in the furnace of affliction.
- For my own sake, for my own sake, will I do it; for how should [my name] be profaned? and my glory I will not give to another.
- "Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel my called: I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
- Yes, my hand has laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand has spread out the heavens: when I call to them, they stand up together.
- "Assemble yourselves, all you, and hear; who among them has declared these things? He whom Yahweh loves shall perform his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm [shall be on] the Chaldeans.
- I, even I, have spoken; yes, I have called him; I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.
- "Come near to me and hear this: "From the beginning I have not spoken in secret; from the time that it was, there am I." Now the Lord Yahweh has sent me, with his Spirit.
- Thus says Yahweh, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am Yahweh your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way that you should go.
- Oh that you had listened to my commandments! then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea:
- your seed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of your body like its grains: his name would not be cut off nor destroyed from before me.
- Go forth from Babylon, flee from the Chaldeans; with a voice of singing declare, tell this, utter it even to the end of the earth: say, Yahweh has redeemed his servant Jacob.
- They didn't thirst when he led them through the deserts; he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them; he split the rock also, and the waters gushed out.
- "There is no peace," says Yahweh, "for the wicked."
|Isaiah 48 Text (Hebrew)
- שמעו־זאת בית־יעקב הנקראים בשם ישראל וממי יהודה יצאו הנשבעים בשם יהוה ובאלהי ישראל יזכירו לא באמת ולא בצדקה׃
- כי־מעיר הקדש נקראו ועל־אלהי ישראל נסמכו יהוה צבאות שמו׃ ס
- הראשנות מאז הגדתי ומפי יצאו ואשמיעם פתאם עשיתי ותבאנה׃
- מדעתי כי קשה אתה וגיד ברזל ערפך ומצחך נחושה׃
- ואגיד לך מאז בטרם תבוא השמעתיך פן־תאמר עצבי עשם ופסלי ונסכי צום׃
- שמעת חזה כלה ואתם הלוא תגידו השמעתיך חדשות מעתה ונצרות ולא ידעתם׃
- עתה נבראו ולא מאז ולפני־יום ולא שמעתם פן־תאמר הנה ידעתין׃
- גם לא־שמעת גם לא ידעת גם מאז לא־פתחה אזנך כי ידעתי בגוד תבגוד ופשע מבטן קרא לך׃
- למען שמי אאריך אפי ותהלתי אחטם־לך לבלתי הכריתך׃
- הנה צרפתיך ולא בכסף בחרתיך בכור עני׃
- למעני למעני אעשה כי איך יחל וכבודי לאחר לא־אתן׃ ס
- שמע אלי יעקב וישראל מקראי אני־הוא אני ראשון אף אני אחרון׃
- אף־ידי יסדה ארץ וימיני טפחה שמים קרא אני אליהם יעמדו יחדו׃
- הקבצו כלכם ושמעו מי בהם הגיד את־אלה יהוה אהבו יעשה חפצו בבבל וזרעו כשדים׃
- אני אני דברתי אף־קראתיו הביאתיו והצליח דרכו׃
- קרבו אלי שמעו־זאת לא מראש בסתר דברתי מעת היותה שם אני ועתה אדני יהוה שלחני ורוחו׃ ף
- כה־אמר יהוה גאלך קדוש ישראל אני יהוה אלהיך מלמדך להועיל מדריךך בדרך תלך׃
- לוא הקשבת למצותי ויהי כנהר שלומך וצדקתך כגלי הים׃
- ויהי כחול זרעך וצאצאי מעיך כמעתיו לא־יכרת ולא־ישמד שמו מלפני׃
- צאו מבבל ברחו מכשדים בקול רנה הגידו השמיעו זאת הוציאוה עד־קצה הארץ אמרו גאל יהוה עבדו יעקב׃
- ולא צמאו בחרבות הוליכם מים מצור הזיל למו ויבקע־צור ויזבו מים׃
- אין שלום אמר יהוה לרשעים׃ ס
|Isaiah 48 Text (Latin)
- Audite hæc, domus Jacob, qui vocamini nomine Israël, et de aquis Juda existis, qui juratis in nomine Domini, et Dei Israël recordamini non in veritate neque in justitia.
- De civitate enim sancta vocati sunt ; et super Deum Israël constabiliti sunt ; Dominus exercituum nomen ejus.
- Priora ex tunc annuntiavi, et ex ore meo exierunt, et audita feci ea ; repente operatus sum, et venerunt.
- Scivi enim quia durus es tu, et nervus ferreus cervix tua, et frons tua ærea.
- Prædixi tibi ex tunc ; antequam venirent indicavi tibi, ne forte diceres : Idola mea fecerunt hæc ; et sculptilia mea, et conflatilia mandaverunt ista.
- Quæ audisti, vide omnia ; vos autem, num annuntiastis ? Audita feci tibi nova ex tunc, et conservata sunt quæ nescis.
- Nunc creata sunt et non ex tunc ; et ante diem, et non audisti ea, ne forte dicas : Ecce ego cognovi ea.
- Neque audisti, neque cognovisti, neque ex tunc aperta est auris tua ; scio enim quia prævaricans prævaricaberis, et transgressorem ex utero vocavi te.
- Propter nomen meum longe faciam furorem meum ; et laude mea infrenabo te, ne intereas.
- Ecce excoxi te, sed non quasi argentum ; elegi te in camino paupertatis.
- Propter me, propter me faciam, ut non blasphemer ; et gloriam meam alteri non dabo.
- Audi me, Jacob, et Israël, quem ego voco ; ego ipse, ego primus, et ego novissimus.
- Manus quoque mea fundavit terram, et dextera mea mensa est cælos ; ego vocabo eos, et stabunt simul.
- Congregamini, omnes vos, et audite : Quis de eis annuntiavit hæc ? Dominus dilexit eum, faciet voluntatem suam in Babylone, et brachium suum in Chaldæis.
- Ego, ego locutus sum, et vocavi eum ; adduxi eum, et directa est via ejus.
- Accedite ad me et audite hoc : non a principio in abscondito locutus sum, ex tempore antequam fieret, ibi eram ; et nunc Dominus Deus misit me, et spiritus ejus.
- Hæc dicit Dominus, redemptor tuus, Sanctus Israël : Ego Dominus Deus tuus, docens te utilia, gubernans te in via qua ambulas.
- Utinam attendisses mandata mea : facta fuisset sicut flumen pax tua, et justitia tua sicut gurgites maris ;
- et fuisset quasi arena semen tuum, et stirps uteri tui ut lapilli ejus ; non interisset et non fuisset attritum nomen ejus a facie mea.
- Egredimini de Babylone, fugite a Chaldæis, in voce exsultationis annuntiate ; auditum facite hoc, et efferte illud usque ad extrema terræ. Dicite : Redemit Dominus servum suum Jacob.
- Non sitierunt in deserto, cum educeret eos ; aquam de petra produxit eis ; et scidit petram, et fluxerunt aquæ.
- Non est pax impiis, dicit Dominus.
|Isaiah 48 Text (KJV)
- Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the LORD, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness.
- For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The LORD of hosts is his name.
- I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.
- Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass;
- I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them.
- Thou hast heard, see all this; and will not ye declare it? I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them.
- They are created now, and not from the beginning; even before the day when thou heardest them not; lest thou shouldest say, Behold, I knew them.
- Yea, thou heardest not; yea, thou knewest not; yea, from that time that thine ear was not opened: for I knew that thou wouldest deal very treacherously, and wast called a transgressor from the womb.
- For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.
- Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
- For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.
- Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
- Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.
- All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans.
- I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.
- Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
- Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
- O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:
- Thy seed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.
- Go ye forth of Babylon, flee ye from the Chaldeans, with a voice of singing declare ye, tell this, utter it even to the end of the earth; say ye, The LORD hath redeemed his servant Jacob.
- And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out.
- There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.