|Isaiah 27 - Versions
|Isaiah 27 Text (WEB)
- In that day, Yahweh with his hard and great and strong sword will punish leviathan, the fleeing serpent, and leviathan the twisted serpent; and he will kill the dragon that is in the sea.
- In that day, sing to her, "A pleasant vineyard!
- I, Yahweh, am its keeper. I will water it every moment. Lest anyone damage it, I will keep it night and day.
- Wrath is not in me, but if I should find briers and thorns, I would do battle! I would march on them and I would burn them together.
- Or else let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me. Let him make peace with me."
- In days to come, Jacob will take root. Israel will blossom and bud. They will fill the surface of the world with fruit.
- Has he struck them as he struck those who struck them? Or are they killed like those who killed them were killed?
- In measure, when you send them away, you contend with them. He has removed them with his rough blast in the day of the east wind.
- Therefore, by this the iniquity of Jacob will be forgiven, and this is all the fruit of taking away his sin: that he makes all the stones of the altar as chalk stones that are beaten in pieces, so that the Asherim and the incense altars shall rise no more.
- For the fortified city is solitary, a habitation deserted and forsaken, like the wilderness. The calf will feed there, and there he will lie down, and consume its branches.
- When its boughs are withered, they will be broken off. The women will come and set them on fire, for they are a people of no understanding. Therefore he who made them will not have compassion on them, and he who formed them will show them no favor.
- It will happen in that day, that Yahweh will thresh from the flowing stream of the Euphrates to the brook of Egypt; and you will be gathered one by one, children of Israel.
- It will happen in that day that a great trumpet will be blown; and those who were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and those who were outcasts in the land of Egypt, shall come; and they will worship Yahweh in the holy mountain at Jerusalem.
|Isaiah 27 Text (Hebrew)
- ביום ההוא יפקד יהוה בחרבו הקשה והגדולה והחזקה על לויתן נחש ברח ועל לויתן נחש עקלתון והרג את־התנין אשר בים׃ ס
- ביום ההוא כרם חמד ענו־לה׃
- אני יהוה נצרה לרגעים אשקנה פן יפקד עליה לילה ויום אצרנה׃
- חמה אין לי מי־יתנני שמיר שית במלחמה אפשעה בה אציתנה יחד׃
- או יחזק במעוזי יעשה שלום לי שלום יעשה־לי׃
- הבאים ישרש יעקב יציץ ופרח ישראל ומלאו פני־תבל תנובה׃ ס
- הכמכת מכהו הכהו אם־כהרג הרגיו הרג׃
- בסאסאה בשלחה תריבנה הגה ברוחו הקשה ביום קדים׃
- לכן בזאת יכפר עון־יעקב וזה כל־פרי הסר חטאתו בשומו כל־אבני מזבח כאבני־גר מנפצות לא־יקמו אשרים וחמנים׃
- כי עיר בצורה בדד נוה משלח ונעזב כמדבר שם ירעה עגל ושם ירבץ וכלה סעפיה׃
- ביבש קצירה תשברנה נשים באות מאירות אותה כי לא עם־בינות הוא על־כן לא־ירחמנו עשהו ויצרו לא יחננו׃ ס
- והיה ביום ההוא יחבט יהוה משבלת הנהר עד־נחל מצרים ואתם תלקטו לאחד אחד בני ישראל׃ ס
- והיה ביום ההוא יתקע בשופר גדול ובאו האבדים בארץ אשור והנדחים בארץ מצרים והשתחוו ליהוה בהר הקדש בירושלם׃
|Isaiah 27 Text (Latin)
- In die illa visitabit Dominus in gladio suo duro, et grandi, et forti, super Leviathan, serpentem vectem, et super Leviathan, serpentem tortuosum, et occidet cetum qui in mari est.
- In die illa vinea meri cantabit ei.
- Ego Dominus qui servo eam ; repente propinabo ei. Ne forte visitetur contra eam, nocte et die servo eam.
- Indignatio non est mihi. Quis dabit me spinam et veprem in prælio ? gradiar super eam, succendam eam pariter.
- An potius tenebit fortitudinem meam ? faciet pacem mihi, pacem faciet mihi.
- Qui ingrediuntur impetu ad Jacob, florebit et germinabit Israël, et implebunt faciem orbis semine.
- Numquid juxta plagam percutientis se percussit eum ? aut sicut occidit interfectos ejus, sic occisus est ?
- In mensura contra mensuram, cum abjecta fuerit, judicabis eam ; meditatus est in spiritu suo duro per diem æstus.
- Idcirco super hoc dimittetur iniquitas domui Jacob ; et iste omnis fructus : ut auferatur peccatum ejus, cum posuerit omnes lapides altaris sicut lapides cineris allisos : non stabunt luci et delubra.
- Civitas enim munita desolata erit ; speciosa relinquetur, et dimittetur quasi desertum ; ibi pascetur vitulus, et ibi accubabit, et consumet summitates ejus.
- In siccitate messes illius conterentur. Mulieres venientes, et docentes eam ; non est enim populus sapiens : propterea non miserebitur ejus qui fecit eum, et qui formavit eum non parcet ei.
- Et erit : in die illa percutiet Dominus ab alveo fluminis usque ad torrentem Ægypti ; et vos congregabimini unus et unus, filii Israël.
- Et erit : in die illa clangetur in tuba magna ; et venient qui perditi fuerant de terra Assyriorum, et qui ejecti erant in terra Ægypti, et adorabunt Dominum in monte sancto in Jerusalem.
|Isaiah 27 Text (KJV)
- In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.
- In that day sing ye unto her, A vineyard of red wine.
- I the LORD do keep it; I will water it every moment: lest any hurt it, I will keep it night and day.
- Fury is not in me: who would set the briers and thorns against me in battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together.
- Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me.
- He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root: Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit.
- Hath he smitten him, as he smote those that smote him? or is he slain according to the slaughter of them that are slain by him?
- In measure, when it shooteth forth, thou wilt debate with it: he stayeth his rough wind in the day of the east wind.
- By this therefore shall the iniquity of Jacob be purged; and this is all the fruit to take away his sin; when he maketh all the stones of the altar as chalkstones that are beaten in sunder, the groves and images shall not stand up.
- Yet the defenced city shall be desolate, and the habitation forsaken, and left like a wilderness: there shall the calf feed, and there shall he lie down, and consume the branches thereof.
- When the boughs thereof are withered, they shall be broken off: the women come, and set them on fire: for it is a people of no understanding: therefore he that made them will not have mercy on them, and he that formed them will shew them no favour.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Isaiah