Is God Invisible? (JBJ)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is an opinion article from a user of WikiChristian.|
People have seen God
- And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, Jehovah appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
- And Jehovah appeared unto him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.
- Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. And they saw the God of Israel; and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and as it were the very heaven for clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: and they beheld God, and did eat and drink.
- And he said, Hear now my words: if there be a prophet among you, I Jehovah will make myself known unto him in a vision, I will speak with him in a dream. My servant Moses is not so; he is faithful in all my house: with him will I speak mouth to mouth, even manifestly, and not in dark speeches; and the form of Jehovah shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant, against Moses?
- And when he was cast out, Pharaoh’s daughter took him up, and nourished him for her own son.
No One has Seen God
- And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for man shall not see me and live.
- No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- And the Father that sent me, he hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his form.
- Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he that is from God, he hath seen the Father.
1 Timothy 6:15-16
- Which in its own times he shall show, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen.
Has God been seen or not? Does this mean God is material?
- Has anyone seen God or not? Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry
Return to Apologetics