|Hosea 8 - Versions
|Hosea 8 Text (WEB)
- "Put the trumpet to your lips! Something like an eagle is over Yahweh's house, because they have broken my covenant, and rebelled against my law.
- They cry to me, 'My God, we Israel acknowledge you!'
- Israel has cast off that which is good. The enemy will pursue him.
- They have set up kings, but not by me. They have made princes, and I didn't approve. Of their silver and their gold they have made themselves idols, that they may be cut off.
- Let Samaria throw out his calf idol! My anger burns against them! How long will it be until they are capable of purity?
- For this is even from Israel! The workman made it, and it is no God; indeed, the calf of Samaria shall be broken in pieces.
- For they sow the wind, and they will reap the whirlwind. He has no standing grain. The stalk will yield no head. If it does yield, strangers will swallow it up.
- Israel is swallowed up. Now they are among the nations like a worthless thing.
- For they have gone up to Assyria, like a wild donkey wandering alone. Ephraim has hired lovers for himself.
- But although they sold themselves among the nations, I will now gather them; and they begin to waste away because of the oppression of the king of mighty ones.
- Because Ephraim has multiplied altars for sinning, they became for him altars for sinning.
- I wrote for him the many things of my law; but they were regarded as a strange thing.
- As for the sacrifices of my offerings, they sacrifice flesh and eat it; But Yahweh doesn't accept them. Now he will remember their iniquity, and punish their sins. They will return to Egypt.
- For Israel has forgotten his Maker and built palaces; and Judah has multiplied fortified cities; but I will send a fire on his cities, and it will devour its fortresses."
|Hosea 8 Text (Hebrew)
- אל־חךך שפר כנשר על־בית יהוה יען עברו בריתי ועל־תורתי פשעו׃
- לי יזעקו אלהי ידענוך ישראל׃
- זנח ישראל טוב אויב ירדפו׃
- הם המליכו ולא ממני השירו ולא ידעתי כספם וזהבם עשו להם עצבים למען יכרת׃
- זנח עגלך שמרון חרה אפי בם עד־מתי לא יוכלו נקין׃
- כי מישראל והוא חרש עשהו ולא אלהים הוא כי־שבבים יהיה עגל שמרון׃
- כי רוח יזרעו וסופתה יקצרו קמה אין־לו צמח בלי יעשה־קמח אולי יעשה זרים יבלעהו׃
- נבלע ישראל עתה היו בגוים ככלי אין־חפץ בו׃
- כי־המה עלו אשור פרא בודד לו אפרים התנו אהבים׃
- גם כי־יתנו בגוים עתה אקבצם ויחלו מעט ממשא מלך שרים׃
- כי־הרבה אפרים מזבחת לחטא היו־לו מזבחות לחטא׃
- ־לו תורתי כמו־זר נחשבו׃
- זבחי הבהבי יזבחו בשר ויאכלו יהוה לא רצם עתה יזכר עונם ויפקד חטאותם המה מצרים ישובו׃
- וישכח ישראל את־עשהו ויבן היכלות ויהודה הרבה ערים בצרות ושלחתי־אש בעריו ואכלה ארמנתיה׃ ס
|Hosea 8 Text (Latin)
- In gutture tuo sit tuba quasi aquila super domum Domini, pro eo quod transgressi sunt fœdus meum, et legem meam prævaricati sunt.
- Me invocabunt : Deus meus, cognovimus te Israël.
- Projecit Israël bonum : inimicus persequetur eum.
- Ipsi regnaverunt, et non ex me ; principes exstiterunt, et non cognovi : argentum suum et aurum suum fecerunt sibi idola, ut interirent.
- Projectus est vitulus tuus, Samaria ; iratus est furor meus in eos. Usquequo non poterunt emundari ?
- Quia ex Israël et ipse est : artifex fecit illum, et non est Deus ; quoniam in aranearum telas erit vitulus Samariæ.
- Quia ventum seminabunt, et turbinem metent : culmus stans non est in eo ; germen non faciet farinam : quod etsi fecerit, alieni comedent eam.
- Devoratus est Israël ; nunc factus est in nationibus quasi vas immundum.
- Quia ipsi ascenderunt ad Assur, onager solitarius sibi ; Ephraim munera dederunt amatoribus.
- Sed et cum mercede conduxerint nationes, nunc congregabo eos, et quiescent paulisper ab onere regis et principum.
- Quia multiplicavit Ephraim altaria ad peccandum ; factæ sunt ei aræ in delictum.
- Scribam ei multiplices leges meas, quæ velut alienæ computatæ sunt.
- Hostias offerent, immolabunt carnes et comedent, et Dominus non suscipiet eas : nunc recordabitur iniquitatis eorum, et visitabit peccata eorum : ipsi in Ægyptum convertentur.
- Et oblitus est Israël factoris sui, et ædificavit delubra ; et Judas multiplicavit urbes munitas ; et mittam ignem in civitates ejus, et devorabit ædes illius.
|Hosea 8 Text (KJV)
- Set the trumpet to thy mouth. He shall come as an eagle against the house of the LORD, because they have transgressed my covenant, and trespassed against my law.
- Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee.
- Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him.
- They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.
- Thy calf, O Samaria, hath cast thee off; mine anger is kindled against them: how long will it be ere they attain to innocency?
- For from Israel was it also: the workman made it; therefore it is not God: but the calf of Samaria shall be broken in pieces.
- For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
- Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.
- For they are gone up to Assyria, a wild ass alone by himself: Ephraim hath hired lovers.
- Yea, though they have hired among the nations, now will I gather them, and they shall sorrow a little for the burden of the king of princes.
- Because Ephraim hath made many altars to sin, altars shall be unto him to sin.
- I have written to him the great things of my law, but they were counted as a strange thing.
- They sacrifice flesh for the sacrifices of mine offerings, and eat it; but the LORD accepteth them not; now will he remember their iniquity, and visit their sins: they shall return to Egypt.
- For Israel hath forgotten his Maker, and buildeth temples; and Judah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Hosea