|Hosea 2 - Versions
|Hosea 2 Text (WEB)
- "Say to your brothers, 'My people!' and to your sisters, 'My loved one!'
- Contend with your mother! Contend, for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband; and let her put away her prostitution from her face, and her adulteries from between her breasts;
- Lest I strip her naked, and make her bare as in the day that she was born, and make her like a wilderness, and set her like a dry land, and kill her with thirst.
- Indeed, on her children I will have no mercy; for they are children of unfaithfulness;
- For their mother has played the prostitute. She who conceived them has done shamefully; for she said, 'I will go after my lovers, who give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.'
- Therefore, behold, I will hedge up your way with thorns, and I will build a wall against her, that she can't find her way.
- She will follow after her lovers, but she won't overtake them; and she will seek them, but won't find them. Then she will say, 'I will go and return to my first husband; for then was it better with me than now.'
- For she did not know that I gave her the grain, the new wine, and the oil, and multiplied to her silver and gold, which they used for Baal.
- Therefore I will take back my grain in its time, and my new wine in its season, and will pluck away my wool and my flax which should have covered her nakedness.
- Now I will uncover her lewdness in the sight of her lovers, and no one will deliver her out of my hand.
- I will also cause all her celebrations to cease: her feasts, her new moons, her Sabbaths, and all her solemn assemblies.
- I will lay waste her vines and her fig trees, about which she has said, 'These are my wages that my lovers have given me; and I will make them a forest,' and the animals of the field shall eat them.
- I will visit on her the days of the Baals, to which she burned incense, when she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and went after her lovers, and forgot me," says Yahweh.
- "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her.
- I will give her vineyards from there, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope; and she will respond there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
- It will be in that day," says Yahweh, "that you will call me 'my husband,' and no longer call me 'my master.'
- For I will take away the names of the Baals out of her mouth, and they will no longer be mentioned by name.
- In that day I will make a covenant for them with the animals of the field, and with the birds of the sky, and with the creeping things of the ground. I will break the bow, the sword, and the battle out of the land, and will make them lie down safely.
- I will betroth you to me forever. Yes, I will betroth you to me in righteousness, in justice, in loving kindness, and in compassion.
- I will even betroth you to me in faithfulness; and you shall know Yahweh.
- It will happen in that day, I will respond," says Yahweh, "I will respond to the heavens, and they will respond to the earth;
- and the earth will respond to the grain, and the new wine, and the oil; and they will respond to Jezreel.
- I will sow her to me in the earth; and I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; and I will tell those who were not my people, 'You are my people;' and they will say, 'My God!'"
|Hosea 2 Text (Hebrew)
- אמרו לאחיכם עמי ולאחותיכם רחמה׃
- ריבו באםכם ריבו כי־היא לא אשתי ואנכי לא אישה ותסר זנוניה מפניה ונאפופיה מבין שדיה׃
- פן־אפשיטנה ערמה והצגתיה כיום הולדה ושמתיה כמדבר ושתה כארץ ציה והמתיה בצמא׃
- ואת־בניה לא ארחם כי־בני זנונים המה׃
- כי זנתה אםם הבישה הורתם כי אמרה אלכה אחרי מאהבי נתני לחמי ומימי צמרי ופשתי שמני ושקויי׃
- לכן הנני־שך את־דרךך בסירים וגדרתי את־גדרה ונתיבותיה לא תמצא׃
- ורדפה את־מאהביה ולא־תשיג אתם ובקשתם ולא תמצא ואמרה אלכה ואשובה אל־אישי הראשון כי טוב לי אז מעתה׃
- והיא לא ידעה כי אנכי נתתי לה הדגן והתירוש והיצהר וכסף הרביתי לה וזהב עשו לבעל׃
- לכן אשוב ולקחתי דגני בעתו ותירושי במועדו והצלתי צמרי ופשתי לכסות את־ערותה׃
- ועתה אגלה את־נבלתה לעיני מאהביה ואיש לא־יצילנה מידי׃
- והשבתי כל־משושה חגה חדשה ושבתה וכל מועדה׃
- והשמתי גפנה ותאנתה אשר אמרה אתנה המה לי אשר נתנו־לי מאהבי ושמתים ליער ואכלתם חית השדה׃
- ופקדתי עליה את־ימי הבעלים אשר תקטיר להם ותעד נזמה וחליתה ותלך אחרי מאהביה ואתי שכחה נאם־יהוה׃ ף
- לכן הנה אנכי מפתיה והלכתיה המדבר ודברתי על־לבה׃
- ונתתי לה את־כרמיה משם ואת־עמק עכור לפתח תקוה וענתה שמה כימי נעוריה וכיום עלתה מארץ־מצרים׃ ס
- והיה ביום־ההוא נאם־יהוה תקראי אישי ולא־תקראי־לי עוד בעלי׃
- והסרתי את־שמות הבעלים מפיה ולא־יזכרו עוד בשםם׃
- וכרתי להם ברית ביום ההוא עם־חית השדה ועם־עוף השמים ורמש האדמה וקשת וחרב ומלחמה אשבור מן־הארץ והשכבתים לבטח׃
- וארשתיך לי לעולם וארשתיך לי בצדק ובמשפט ובחסד וברחמים׃
- וארשתיך לי באמונה וידעת את־יהוה׃ ס
- והיה ביום ההוא אענה נאם־יהוה אענה את־השמים והם יענו את־הארץ׃
- והארץ תענה את־הדגן ואת־התירוש ואת־היצהר והם יענו את־יזרעאל׃
- וזרעתיה לי בארץ ורחמתי את־לא רחמה ואמרתי ללא־עמי עמי־אתה והוא יאמר אלהי׃ ף
|Hosea 2 Text (Latin)
- Dicite fratribus vestris : Populus meus ; et sorori vestræ : Misericordiam consecuta.
- Judicate matrem vestram, judicate, quoniam ipsa non uxor mea, et ego non vir ejus. Auferat fornicationes suas a facie sua, et adulteria sua de medio uberum suorum ;
- ne forte expoliem eam nudam, et statuam eam secundum diem nativitatis suæ, et ponam eam quasi solitudinem, et statuam eam velut terram inviam, et interficiam eam siti.
- Et filiorum illius non miserebor, quoniam filii fornicationum sunt.
- Quia fornicata est mater eorum, confusa est quæ concepit eos ; quia dixit : Vadam post amatores meos, qui dant panes mihi, et aquas meas, lanam meam, et linum meum, oleum meum, et potum meum.
- Propter hoc ecce ego sepiam viam tuam spinis, et sepiam eam maceria, et semitas suas non inveniet.
- Et sequetur amatores suos, et non apprehendet eos ; et quæret eos, et non inveniet : et dicet : Vadam, et revertar ad virum meum priorem, quia bene mihi erat tunc magis quam nunc.
- Et hæc nescivit, quia ego dedi ei frumentum, et vinum, et oleum, et argentum multiplicavi ei, et aurum, quæ fecerunt Baal.
- Idcirco convertar, et sumam frumentum meum in tempore suo, et vinum meum in tempore suo. Et liberabo lanam meam et linum meum, quæ operiebant ignominiam ejus.
- Et nunc revelabo stultitiam ejus in oculis amatorum ejus ; et vir non eruet eam de manu mea ;
- et cessare faciam omne gaudium ejus, solemnitatem ejus, neomeniam ejus, sabbatum ejus, et omnia festa tempora ejus.
- Et corrumpam vineam ejus, et ficum ejus, de quibus dixit : Mercedes hæ meæ sunt, quas dederunt mihi amatores mei ; et ponam eam in saltum, et comedet eam bestia agri.
- Et visitabo super eam dies Baalim, quibus accendebat incensum, et ornabatur in aure sua, et monili suo. Et ibat post amatores suos, et mei obliviscebatur, dicit Dominus.
- Propter hoc ecce ego lactabo eam, et ducam eam in solitudinem, et loquar ad cor ejus.
- Et dabo ei vinitores ejus ex eodem loco, et vallem Achor, ad aperiendam spem ; et canet ibi juxta dies juventutis suæ, et juxta dies ascensionis suæ de terra Ægypti.
- Et erit in die illa, ait Dominus : vocabit me, Vir meus, et non vocabit me ultra Baali.
- Et auferam nomina Baalim de ore ejus, et non recordabitur ultra nominis eorum.
- Et percutiam cum eis fœdus in die illa, cum bestia agri, et cum volucre cæli, et cum reptili terræ ; et arcum, et gladium, et bellum conteram de terra, et dormire eos faciam fiducialiter.
- Et sponsabo te mihi in sempiternum ; et sponsabo te mihi in justitia, et judicio, et in misericordia, et in miserationibus.
- Et sponsabo te mihi in fide ; et scies quia ego Dominus.
- Et erit in die illa : exaudiam, dicit Dominus, exaudiam cælos, et illi exaudient terram.
- Et terra exaudiet triticum, et vinum, et oleum, et hæc exaudient Jezrahel.
- Et seminabo eam mihi in terra, et miserebor ejus quæ fuit Absque misericordia.
|Hosea 2 Text (KJV)
- Say ye unto your brethren, Ammi; and to your sisters, Ru-hamah.
- Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: let her therefore put away her whoredoms out of her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts;
- Lest I strip her naked, and set her as in the day that she was born, and make her as a wilderness, and set her like a dry land, and slay her with thirst.
- And I will not have mercy upon her children; for they be the children of whoredoms.
- For their mother hath played the harlot: she that conceived them hath done shamefully: for she said, I will go after my lovers, that give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, mine oil and my drink.
- Therefore, behold, I will hedge up thy way with thorns, and make a wall, that she shall not find her paths.
- And she shall follow after her lovers, but she shall not overtake them; and she shall seek them, but shall not find them: then shall she say, I will go and return to my first husband; for then was it better with me than now.
- For she did not know that I gave her corn, and wine, and oil, and multiplied her silver and gold, which they prepared for Baal.
- Therefore will I return, and take away my corn in the time thereof, and my wine in the season thereof, and will recover my wool and my flax given to cover her nakedness.
- And now will I discover her lewdness in the sight of her lovers, and none shall deliver her out of mine hand.
- I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.
- And I will destroy her vines and her fig trees, whereof she hath said, These are my rewards that my lovers have given me: and I will make them a forest, and the beasts of the field shall eat them.
- And I will visit upon her the days of Baalim, wherein she burned incense to them, and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the LORD.
- Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.
- And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
- And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.
- For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
- And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.
- And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
- I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;
- And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
- And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.