Holy Communion (non-denominational service order)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Father, in your infinite love you made us for yourself; and, when we had fallen into sin and become subject to evil and death, you, in your mercy, sent Jesus Christ, your only and eternal Son, to share our human nature, to live and die as one of us, to reconcile us to you, the God and Father of all.
- He stretched out his arms upon the cross, and offered himself, in obedience to your will, a perfect sacrifice for the whole world.
- On the night he was handed over to suffering and death, our Lord Jesus Christ took bread; and when he had given thanks to you, he broke it, and gave it to his disciples, and said, “Take, eat: This is my Body, which is given for you. Do this for the remembrance of me.”
- After supper he took the cup of wine; and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, and said, “Drink this, all of you: This is my Blood of the new Covenant, which is shed for you and for many for the forgiveness of sins. Whenever you drink it, do this for the remembrance of me.”
- Therefore we proclaim the mystery of faith: Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ will come again. Amen
The bread and wine
- Take and eat this bread in remembrance that Christ died for you, and feed on him in your hearts by faith, with thanksgiving.
- Drink this wine in remembrance of Christ’s blood that was shed for you.
- Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted us as living members of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have fed us with spiritual food. Send us now into the world in peace, and grant us strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness of heart, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Return to Holy Communion