|Genesis 49 - Versions
|Genesis 49 Text (WEB)
- Jacob called to his sons, and said: "Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which will happen to you in the days to come.
- Assemble yourselves, and hear, you sons of Jacob. Listen to Israel, your father.
- "Reuben, you are my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength; excelling in dignity, and excelling in power.
- Boiling over as water, you shall not excel; because you went up to your father's bed, then defiled it. He went up to my couch.
- "Simeon and Levi are brothers. Their swords are weapons of violence.
- My soul, don't come into their council. My glory, don't be united to their assembly; for in their anger they killed men. In their self-will they hamstrung cattle.
- Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel. I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.
- "Judah, your brothers will praise you. Your hand will be on the neck of your enemies. Your father's sons will bow down before you.
- Judah is a lion's cub. From the prey, my son, you have gone up. He stooped down, he crouched as a lion, as a lioness. Who will rouse him up?
- The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs. To him will the obedience of the peoples be.
- Binding his foal to the vine, his donkey's colt to the choice vine; he has washed his garments in wine, his robes in the blood of grapes.
- His eyes will be red with wine, his teeth white with milk.
- "Zebulun will dwell at the haven of the sea. He will be for a haven of ships. His border will be on Sidon.
- "Issachar is a strong donkey, lying down between the saddlebags.
- He saw a resting place, that it was good, the land, that it was pleasant. He bows his shoulder to the burden, and becomes a servant doing forced labor.
- "Dan will judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
- Dan will be a serpent in the way, an adder in the path, That bites the horse's heels, so that his rider falls backward.
- I have waited for your salvation, Yahweh.
- "A troop will press on Gad, but he will press on their heel.
- "Asher's food will be rich. He will yield royal dainties.
- "Naphtali is a doe set free, who bears beautiful fawns.
- "Joseph is a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine by a spring. His branches run over the wall.
- The archers have severely grieved him, shot at him, and persecute him:
- But his bow remained strong. The arms of his hands were made strong, by the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, (from there is the shepherd, the stone of Israel),
- even by the God of your father, who will help you; by the Almighty, who will bless you, with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lies below, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb.
- The blessings of your father have prevailed above the blessings of your ancestors, above the boundaries of the ancient hills. They will be on the head of Joseph, on the crown of the head of him who is separated from his brothers.
- "Benjamin is a ravenous wolf. In the morning he will devour the prey. At evening he will divide the spoil."
- All these are the twelve tribes of Israel, and this is what their father spoke to them and blessed them. He blessed everyone according to his blessing.
- He instructed them, and said to them, "I am to be gathered to my people. Bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite,
- in the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field from Ephron the Hittite as a burial place.
- There they buried Abraham and Sarah, his wife. There they buried Isaac and Rebekah, his wife, and there I buried Leah:
- the field and the cave that is therein, which was purchased from the children of Heth."
- When Jacob made an end of charging his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the spirit, and was gathered to his people.
|Genesis 49 Text (Hebrew)
- ויקרא יעקב אל־בניו ויאמר האספו ואגידה לכם את אשר־יקרא אתכם באחרית הימים׃
- הקבצו ושמעו בני יעקב ושמעו אל־ישראל אביכם׃
- ראובן בכרי אתה כחי וראשית אוני יתר שאת ויתר עז׃
- פחז כמים אל־תותר כי עלית משכבי אביך אז חללת יצועי עלה׃ ף
- שמעון ולוי אחים כלי חמס מכרתיהם׃
- בסדם אל־תבא נפשי בקהלם אל־תחד כבדי כי באפם הרגו איש וברצנם עקרו־שור׃
- ארור אפם כי עז ועברתם כי קשתה אחלקם ביעקב ואפיצם בישראל׃ ס
- יהודה אתה יודוך אחיך ידך בערף איביך ישתחוו לך בני אביך׃
- גור אריה יהודה מטרף בני עלית כרע רבץ כאריה וכלביא מי יקימנו׃
- לא־יסור שבט מיהודה ומחקק מבין רגליו עד כי־יבא ולו יקהת עמים׃
- אסרי לגפן ולשרקה בני אתנו כבס ביין לבשו ובדם־ענבים ׃
- חכלילי עינים מיין ולבן־שנים מחלב׃ ף
- זבולן לחוף ימים ישכן והוא לחוף אניות וירכתו על־צידן׃ ס
- יששכר חמר גרם רבץ בין המשפתים׃
- וירא מנחה כי טוב ואת־הארץ כי נעמה ויט שכמו לסבל ויהי למס־עבד׃ ס
- דן ידין עמו כאחד שבטי ישראל׃
- יהי־דן נחש עלי־דרך שפיפן עלי־ארח הנשך עקבי־סוס ויפל רכבו אחור׃
- לישועתך קויתי יהוה׃
- גד גדוד יגודנו והוא יגד עקב׃ ס
- מאשר שמנה לחמו והוא יתן מעדני־מלך׃ ס
- נפתלי אילה שלחה הנתן אמרי־שפר׃ ס
- בן פרת יוסף בן פרת עלי־עין בנות צעדה עלי־שור׃
- וימררהו ורבו וישטמהו בעלי חצים׃
- ותשב באיתן קשתו ויפזו זרעי ידיו מידי אביר יעקב משם רעה אבן ישראל׃
- מאל אביך ויעזרך ואת שדי ויברךך ברכת שמים מעל ברכת תהום רבצת תחת ברכת שדים ורחם׃
- ברכת אביך גברו על־ברכת הורי עד־תאות גבעת עולם תהיין לראש יוסף ולקדקד נזיר אחיו׃ ף
- בנימין זאב יטרף בבקר יאכל עד ולערב יחלק שלל׃
- כל־אלה שבטי ישראל שנים עשר וזאת אשר־דבר להם אביהם ויברך אותם איש אשר כברכתו ברך אתם׃
- ויצו אותם ויאמר אלהם אני נאסף אל־עמי קברו אתי אל־אבתי אל־המערה אשר בשדה עפרון החתי׃
- במערה אשר בשדה המכפלה אשר על־פני־ממרא בארץ כנען אשר קנה אברהם את־השדה מאת עפרן החתי לאחזת־קבר׃
- שמה קברו את־אברהם ואת שרה אשתו שמה קברו את־יצחק ואת רבקה אשתו ושמה קברתי את־לאה׃
- מקנה השדה והמערה אשר־בו מאת בני־חת׃
- ויכל יעקב לצות את־בניו ויאסף רגליו אל־המטה ויגוע ויאסף אל־עמיו׃
|Genesis 49 Text (Latin)
- Vocavit autem Jacob filios suos, et ait eis : Congregamini, ut annuntiem quæ ventura sunt vobis in diebus novissimis.
- Congregamini, et audite, filii Jacob, audite Israël patrem vestrum :
- Ruben, primogenitus meus, tu fortitudo mea, et principium doloris mei ; prior in donis, major in imperio.
- Effusus es sicut aqua, non crescas : quia ascendisti cubile patris tui, et maculasti stratum ejus.
- Simeon et Levi fratres vasa iniquitatis bellantia.
- In consilium eorum non veniat anima mea, et in cœtu illorum non sit gloria mea : quia in furore suo occiderunt virum, et in voluntate sua suffoderunt murum.
- Maledictus furor eorum, quia pertinax : et indignatio eorum, quia dura : dividam eos in Jacob, et dispergam eos in Israël.
- Juda, te laudabunt fratres tui : manus tua in cervicibus inimicorum tuorum, adorabunt te filii patris tui.
- Catulus leonis Juda : ad prædam, fili mi, ascendisti : requiescens accubuisti ut leo, et quasi leæna : quis suscitabit eum ?
- Non auferetur sceptrum de Juda, et dux de femore ejus, donec veniat qui mittendus est, et ipse erit expectatio gentium.
- Ligans ad vineam pullum suum, et ad vitem, o fili mi, asinam suam, lavabit in vino stolam suam et in sanguine uvæ pallium suum.
- Pulchriores sunt oculi ejus vino, et dentes ejus lacte candidiores.
- Zabulon in littore maris habitabit, et in statione navium pertingens usque ad Sidonem.
- Issachar asinus fortis accubans inter terminos.
- Vidit requiem, quod esset bona et terram, quod optima : et supposuit humerum suum ad portandum, factusque est tributis serviens.
- Dan judicabit populum suum sicut et alia tribus in Israël.
- Fiat Dan coluber in via, cerastes in semita, mordens ungulas equi, ut cadat ascensor ejus retro.
- Salutare tuum expectabo, Domine.
- Gad, accinctus præliabatur ante eum : et ipse accingetur retrorsum.
- Aser, pinguis panis ejus, et præbebit delicias regibus.
- Nephthali, cervus emissus, et dans eloquia pulchritudinis.
- Filius accrescens Joseph, filius accrescens et decorus aspectu : filiæ discurrerunt super murum.
- Sed exasperaverunt eum et jurgati sunt, invideruntque illi habentes jacula.
- Sedit in forti arcus ejus, et dissoluta sunt vincula brachiorum et manuum illius per manus potentis Jacob : inde pastor egressus est, lapis Israël.
- Deus patris tui erit adjutor tuus, et omnipotens benedicet tibi benedictionibus cæli desuper, benedictionibus abyssi jacentis deorsum, benedictionibus uberum et vulvæ.
- Benedictiones patris tui confortatæ sunt benedictionibus patrum ejus, donec veniret desiderium collium æternorum : fiant in capite Joseph, et in vertice Nazaræi inter fratres suos.
- Benjamin lupus rapax, mane comedat prædam, et vespere dividet spolia.
- Omnes hi in tribubus Israël duodecim : hæc locutus est eis pater suus, benedixitque singulis benedictionibus propriis.
- Et præcepit eis, dicens : Ego congregor ad populum meum : sepelite me cum patribus meis in spelunca duplici quæ est in agro Ephron Hethæi,
- contra Mambre in terra Chanaan, quam emit Abraham cum agro ab Ephron Hethæo in possessionem sepulchri.
- Ibi sepelierunt eum, et Saram uxorem ejus : ibi sepultus est Isaac cum Rebecca conjuge sua : ibi et Lia condita jacet.
- Latin:Genesis 49:32
- Finitisque mandatis quibus filios instruebat, collegit pedes suos super lectulum, et obiit : appositusque est ad populum suum.
|Genesis 49 Text (KJV)
- And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
- Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.
- Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:
- Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father's bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch.
- Simeon and Levi are brethren; instruments of cruelty are in their habitations.
- O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their selfwill they digged down a wall.
- Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel: I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.
- Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee.
- Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?
- The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
- Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:
- His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.
- Zebulun shall dwell at the haven of the sea; and he shall be for an haven of ships; and his border shall be unto Zidon.
- Issachar is a strong ass couching down between two burdens:
- And he saw that rest was good, and the land that it was pleasant; and bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant unto tribute.
- Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.
- Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.
- I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD.
- Gad, a troop shall overcome him: but he shall overcome at the last.
- Out of Asher his bread shall be fat, and he shall yield royal dainties.
- Naphtali is a hind let loose: he giveth goodly words.
- Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:
- The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him:
- But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)
- Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:
- The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.
- Benjamin shall ravin as a wolf: in the morning he shall devour the prey, and at night he shall divide the spoil.
- All these are the twelve tribes of Israel: and this is it that their father spake unto them, and blessed them; every one according to his blessing he blessed them.
- And he charged them, and said unto them, I am to be gathered unto my people: bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite,
- In the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a buryingplace.
- There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife; there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife; and there I buried Leah.
- The purchase of the field and of the cave that is therein was from the children of Heth.
- And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people.