Every person who edits WikiChristian sees this notice on the edit page:
- Please note that all contributions to WikiChristian are considered to be released under the GNU Free Documentation License (see WikiChristian:Copyrights for details). If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here.
- You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION!
This is basically the default MediaWiki copyright notice.
What should this notice say? Some wiki mention
- "Please cite your sources so others can check your work.".
- "By submitting your work you promise you wrote it yourself, or copied it from public domain resources — this does not include most web pages."
about the GNU FDL
There are many other websites and wiki that have excellent explanations of the GNU FDL. Rather than write yet another mediocre description, I'll try to summarize with a few links.
- The official version of the GNU FDL is at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html .
- The terms of the FDL apparently require a copy of it in every work covered by it. Since WikiChristian is covered by it, it has a local copy (at GNU FDL).
- There is a simplified "translation" of the GNU FDL.