I had some spare time and the inclination today to do some editing. :) Is there any way you are able to remove the error from the .htm files that are being used as a source for those pages? The error with the mispelled Mathew exist in these files too, so in their current state they are going to be adding to the workload in terms of editing out the spelling error before pasting the content into the articles. This is more of a 'spurt' of activity for me, so there is no real rush for any of this to occur. --Mustaphile 18:23, 20 April 2006 (EDT)
Yes, it is possible to search replace. I went ahead and changed it in all the pages along with some other changes that may help. However, there may still be a few things such as removing the space below Mathew Henry link etc. may still have to be done manually in order to make it appear better on the page. I will keep trying to see if we could do that in an easier way. I uploaded the new updated files.
- 1 I've noticed something strange
- 2 Thanks
- 3 Happy to Help
- 4 Added new sysop
- 5 user permissions
- 6 username blacklist
- 7 Shorter URLs
- 8 New server
- 9 Sysop Request
- 10 Images
- 11 Good work
- 12 to: Prab
- 13 vandal
- 14 Love the video ability
- 15 New MediaWiki Extension (video-wiki)
- 16 New Dude
- 17 New logo
- 18 Thumbnails
- 19 Re:New Logo
- 20 re: logo
- 21 Logo done
- 22 Prayer of the day
- 23 Extension to add maybe?
I've noticed something strange
The Talk:Main Page was moved by Willy on Wheels and then moved back and then it shows me as moving Talk:Main Page to Bitch. I never visited the page on the 11th of May, nor did I move the Talk:Main Page, so I'm curious how the edit history comes to show me as making the move. It's a mystery. I thought perhaps someone might have cracked my account, but my password is definitely not a weak password. It's most disconcerting.
- (cur) (last) 03:04, 11 May 2006 MustaphiIe m (Talk:Main Page moved to Bitch)
- (cur) (last) 18:58, 19 April 2006 Muser m (Talk:Main Page on Wheels moved to Talk:Main Page)
- (cur) (last) 03:47, 19 April 2006 Willy on Wheels m (Talk:Main Page moved to Talk:Main Page on
Ah I see now. I think it is someone who has signed up with my name but is using a capital 'I' for Idiot, instead of an lower case 'l' for larry. I noticed this as I was editing this message. :) --Mustaphile 02:17, 12 May 2006 (PDT)
Thanks for sorting out the Birmingham page i was really tired so i went to bed before finishing it... I live in Birmingham so if you think of anything that you cannot find out easily that i could ask the archbishop myself or somehting else jsut say :-)
God bless Anton.
Happy to Help
I am happy to help in this worthy project. I would sure think of you when I am in Birmingham and you are welcome to visit us when in Philadelphia. God Bless.
--Prab 15:39, 15 May 2006 (PDT)
Added new sysop
I've added user Ymmotrojam to the list of sysops. I assume thats ok to do. --Mustaphile 22:50, 19 May 2006 (PDT)
- I'd be supportive of this restriction. The latest vandalism would be resolved quite effectively with this one measure. --Mustaphile 01:39, 1 June 2006 (PDT)
- As a fellow wiki admin, I'd almost want to make wikichristian over again from scratch, starting off with the latest version of mediawiki, and the latest spam protection measures... I can't imagine how junked up the database must be with all the spam it has gotten, and I'm not entirely surprised that the site has had corruption errors in the past. You could even save the 'user' table in the database so that people don't have to re-register. That's just me though... File:Big grin.gif
--Tom 02:08, 1 June 2006 (PDT)
- I agree that we should restrict the ability of the users to move the pages. The mediawiki version we are using is pretty recent and we do use spam protection measures such as wordpress. However, it is a constant process and we will have to keep upto date with the latest antispam features.
--Prab 03:05, 14 June 2006 (PDT)
- I've been distracted for a couple of weeks now, as I am on vacation in the U.S.. I've popped back in to see how things are going and the 'move pages' problem is still there. I don't have the time to go through it all in detail at the moment, so I hope someone else can pick up the slack and fix the latest vandalism. I'll be more active when I get back from my vacation. --Mustaphile 20:14, 23 June 2006 (PDT)
I am wondering if you know how to restrict the move. I know it could be done and there must be a wikipedia page somewhere detailing the process. Please let me know if you find it.
--Prab 06:20, 2 July 2006 (PDT)
- Checkout the Main Talk page. It'll say there how to do it. --Tom 16:58, 13 July 2006 (PDT)
Thanks Tom, I went ahead and changed the settings so that the move is restricted. --Prab 20:32, 13 July 2006 (PDT)
I would highly recommend that you install the username blacklist extension and the user creation log etension. Sorry, can't remember where I got the latter from, just google it. The user creation log shows in Special:Recentchanges when someone registers, and the username blacklist can help stop repeat spammers from registring that use a certain pattern in their username. --Tom 07:57, 15 July 2006 (PDT)
I've made this same comment over at Graham's talk page, but I just realized that you're probably the more technically-able person to suggest this to: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Eliminating_index.php_from_the_url --J. J. 18:50, 26 July 2006 (PDT)
Thanks Prab (and Tom) for all your work on the server upgrade. --Graham grove 21:50, 6 October 2006 (EST)
Hey, Prab! I just recently found this Wiki a few minutes ago, and it looks pretty cool! I've just started working on the this other Christian Wiki a few days ago, and there was a link there to this one. I noticed you guys have over forty thousand articles, with many new ones coming in day after day. That's more than the other website can say, that's for sure. I also noticed that you have only 12 admins currently, so I'd like to volunteer to help out and become number 13. I'm a major contributer to Wikipedia (I've only been there two months, but I have over 1,000 edits), and I'll really put in some effort here as well. I have a lot of free time during the day (since I'm homeschooled), so I could be around a lot. Being a sysop would help me contribute more here (by clearing up vandals and vandalism, and by editing protected pages that need some cleanup). Although I'm not an admin on Wikipedia, I can assure you I know all about policy and what admins do. I'm a very trustworthy Christian (Non-Denominational Protestant); if you need proof of it, just see my Wikipedia userpage. I know I don't have much edits here yet, but that will soon change!
- The only thing that I disagree with on your Wikipedia user page is the userbox that says that Evolution and Christianity don't have to conflict. Now that may be very true of modern Christianity, but that does not reflect the Bible. Other than that, I don't have a problem with you being a sysop. I would make a note though that right now WikiChristian's statistics are very misleading. It has many articles, but most are not categorized and there are thousands of very small articles that only contain verses. Checkout this discussion here about it: Wikichristian:Village pump#statistics are misleading --Tom 14:43, 21 October 2006 (EST)
- Thanks for your support on my sysop request. Just to be clear, I don't believe in Evolution. I just don't discount its possibilty, that's all. I noticed that you requested adminship on the Christianity Knowledge Base wiki; so have I. Actually, I set up the entire "Requests for Adminship" page there, and mered yours and my nomination to it. You currently have two support votes (one from me and the other from Archola, the site's bureaucrat), and no oppose or neutral votes. I don't have any votes as of yet, and I'd really appreciate your support for me over there, too. Thanks again!
- Regarding the issue of evolution. I think we should be happy to let there be differences of opinion regarding this. Just so long as people believe that Christ is their personal saviour, then the rest, although important, is not essential. Plenty of Christians believe that the Genesis account isn't literally 7 days, but that each day refers to a long period of time - in fact, this is by far the majority view of Christians in Australia - things might be different in America. So I think so long as people have accepted Jesus as their Lord who saved them from their sin, then we should be happy to accept varying beliefs for other issues in sysops. --Graham grove 22:18, 21 October 2006 (EST)
- Hey, Graham! Thanks for your support of me being a sysop. I agree with you in that it would be a good thing for admins to have varying beliefs, as long as they all accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. Both you and Tom seem to want me to help out as an admin, yet nobody's promoted me yet; is this because you need permission from Prab first?
- Prab is indeed the boss of the site. He's a fantastic guy, who is very easy going and laid back and so I'm sure he'd be happy to have you as a sysop. Good luck. I look forward to you helping out, in particular, creating new content to help the site grow is size and usefulness - take a look at the Wikichristian:Priority Pages.
- Thanks for the sysop access, Graham. I'll go through that list and see what I can do. I've already done a few things; some spelling and grammar fixes, and a couple of merges. I think I'll try and create some templates, too. Is there a welcome template in place? -- P.B. Pilhet / Talk 11:29, 22 October 2006 (EST)
- Thanks guys for the compliments but please let me make it clear that I am but one of the contributors/admins and I do not see myself as the boss! We are happy to have a great community here at wikichristian even though none of us meat each other physically! And let me welcome P.B. Pilhet to the wikichristian community. --Prab 20:27, 26 October 2006 (EST)
- I am sorry I was busy lately and did not get back earlier. I am glad Graham took care of the issue and I am glad to have you as our sysop P.B. Philet. As per godaddy server, I use them for the domain but not for the server. I use Globat.com for our server for a few of our sites and wikichristian is hosted on aplus.net. It depends on what your needs are but I like the control panel and the support of globat for my commercial sites. Thanks and Welcome once again to wikichristian. --Prab 13:47, 21 December 2006 (EST)
Hi Prab. Thanks for fixing the images problem. Hope your holiday was good by the way. Just a quick note to say that the thumbnails aren't working for any newly uploaded pictures. See Church history for an example. --Graham grove 19:37, 25 June 2007 (EST)
Brilliant. Thanks Prab for fixing the images. You're doing a fantastic job running the site, fixing all the problems. God bless, --Graham grove 18:12, 4 July 2007 (EST)
I just created a few articles for the wiki http://www.conservapedia.com that just boosted their whole website internet traffic by 150%. I know how to get articles in the #1 and #2 spots for Google. If you want to know how to get articles top ranked by Google please go here: http://www.wikichristian.org/User:Theologian/sandbox2
Let me know if you have any questions. 12:21, 30 November 2007 (EST)
It appears as if you have a vandal. I am speaking of the user Jesuscool who's edits are located here: http://www.wikichristian.org/index.php/Special:Contributions/Jesuscool Theologian 19:23, 23 December 2007 (PST)
Love the video ability
Hi Prab. That was a brilliant idea putting the possibility of embedding videos. I think you've done excellently putting videos into many of the songs we've got on here. Good work!
Something else that I think might be good for WikiChristian is, if it is possible and easy, the addition of the ability to reference. In wikipedia articles can have footnote references by using the command . But this doesn't seem to work in WikiChristian.
Once again, good work. Hope all is well with you and your wife and little one. --Graham grove 00:55, 9 February 2008 (PST)
New MediaWiki Extension (video-wiki)
Hello, My name is Lisa and I support all our Wiki partners here at Kaltura. We have created a new open-source extension to the MediaWiki software, adding wiki- video and rich media functionality. With this extension, any of your users can create collaborative videos, add images, videos and sounds to the collaborative videos created, or edit them using the full-featured online video editor (with full history and versioning similar to the text-wiki). Please let me know if this is of interest and if you need any help in setting up the extension. I have included simple instructions below. Cheers, Lisa
Simple steps for adding the video-wiki extension: 1. Get a Partner ID here: http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/cms/signup 2. Download the Kaltura MediaWiki extension here: sourceforge.net/projects/kaltura/ 3. Add the extension to your site (installation instructions can be found at: http://www.kaltura.com/wiki/index.php/MediaWiki_Extension)
Lisa Bennett l Director of Public Relations & Marketing l (212) 981-3965 l firstname.lastname@example.org l www.kaltura.com l www.kaltura.com/blog/
Robert Murphy from ReformedWord here. Graham G. has invited me over, primarily to help with the Bible implementation. I can envision, no matter what, we're going to want some extension(s) installed. Can you set Graham up with FTP access, so he can change LocalSettings.php and upload the files?
A doc, huh? I'm an ER Ward Clerk at a trauma center (and have been for the last many years).
Philly, huh? Have you heard of Epiphany Fellowship? They are a very vibrant church downtown with their sermons online.
Great site. Hope I can help make it better. --Aquatiki 15:55, 16 July 2008 (PDT)
PS You don't have email enabled on your userpage?
- Hi Robert,
- Welcome to WikiChristian. I hope you find this site interesting and warm to grow and work together in building a free Christian Encyclopedia. I will be happy to install any extensions that might help us improve the wiki here. Which extensions do you have in mind? Also, I will be more than happy to provide Graham with ftp access, if he is familiar with that kind of stuff. Please check with him and if he is interested, ask him to contact me and I will send him the details of the ftp access. I have not heard of Epiphany Fellowship but will check out some time. Actually, we live in the suburbs and rarely go to the downtown area of Philadelphia.
- --Prab 02:19, 18 July 2008 (PDT)
I have a new WikiChristian logo at File:New Logo?.png. It adds transparency, a (in my opinion) better bible, and a drop shadow. Please comment and maybe approve! Darth Stabro 19:13, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for working on the new logo. It looks great. I uploaded it to the server. Also fixed some bugs with the monobook skin that was causing lot of display problems.
Thumbnails when uploading images are not working. Darth Stabro 06:59, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
I think I fixed the thumbnail issue. Let me know if you still have an issue with it. --Prab 18:34, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
I realized it after I posted the comments. Thanks.
Thank you Darth for working it. It looks good. --Prab 08:20, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
Prayer of the day
Extension to add maybe?
- Good idea. --Graham 18:20, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found