User talk:Dr. Johnson C. Philip
Thank you for welcoming the new users. Can you please let the new users know that they still need to be made editors for them to be able to contribute. In order for us to be able to make them editors, we need an email to Prab at [email protected] gmail.com, and Graham at [email protected] au (antispam, remove spaces) with their full name, WikiChristian user ID, email address, city where they are located, a brief testimonial, a contact phone number with area code and country code, and their area of interest. Upon review, we will get back to them via email.
- Dear Dr. Prab,
- thanks for your note. Sure, I will do that. I will add that explanation to the welcome message. At the same time, is it ok if I directly approve an occasional applicant who is personally known to me?
- Also, I am trying to develop a simple guideline that can be given to new editors
Dr Philip, If you know somebody personally, please feel free to provide them editorial rights so they can start contributing but please make sure you have their contact info in case we need them. We truly appreciate your contributions and your welcoming the new users which I think is a brilliant idea. Thank you.
- The welcome message now stands this way:
- Dear Christian Friend,
- Welcome to WikiChristian! I noticed that you recently joined the Wiki as a potential editor. You are welcome to make contributions to this Wiki!! However, your status need to be upgraded to that of an 'Editor' before you can start editing (contributing articles). Here is the next step in that process:
- In order for this Wiki to be able to make you an editor, you need now to send an email to Prab at [email protected] gmail.com, and Graham at [email protected] au (antispam, remove spaces) with their full name, WikiChristian user ID, email address, city where they are located, a brief testimonial, a contact phone number with area code and country code, and their area of interest. Upon review, they will get back to them via email.
- Meanwhile, kindly take some time to study the following article before you start to contribute articles
- We are confident that you will enjoy making contributions to the Wiki. Let us together create the most exhaustive Wiki of use to Christians and by Christians.
- It would be good if you click your username and post an introduction to yourself and your work. This will help everyone on this Wiki to know you and your work better. Also, it is a good idea to keep this page updated with new info that you might want others to know about you.
Hi from India
Hi Dr. Philip,
Sorry, I didn't see your note until I logged in just today. Yes, I am interested in apologetics. When I was active here before, I was trying to create pages for supposed Bible contradictions and troublesome passages with links to websites that answered those issues. Due to life circumstances I'm not sure when I will be fully active with the wiki again, but I would like to be. My goal as far as the apologetics section of the wiki is to have it be a place where people can find an answer to just about any skeptical/critical question about the Bible or Christianity. There are a lot of apologetics websites, but a project like WikiChristian can be used to consolidate those answers into one central place that links to them. Anyway, I was trying to create a scripture index where one could easily look up a particular passage, but the apologetics section could use a topical index as well. I don't know if we could set something up so people could search within the apologetics subsection or not.
My particular interest in apologetics is in answering objections to the morality of God and the Bible and God's nature. I am not a scientist and am not interested in the scientific and historical areas of apologetics (though they are vital as well).
BTW, I believe the protocol is to put messages on people's talk (discussion) pages rather than their user pages. :-)