|Psalm 91 - Versions
|Psalm 91 Text (WEB)
- He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of Yahweh, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust."
- For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the deadly pestilence.
- He will cover you with his feathers. Under his wings you will take refuge. His faithfulness is your shield and rampart.
- You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day;
- nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that wastes at noonday.
- A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you.
- You will only look with your eyes, and see the recompense of the wicked.
- Because you have made Yahweh your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,
- no evil shall happen to you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling.
- For he will put his angels in charge of you, to guard you in all your ways.
- They will bear you up in their hands, so that you won't dash your foot against a stone.
- You will tread on the lion and cobra. You will trample the young lion and the serpent underfoot.
- "Because he has set his love on me, therefore I will deliver him. I will set him on high, because he has known my name.
- He will call on me, and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him, and honor him.
- I will satisfy him with long life, and show him my salvation." A Psalm. A song for the Sabbath day.
|Psalm 91 Text (Hebrew)
- ישב בסתר עליון בצל שדי יתלוןן׃
- אמר ליהוה מחסי ומצודתי אלהי אבטח־בו׃
- כי הוא יצילך מפח יקוש מדבר הוות׃
- באברתו יסך לך ותחת־כנפיו תחסה צנה וסחרה אמתו׃
- לא־תירא מפחד לילה מחץ יעוף יוםם׃
- מדבר באפל יהלך מקטב ישוד צהרים׃
- יפל מצדך אלף ורבבה מימינך אליך לא יגש׃
- רק בעיניך תביט ושלמת רשעים תראה׃
- כי־אתה יהוה מחסי עליון שמת מעונך׃
- לא־תאנה אליך רעה ונגע לא־יקרב באהלך׃
- כי מלאכיו יצוה־לך לשמרך בכל־דרכיך׃
- על־כפים ישאונך פן־תגף באבן רגלך׃
- על־שחל ופתן תדרך תרמס כפיר ותנין׃
- כי בי חשק ואפלטהו אשגבהו כי־ידע שמי׃
- יקראני ואענהו עמו־אנכי בצרה אחלצהו ואכבדהו׃
- ארך ימים אשביעהו ואראהו בישועתי׃
|Psalm 91 Text (Latin)
- Laus cantici David. Qui habitat in adjutorio Altissimi, in protectione Dei cæli commorabitur.
- Dicet Domino : Susceptor meus es tu et refugium meum ; Deus meus, sperabo in eum.
- Quoniam ipse liberavit me de laqueo venantium, et a verbo aspero.
- Scapulis suis obumbrabit tibi, et sub pennis ejus sperabis.
- Scuto circumdabit te veritas ejus : non timebis a timore nocturno ;
- a sagitta volante in die, a negotio perambulante in tenebris, ab incursu, et dæmonio meridiano.
- Cadent a latere tuo mille, et decem millia a dextris tuis ; ad te autem non appropinquabit.
- Verumtamen oculis tuis considerabis et retributionem peccatorum videbis.
- Quoniam tu es, Domine, spes mea ; Altissimum posuisti refugium tuum.
- Non accedet ad te malum, et flagellum non appropinquabit tabernaculo tuo.
- Quoniam angelis suis mandavit de te, ut custodiant te in omnibus viis tuis.
- In manibus portabunt te, ne forte offendas ad lapidem pedem tuum.
- Super aspidem et basiliscum ambulabis, et conculcabis leonem et draconem.
- Quoniam in me speravit, liberabo eum ; protegam eum, quoniam cognovit nomen meum.
- Clamabit ad me, et ego exaudiam eum ; cum ipso sum in tribulatione ; eripiam eum, et glorificabo eum.
- Longitudine dierum replebo eum, et ostendam illi salutare meum.
|Psalm 91 Text (KJV)
- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
- Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
- He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
- Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
- Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
- There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
- For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
- They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
- Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
- With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm