| Psalm 7 - Versions
| Psalm 7 Text (WEB)
- Yahweh, my God, I take refuge in you. Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,
- lest they tear apart my soul like a lion, ripping it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
- Yahweh, my God, if I have done this, if there is iniquity in my hands,
- if I have rewarded evil to him who was at peace with me (yes, if I have delivered him who without cause was my adversary),
- let the enemy pursue my soul, and overtake it; yes, let him tread my life down to the earth, and lay my glory in the dust. Selah.
- Arise, Yahweh, in your anger. Lift up yourself against the rage of my adversaries. Awake for me. You have commanded judgment.
- Let the congregation of the peoples surround you. Rule over them on high.
- Yahweh administers judgment to the peoples. Judge me, Yahweh, according to my righteousness, and to my integrity that is in me.
- Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous; their minds and hearts are searched by the righteous God.
- My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart.
- God is a righteous judge, yes, a God who has indignation every day.
- If a man doesn't relent, he will sharpen his sword; he has bent and strung his bow.
- He has also prepared for himself the instruments of death. He makes ready his flaming arrows.
- Behold, he travails with iniquity. Yes, he has conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
- He has dug a hole, and has fallen into the pit which he made.
- The trouble he causes shall return to his own head. His violence shall come down on the crown of his own head.
- I will give thanks to Yahweh according to his righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of Yahweh Most High. For the Chief Musician; on an instrument of Gath. A Psalm by David.
| Psalm 7 Text (Hebrew)
- יהוה אלהי בך חסיתי הושיעני מכל־רדפי והצילני׃
- פן־יטרף כאריה נפשי פרק ואין מציל׃
- יהוה אלהי אם־עשיתי זאת אם־יש־עול בכפי׃
- אם־גמלתי שולמי רע ואחלצה צוררי ריקם׃
- ירדף אויב נפשי וישג וירמס לארץ חיי וכבודי לעפר ישכן סלה׃
- קומה יהוה באפך הנשא בעברות צוררי ועורה אלי משפט צוית׃
- ועדת לאמים תסובבך ועליה למרום שובה׃
- יהוה ידין עמים שפטני יהוה כצדקי וכתמי עלי׃
- יגמר־נא רע רשעים ותכוןן צדיק ובחן לבות וכליות אלהים צדיק׃
- מגני על־אלהים מושיע ישרי־לב׃
- אלהים שופט צדיק ואל זעם בכל־יום׃
- אם־לא ישוב חרבו ילטוש קשתו דרך ויכוננה׃
- ולו הכין כלי־מות חציו לדלקים יפעל׃
- הנה יחבל־און והרה עמל וילד שקר׃
- בור כרה ויחפרהו ויפל בשחת יפעל׃
- ישוב עמלו בראשו ועל קדקדו חמסו ירד׃
- אודה יהוה כצדקו ואזמרה שם־יהוה עליון׃
| Psalm 7 Text (Latin)
- Psalmus David, quem cantavit Domino pro verbis Chusi, filii Jemini.
- nequando rapiat ut leo animam meam, dum non est qui redimat, neque qui salvum faciat.
- Domine Deus meus, si feci istud, si est iniquitas in manibus meis,
- si reddidi retribuentibus mihi mala, decidam merito ab inimicis meis inanis.
- Persequatur inimicus animam meam, et comprehendat ; et conculcet in terra vitam meam, et gloriam meam in pulverem deducat.
- Exsurge, Domine, in ira tua ; et exaltare in finibus inimicorum meorum ; et exsurge, Domine Deus meus, in præcepto quod mandasti ;
- et synagoga populorum circumdabit te : et propter hanc in altum regredere.
- Dominus judicat populos. Judica me, Domine, secundum justitiam meam, et secundum innocentiam meam super me.
- Consumetur nequitia peccatorum ; et diriges justum, scrutans corda et renes, Deus.
- Justum adjutorium meum a Domino, qui salvos facit rectos corde.
- Deus judex justus, fortis, et patiens ; numquid irascitur per singulos dies ?
- Nisi conversi fueritis, gladium suum vibrabit ; arcum suum tetendit, et paravit illum.
- Et in eo paravit vasa mortis, sagittas suas ardentibus effecit.
- Ecce parturiit injustitiam ; concepit dolorem, et peperit iniquitatem.
- Lacum aperuit, et effodit eum ; et incidit in foveam quam fecit.
- Convertetur dolor ejus in caput ejus, et in verticem ipsius iniquitas ejus descendet.
- Confitebor Domino secundum justitiam ejus, et psallam nomini Domini altissimi.
| Psalm 7 Text (KJV)
- O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
- Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
- O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
- If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
- Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
- Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
- So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.
- The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
- Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
- My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
- God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
- If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
- He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
- Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
- He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
- His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
- I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm