| Psalm 5 - Versions
| Psalm 5 Text (WEB)
- Give ear to my words, Yahweh. Consider my meditation.
- Listen to the voice of my cry, my King and my God; for to you do I pray.
- Yahweh, in the morning you shall hear my voice. In the morning I will lay my requests before you, and will watch expectantly.
- For you are not a God who has pleasure in wickedness. Evil can't live with you.
- The arrogant shall not stand in your sight. You hate all workers of iniquity.
- You will destroy those who speak lies. Yahweh abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
- But as for me, in the abundance of your loving kindness I will come into your house. I will bow toward your holy temple in reverence of you.
- Lead me, Yahweh, in your righteousness because of my enemies. Make your way straight before my face.
- For there is no faithfulness in their mouth. Their heart is destruction. Their throat is an open tomb. They flatter with their tongue.
- Hold them guilty, God. Let them fall by their own counsels; Thrust them out in the multitude of their transgressions, for they have rebelled against you.
- But let all those who take refuge in you rejoice, Let them always shout for joy, because you defend them. Let them also who love your name be joyful in you.
- For you will bless the righteous. Yahweh, you will surround him with favor as with a shield. For the Chief Musician; on stringed instruments, upon the eight-stringed lyre. A Psalm by David.
| Psalm 5 Text (Hebrew)
- אמרי האזינה יהוה בינה הגיגי׃
- הקשיבה לקול שועי מלכי ואלהי כי־אליך אתפלל׃
- יהוה בקר תשמע קולי בקר אערך־לך ואצפה׃
- כי לא אל־חפץ רשע אתה לא יגרך רע׃
- לא־יתיצבו הוללים לנגד עיניך שנאת כל־פעלי און׃
- תאבד דברי כזב איש־דמים ומרמה יתעב יהוה׃
- ואני ברב חסדך אבוא ביתך אשתחוה אל־היכל־קדשך ביראתך׃
- יהוה נחני בצדקתך למען שוררי לפני דרךך׃
- כי אין בפיהו נכונה קרבם הוות קבר־פתוח גרונם לשונם יחליקון׃
- האשיםם אלהים יפלו ממעצותיהם ברב פשעיהם הדיחמו כי־מרו בך׃
- וישמחו כל־חוסי בך לעולם ירננו ותסך עלימו ויעלצו בך אהבי שמך׃
- כי־אתה תברך צדיק יהוה כצנה רצון תעטרנו׃
| Psalm 5 Text (Latin)
- In finem, pro ea quæ hæreditatem consequitur. Psalmus David.
- Intende voci orationis meæ, rex meus et Deus meus.
- Quoniam ad te orabo, Domine, mane exaudies vocem meam.
- Mane astabo tibi, et videbo quoniam non Deus volens iniquitatem tu es.
- Neque habitabit juxta te malignus, neque permanebunt injusti ante oculos tuos.
- Odisti omnes qui operantur iniquitatem ; perdes omnes qui loquuntur mendacium. Virum sanguinum et dolosum abominabitur Dominus.
- Ego autem in multitudine misericordiæ tuæ introibo in domum tuam ; adorabo ad templum sanctum tuum in timore tuo.
- Domine, deduc me in justitia tua : propter inimicos meos dirige in conspectu tuo viam meam.
- Quoniam non est in ore eorum veritas ; cor eorum vanum est.
- Sepulchrum patens est guttur eorum ; linguis suis dolose agebant, judica illos, Deus. Decidant a cogitationibus suis ; secundum multitudinem impietatum eorum expelle eos, quoniam irritaverunt te, Domine.
- Et lætentur omnes qui sperant in te ; in æternum exsultabunt, et habitabis in eis. Et gloriabuntur in te omnes qui diligunt nomen tuum,
- quoniam tu benedices justo. Domine, ut scuto bonæ voluntatis tuæ coronasti nos.
| Psalm 5 Text (KJV)
- Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
- Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
- My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
- For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
- The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
- Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
- But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
- Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
- For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
- Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
- But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
- For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm