| Psalm 41 - Versions
| Psalm 41 Text (WEB)
- Blessed is he who considers the poor. Yahweh will deliver him in the day of evil.
- Yahweh will preserve him, and keep him alive. He shall be blessed on the earth, and he will not surrender him to the will of his enemies.
- Yahweh will sustain him on his sickbed, and restore him from his bed of illness.
- I said, "Yahweh, have mercy on me! Heal me, for I have sinned against you."
- My enemies speak evil against me: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
- If he comes to see me, he speaks falsehood. His heart gathers iniquity to itself. When he goes abroad, he tells it.
- All who hate me whisper together against me. They imagine the worst for me.
- "An evil disease," they say, "has afflicted him. Now that he lies he shall rise up no more."
- Yes, my own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, who ate bread with me, has lifted up his heel against me.
- But you, Yahweh, have mercy on me, and raise me up, that I may repay them.
- By this I know that you delight in me, because my enemy doesn't triumph over me.
- As for me, you uphold me in my integrity, and set me in your presence forever.
- Blessed be Yahweh, the God of Israel, from everlasting and to everlasting! Amen and amen. BOOK II For the Chief Musician. A contemplation by the sons of Korah.
| Psalm 41 Text (Hebrew)
- אשרי משכיל אל־דל ביום רעה ימלטהו יהוה׃
- יהוה ישמרהו ויחיהו בארץ ואל־תתנהו בנפש איביו׃
- יהוה יסעדנו על־ערש דוי כל־משכבו הפכת בחליו׃
- אני־אמרתי יהוה חנני רפאה נפשי כי־חטאתי לך׃
- אויבי יאמרו רע לי מתי ימות ואבד שמו׃
- ואם־בא לראות שוא ידבר לבו יקבץ־און לו יצא לחוץ ידבר׃
- יחד עלי יתלחשו כל־שנאי עלי יחשבו רעה לי׃
- דבר־בליעל יצוק בו ואשר שכב לא־יוסיף לקום׃
- גם־איש שלומי אשר־בטחתי בו אוכל לחמי הגדיל עלי עקב׃
- ואתה יהוה חנני והקימני ואשלמה להם׃
- בזאת ידעתי כי־חפצת בי כי לא־יריע איבי עלי׃
- ואני בתמי תמכת בי ותציבני לפניך לעולם׃
- ברוך יהוה אלהי ישראל מהעולם ועד העולם אמן ואמן׃
| Psalm 41 Text (Latin)
- In finem. Psalmus ipsi David.
- Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum ejus.
- Dominus opem ferat illi super lectum doloris ejus ; universum stratum ejus versasti in infirmitate ejus.
- Ego dixi : Domine, miserere mei ; sana animam meam, quia peccavi tibi.
- Inimici mei dixerunt mala mihi : Quando morietur, et peribit nomen ejus ?
- Et si ingrediebatur ut videret, vana loquebatur ; cor ejus congregavit iniquitatem sibi. Egrediebatur foras et loquebatur.
- In idipsum adversum me susurrabant omnes inimici mei ; adversum me cogitabant mala mihi.
- Verbum iniquum constituerunt adversum me : Numquid qui dormit non adjiciet ut resurgat ?
- Etenim homo pacis meæ, in quo speravi, qui edebat panes meos magnificavit super me supplantationem.
- Tu autem, Domine, miserere mei, et resuscita me ; et retribuam eis.
- In hoc cognovi quoniam voluisti me, quoniam non gaudebit inimicus meus super me.
- Me autem propter innocentiam suscepisti ; et confirmasti me in conspectu tuo in æternum.
- Benedictus Dominus, Deus Israël, a sæculo, et usque in sæculum. Fiat, fiat.
| Psalm 41 Text (KJV)
- Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
- The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
- The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
- I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
- Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?
- And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
- All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.
- An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
- Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
- But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
- By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
- And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.
- Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm