| Psalm 17 - Versions
| Psalm 17 Text (WEB)
- Hear, Yahweh, my righteous plea; Give ear to my prayer, that doesn't go out of deceitful lips.
- Let my sentence come forth from your presence. Let your eyes look on equity.
- You have proved my heart. You have visited me in the night. You have tried me, and found nothing. I have resolved that my mouth shall not disobey.
- As for the works of men, by the word of your lips, I have kept myself from the ways of the violent.
- My steps have held fast to your paths. My feet have not slipped.
- I have called on you, for you will answer me, God. Turn your ear to me. Hear my speech.
- Show your marvelous loving kindness, you who save those who take refuge by your right hand from their enemies.
- Keep me as the apple of your eye. Hide me under the shadow of your wings,
- from the wicked who oppress me, my deadly enemies, who surround me.
- They close up their callous hearts. With their mouth they speak proudly.
- They have now surrounded us in our steps. They set their eyes to cast us down to the earth.
- He is like a lion that is greedy of his prey, as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, Yahweh, confront him. Cast him down. Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword;
- from men by your hand, Yahweh, from men of the world, whose portion is in this life. You fill the belly of your cherished ones. Your sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for their children.
- As for me, I shall see your face in righteousness. I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with seeing your form. For the Chief Musician. By David the servant of Yahweh, who spoke to Yahweh the words of this song in the day that Yahweh delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said,
| Psalm 17 Text (Hebrew)
- תפלה לדוד שמעה יהוה צדק הקשיבה רנתי האזינה תפלתי בלא שפתי מרמה׃
- מלפניך משפטי יצא עיניך תחזינה מישרים׃
- בחנת לבי פקדת לילה צרפתני בל־תמצא זמתי בל־יעבר־פי׃
- לפעלות אדם בדבר שפתיך אני שמרתי ארחות פריץ׃
- תמך אשרי במעגלותיך בל־נמוטו פעמי׃
- אני־קראתיך כי־תענני אל הט־אזנך לי שמע אמרתי׃
- הפלה חסדיך מושיע חוסים ממתקוממים בימינך׃
- שמרני כאישון בת־עין בצל כנפיך תסתירני׃
- מפני רשעים זו שדוני איבי בנפש יקיפו עלי׃
- חלבמו סגרו פימו דברו בגאות׃
- אשרינו עתה עיניהם ישיתו לנטות בארץ׃
- דמינו כאריה יכסוף לטרוף וככפיר ישב במסתרים׃
- קומה יהוה קדמה פניו הכריעהו פלטה נפשי מרשע חרבך׃
- ממתים ידך יהוה ממתים מחלד חלקם בחיים תמלא בטנם ישבעו בנים והניחו יתרם לעולליהם׃
- אני בצדק אחזה פניך אשבעה בהקיץ תמונתך׃
| Psalm 17 Text (Latin)
- Oratio David. Exaudi, Domine, justitiam meam ; intende deprecationem meam. Auribus percipe orationem meam, non in labiis dolosis.
- De vultu tuo judicium meum prodeat ; oculi tui videant æquitates.
- Probasti cor meum, et visitasti nocte ; igne me examinasti, et non est inventa in me iniquitas.
- Ut non loquatur os meum opera hominum : propter verba labiorum tuorum, ego custodivi vias duras.
- Perfice gressus meos in semitis tuis, ut non moveantur vestigia mea.
- Ego clamavi, quoniam exaudisti me, Deus ; inclina aurem tuam mihi, et exaudi verba mea.
- Mirifica misericordias tuas, qui salvos facis sperantes in te.
- A resistentibus dexteræ tuæ custodi me, ut pupillam oculi. Sub umbra alarum tuarum protege me,
- a facie impiorum qui me afflixerunt. Inimici mei animam meam circumdederunt ;
- adipem suum concluserunt ; os eorum locutum est superbiam.
- Projicientes me nunc circumdederunt me ; oculos suos statuerunt declinare in terram.
- Susceperunt me sicut leo paratus ad prædam, et sicut catulus leonis habitans in abditis.
- Exsurge, Domine : præveni eum, et supplanta eum ; eripe animam meam ab impio.
- Frameam tuam ab inimicis manus tuæ. Domine, a paucis de terra divide eos in vita eorum ; de absconditis tuis adimpletus est venter eorum. Saturati sunt filiis, et dimiserunt reliquias suas parvulis suis.
- Ego autem in justitia apparebo conspectui tuo; satiabor cum apparuerit gloria tua.
| Psalm 17 Text (KJV)
- Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
- Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
- Thou has proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou has tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
- Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.
- Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.
- I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
- Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
- Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
- From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
- They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
- They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
- Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
- From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
- As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm