| Micah 4 - Versions
| Micah 4 Text (WEB)
- But in the latter days, it will happen that the mountain of Yahweh's temple will be established on the top of the mountains, and it will be exalted above the hills; and peoples will stream to it.
- Many nations will go and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of Yahweh, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths." For out of Zion will go forth the law, and the word of Yahweh from Jerusalem;
- and he will judge between many peoples, and will decide concerning strong nations afar off. They will beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war any more.
- But they will sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and no one will make them afraid: For the mouth of Yahweh of Armies has spoken.
- Indeed all the nations may walk in the name of their gods; but we will walk in the name of Yahweh our God forever and ever.
- "In that day," says Yahweh, "I will assemble that which is lame, and I will gather that which is driven away, and that which I have afflicted;
- and I will make that which was lame a remnant, and that which was cast far off a strong nation: and Yahweh will reign over them on Mount Zion from then on, even forever."
- You, tower of the flock, the hill of the daughter of Zion, to you it will come, yes, the former dominion will come, the kingdom of the daughter of Jerusalem.
- Now why do you cry out aloud? Is there no king in you? Has your counselor perished, that pains have taken hold of you as of a woman in travail?
- Be in pain, and labor to bring forth, daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail; for now you will go forth out of the city, and will dwell in the field, and will come even to Babylon. There you will be rescued. There Yahweh will redeem you from the hand of your enemies.
- Now many nations have assembled against you, that say, "Let her be defiled, and let our eye gloat over Zion."
- But they don't know the thoughts of Yahweh, neither do they understand his counsel; for he has gathered them like the sheaves to the threshing floor.
- Arise and thresh, daughter of Zion; for I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hoofs brass; and you will beat in pieces many peoples: and I will devote their gain to Yahweh, and their substance to the Lord of the whole earth.
| Micah 4 Text (Hebrew)
- והיה באחרית הימים יהיה הר בית־יהוה נכון בראש ההרים ונשא הוא מגבעות ונהרו עליו עמים׃
- והלכו גוים רבים ואמרו לכו ונעלה אל־הר־יהוה ואל־בית אלהי יעקב ויורנו מדרכיו ונלכה בארחתיו כי מציון תצא תורה ודבר־יהוה מירושלם׃
- ושפט בין עמים רבים והוכיח לגוים עצמים עד־רחוק וכתתו חרבתיהם לאתים וחניתתיהם למזמרות לא־ישאו גוי אל־גוי חרב ולא־ילמדון עוד מלחמה׃
- וישבו איש תחת גפנו ותחת תאנתו ואין מחריד כי־פי יהוה צבאות דבר׃
- כי כל־העמים ילכו איש בשם אלהיו ואנחנו נלך בשם־יהוה אלהינו לעולם ועד׃ ף
- ביום ההוא נאם־יהוה אספה הצלעה והנדחה אקבצה ואשר הרעתי׃
- ושמתי את־הצלעה לשארית והנהלאה לגוי עצום ומלך יהוה עליהם בהר ציון מעתה ועד־עולם׃ ף
- ואתה מגדל־עדר עפל בת־ציון עדיך תאתה ובאה הממשלה הראשנה ממלכת לבת־ירושלם׃
- עתה למה תריעי רע המלך אין־בך אם־יועצך אבד כי־החזיקך חיל כיולדה׃
- חולי וגחי בת־ציון כיולדה כי־עתה תצאי מקריה ושכנת בשדה ובאת עד־בבל שם תנצלי שם יגאלך יהוה מכף איביך׃
- ועתה נאספו עליך גוים רבים האמרים תחנף ותחז בציון עינינו׃
- והמה לא ידעו מחשבות יהוה ולא הבינו עצתו כי קבצם כעמיר גרנה׃
- קומי ודושי בת־ציון כי־קרנך אשים ברזל ופרסתיך אשים נחושה והדקות עמים רבים והחרמתי ליהוה בצעם וחילם לאדון כל־הארץ׃
| Micah 4 Text (Latin)
- Et erit : in novissimo dierum erit mons domus Domini præparatus in vertice montium, et sublimis super colles : et fluent ad eum populi,
- et properabunt gentes multæ, et dicent : Venite, ascendamus ad montem Domini, et ad domum Dei Jacob : et docebit nos de viis suis, et ibimus in semitis ejus, quia de Sion egredietur lex, et verbum Domini de Jerusalem.
- Et judicabit inter populos multos, et corripiet gentes fortes usque in longinquum : et concident gladios suos in vomeres, et hastas suas in ligones : non sumet gens adversus gentem gladium, et non discent ultra belligerare.
- Et sedebit vir subtus vitem suam et subtus ficum suam, et non erit qui deterreat, quia os Domini exercituum locutum est.
- Quia omnes populi ambulabunt unusquisque in nomine dei sui ; nos autem ambulabimus in nomine Domini Dei nostri, in æternum et ultra.
- In die illa, dicit Dominus, congregabo claudicantem, et eam quam ejeceram colligam, et quam afflixeram :
- et ponam claudicantem in reliquias, et eam quæ laboraverat, in gentem robustam : et regnabit Dominus super eos in monte Sion, ex hoc nunc et usque in æternum.
- Et tu, turris gregis nebulosa filiæ Sion, usque ad te veniet, et veniet potestas prima, regnum filiæ Jerusalem.
- Nunc quare mœrore contraheris ? numquid rex non est tibi, aut consiliarius tuus periit, quia comprehendit te dolor sicut parturientem ?
- Dole et satage, filia Sion, quasi parturiens, quia nunc egredieris de civitate, et habitabis in regione, et venies usque ad Babylonem : ibi liberaberis, ibi redimet te Dominus de manu inimicorum tuorum.
- Et nunc congregatæ sunt super te gentes multæ, quæ dicunt : Lapidetur, et aspiciat in Sion oculus noster.
- Ipsi autem non cognoverunt cogitationes Domini, et non intellexerunt consilium ejus, quia congregavit eos quasi fœnum areæ.
- Surge, et tritura, filia Sion, quia cornu tuum ponam ferreum, et ungulas tuas ponam æreas ; et comminues populos multos, et interficies Domino rapinas eorum, et fortitudinem eorum Domino universæ terræ.
| Micah 4 Text (KJV)
- But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
- And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
- And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
- But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.
- For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.
- In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted;
- And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.
- And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.
- Now why dost thou cry out aloud? is there no king in thee? is thy counseller perished? for pangs have taken thee as a woman in travail.
- Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the LORD shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.
- Now also many nations are gathered against thee, that say, Let her be defiled, and let our eye look upon Zion.
- But they know not the thoughts of the LORD, neither understand they his counsel: for he shall gather them as the sheaves into the floor.
- Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion: for I will make thine horn iron, and I will make thy hoofs brass: and thou shalt beat in pieces many people: and I will consecrate their gain unto the LORD, and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth.