| Judges 17 - Versions
| Judges 17 Text (WEB)
- There was a man of the hill country of Ephraim, whose name was Micah.
- He said to his mother, "The eleven hundred [pieces] of silver that were taken from you, about which you uttered a curse, and also spoke it in my ears, behold, the silver is with me; I took it." His mother said, "Blessed be my son of Yahweh."
- He restored the eleven hundred [pieces] of silver to his mother; and his mother said, "I most certainly dedicate the silver to Yahweh from my hand for my son, to make an engraved image and a molten image. Now therefore I will restore it to you."
- When he restored the money to his mother, his mother took two hundred [pieces] of silver, and gave them to the founder, who made of it an engraved image and a molten image: and it was in the house of Micah.
- The man Micah had a house of gods, and he made an ephod, and teraphim, and consecrated one of his sons, who became his priest.
- In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
- There was a young man out of Bethlehem Judah, of the family of Judah, who was a Levite; and he lived there.
- The man departed out of the city, out of Bethlehem Judah, to live where he could find [a place], and he came to the hill country of Ephraim to the house of Micah, as he traveled.
- Micah said to him, "Where did you come from?" He said to him, "I am a Levite of Bethlehem Judah, and I am looking for a place to live."
- Micah said to him, "Dwell with me, and be to me a father and a priest, and I will give you ten [pieces] of silver per year, a suit of clothing, and your food." So the Levite went in.
- The Levite was content to dwell with the man; and the young man was to him as one of his sons.
- Micah consecrated the Levite, and the young man became his priest, and was in the house of Micah.
- Then Micah said, "Now know I that Yahweh will do good to me, since I have a Levite to my priest."
| Judges 17 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי־איש מהר־אפרים ושמו מיכיהו׃
- ויאמר לאמו אלף ומאה הכסף אשר לקח־לך אלית וגם אמרת באזני הנה־הכסף אתי אני לקחתיו ותאמר אמו ברוך בני ליהוה׃
- וישב את־אלף־ומאה הכסף לאמו ותאמר אמו הקדש הקדשתי את־הכסף ליהוה מידי לבני לעשות פסל ומסכה ועתה אשיבנו לך׃
- וישב את־הכסף לאמו ותקח אמו מאתים כסף ותתנהו לצורף ויעשהו פסל ומסכה ויהי בבית מיכיהו׃
- והאיש מיכה לו בית אלהים ויעש אפוד ותרפים וימלא את־יד אחד מבניו ויהי־לו לכהן׃
- בימים ההם אין מלך בישראל איש הישר בעיניו יעשה׃ ף
- ויהי־נער מבית לחם יהודה ממשפחת יהודה והוא לוי והוא גר־שם׃
- וילך האיש מהעיר מבית לחם יהודה לגור באשר ימצא ויבא הר־אפרים עד־בית מיכה לעשות דרכו׃
- ויאמר־לו מיכה מאין תבוא ויאמר אליו לוי אנכי מבית לחם יהודה ואנכי הלך לגור באשר אמצא׃
- ויאמר לו מיכה שבה עמדי והיה־לי לאב ולכהן ואנכי אתן־לך עשרת כסף לימים וערך בגדים ומחיתך וילך הלוי׃
- ויואל הלוי לשבת את־האיש ויהי הנער לו כאחד מבניו׃
- וימלא מיכה את־יד הלוי ויהי־לו הנער לכהן ויהי בבית מיכה׃
- ויאמר מיכה עתה ידעתי כי־ייטיב יהוה לי כי היה־לי הלוי לכהן׃
| Judges 17 Text (Latin)
- Fuit eo tempore vir quidam de monte Ephraim nomine Michas,
- qui dixit matri suæ : Mille et centum argenteos, quos separaveras tibi, et super quibus me audiente juraveras, ecce ego habeo, et apud me sunt. Cui illa respondit : Benedictus filius meus Domino.
- Reddidit ergo eos matri suæ, quæ dixerat ei : Consecravi et vovi hoc argentum Domino, ut de manu mea suscipiat filius meus, et faciat sculptile atque conflatile : et nunc trado illud tibi.
- Reddidit igitur eos matri suæ : quæ tulit ducentos argenteos, et dedit eos argentario, ut faceret ex eis sculptile atque conflatile, quod fuit in domo Michæ.
- Qui ædiculam quoque in ea deo separavit, et fecit ephod, et theraphim, id est, vestem sacerdotalem, et idola : implevitque unius filiorum suorum manum, et factus est ei sacerdos.
- In diebus illis non erat rex in Israël, sed unusquisque quod sibi rectum videbatur, hoc faciebat.
- Fuit quoque alter adolescens de Bethlehem Juda, ex cognatione ejus : eratque ipse Levites, et habitabat ibi.
- Egressusque de civitate Bethlehem, peregrinari voluit ubicumque sibi commodum reperisset. Cumque venisset in montem Ephraim, iter faciens, et declinasset parumper in domum Michæ,
- interrogatus est ab eo under venisset. Qui respondit : Levita sum de Bethlehem Juda, et vado ut habitem ubi potuero, et utile mihi esse perspexero.
- Dixitque Michas : Mane apud me, et esto mihi parens ac sacerdos : daboque tibi per annos singulos decem argenteos, ac vestem duplicem, et quæ ad victum sunt necessaria.
- Acquievit, et mansit apud hominem, fuitque illi quasi unus de filiis.
- Implevitque Michas manum ejus, et habuit puerum sacerdotem apud se :
- Nunc scio, dicens, quod benefaciet mihi Deus habenti Levitici generis sacerdotem.
| Judges 17 Text (KJV)
- And there was a man of mount Ephraim, whose name was Micah.
- And he said unto his mother, The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from thee, about which thou cursedst, and spakest of also in mine ears, behold, the silver is with me; I took it. And his mother said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my son.
- And when he had restored the eleven hundred shekels of silver to his mother, his mother said, I had wholly dedicated the silver unto the LORD from my hand for my son, to make a graven image and a molten image: now therefore I will restore it unto thee.
- Yet he restored the money unto his mother; and his mother took two hundred shekels of silver, and gave them to the founder, who made thereof a graven image and a molten image: and they were in the house of Micah.
- And the man Micah had an house of gods, and made an ephod, and teraphim, and consecrated one of his sons, who became his priest.
- In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
- And there was a young man out of Bethlehemjudah of the family of Judah, who was a Levite, and he sojourned there.
- And the man departed out of the city from Bethlehemjudah to sojourn where he could find a place: and he came to mount Ephraim to the house of Micah, as he journeyed.
- And Micah said unto him, Whence comest thou? And he said unto him, I am a Levite of Bethlehemjudah, and I go to sojourn where I may find a place.
- And Micah said unto him, Dwell with me, and be unto me a father and a priest, and I will give thee ten shekels of silver by the year, and a suit of apparel, and thy victuals. So the Levite went in.
- And the Levite was content to dwell with the man; and the young man was unto him as one of his sons.
- And Micah consecrated the Levite; and the young man became his priest, and was in the house of Micah.
- Then said Micah, Now know I that the LORD will do me good, seeing I have a Levite to my priest.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Judges