| Job 36 - Versions
| Job 36 Text (WEB)
- Elihu also continued, and said,
- "Bear with me a little, and I will show you; for I still have something to say on God's behalf.
- I will get my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
- For truly my words are not false. One who is perfect in knowledge is with you.
- "Behold, God is mighty, and doesn't despise anyone. He is mighty in strength of understanding.
- He doesn't preserve the life of the wicked, but gives to the afflicted their right.
- He doesn't withdraw his eyes from the righteous, but with kings on the throne, he sets them forever, and they are exalted.
- If they are bound in fetters, and are taken in the cords of afflictions,
- then he shows them their work, and their transgressions, that they have behaved themselves proudly.
- He also opens their ears to instruction, and commands that they return from iniquity.
- If they listen and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
- But if they don't listen, they shall perish by the sword; they shall die without knowledge.
- "But those who are godless in heart lay up anger. They don't cry for help when he binds them.
- They die in youth. Their life perishes among the unclean.
- He delivers the afflicted by their affliction, and opens their ear in oppression.
- Yes, he would have allured you out of distress, into a broad place, where there is no restriction. That which is set on your table would be full of fatness.
- "But you are full of the judgment of the wicked. Judgment and justice take hold of you.
- Don't let riches entice you to wrath, neither let the great size of a bribe turn you aside.
- Would your wealth sustain you in distress, or all the might of your strength?
- Don't desire the night, when people are cut off in their place.
- Take heed, don't regard iniquity; for you have chosen this rather than affliction.
- Behold, God is exalted in his power. Who is a teacher like him?
- Who has prescribed his way for him? Or who can say, 'You have committed unrighteousness?'
- "Remember that you magnify his work, whereof men have sung.
- All men have looked thereon. Man sees it afar off.
- Behold, God is great, and we don't know him. The number of his years is unsearchable.
- For he draws up the drops of water, which distill in rain from his vapor,
- Which the skies pour down and which drop on man abundantly.
- Yes, can any understand the spreading of the clouds, and the thunderings of his pavilion?
- Behold, he spreads his light around him. He covers the bottom of the sea.
- For by these he judges the people. He gives food in abundance.
- He covers his hands with the lightning, and commands it to strike the mark.
- Its noise tells about him, and the livestock also concerning the storm that comes up.
| Job 36 Text (Hebrew)
- ויסף אליהוא ויאמר׃
- כתר־לי זעיר ואחוך כי עוד לאלוה מלים׃
- אשא דעי למרחוק ולפעלי אתן־צדק׃
- כי־אמנם לא־שקר מלי תמים דעות עמך׃
- הן־אל כביר ולא ימאס כביר כח לב׃
- לא־יחיה רשע ומשפט עניים יתן׃
- לא־יגרע מצדיק עיניו ואת־מלכים לכסא וישיבם לנצח ויגבהו׃
- ואם־אסורים בזקים ילכדון בחבלי־עני׃
- ויגד להם פעלם ופשעיהם כי יתגברו׃
- ויגל אזנם למוסר ויאמר כי־ישבון מאון׃
- אם־ישמעו ויעבדו יכלו ימיהם בטוב ושניהם בנעימים׃
- ואם־לא ישמעו בשלח יעברו ויגועו כבלי־דעת׃
- וחנפי־לב ישימו אף לא ישועו כי אסרם׃
- תמת בנער נפשם וחיתם בקדשים׃
- יחלץ עני בעניו ויגל בלחץ אזנם׃
- ואף הסיתכ מפי־צר רחב לא־מוצק תחתיה ונחת שלחנך מלא דשן׃
- ודין־רשע מלאת דין ומשפט יתמכו׃
- כי־חמה פן־יסיתך בספק ורב־כפר אל־יטך׃
- היערך שועך לא בצר וכל מאמצי־כח׃
- אל־תשאף הלילה לעלות עמים תחתם׃
- השמר אל־תפן אל־און כי־על־זה בחרת מעני׃
- הן־אל ישגיב בכחו מי כמהו מורה׃
- מי־פקד עליו דרכו ומי־אמר פעלת עולה׃
- זכר כי־תשגיא פעלו אשר שררו אנשים׃
- כל־אדם חזו־בו אנוש יביט מרחוק׃
- הן־אל שגיא ולא נדע מספר שניו ולא־חקר׃
- כי יגרע נטפי־מים יזקו מטר לאדו׃
- אשר־יזלו שחקים ירעפו עלי אדם רב׃
- אף אם־יבין מפרשי־עב תשאות סכתו׃
- הן־פרש עליו אורו ושרשי הים כסה׃
- כי־בם ידין עמים יתן־אכל למכביר׃
- על־כפים כסה־אור ויצו עליה במפגיע׃
- יגיד עליו רעו מקנה אף על־עולה׃
| Job 36 Text (Latin)
- Addens quoque Eliu, hæc locutus est :
- Sustine me paululum, et indicabo tibi : adhuc enim habeo quod pro Deo loquar.
- Repetam scientiam meam a principio, et operatorem meum probabo justum.
- Vere enim absque mendacio sermones mei, et perfecta scientia probabitur tibi.
- Deus potentes non abjicit, cum et ipse sit potens :
- sed non salvat impios, et judicium pauperibus tribuit.
- Non auferet a justo oculos suos, et reges in solio collocat in perpetuum, et illi eriguntur.
- Et si fuerint in catenis, et vinciantur funibus paupertatis,
- indicabit eis opera eorum, et scelera eorum, quia violenti fuerunt.
- Revelabit quoque aurem eorum, ut corripiat : et loquetur, ut revertantur ab iniquitate.
- Si audierint et observaverint, complebunt dies suos in bono, et annos suos in gloria :
- si autem non audierint, transibunt per gladium, et consumentur in stultitia.
- Simulatores et callidi provocant iram Dei, neque clamabunt cum vincti fuerint.
- Morietur in tempestate anima eorum, et vita eorum inter effeminatos.
- Eripiet de angustia sua pauperem, et revelabit in tribulatione aurem ejus.
- Igitur salvabit te de ore angusto latissime, et non habente fundamentum subter se : requies autem mensæ tuæ erit plena pinguedine.
- Causa tua quasi impii judicata est : causam judiciumque recipies.
- Non te ergo superet ira ut aliquem opprimas : nec multitudo donorum inclinet te.
- Depone magnitudinem tuam absque tribulatione, et omnes robustos fortitudine.
- Ne protrahas noctem, ut ascendant populi pro eis.
- Cave ne declines ad iniquitatem : hanc enim cœpisti sequi post miseriam.
- Ecce Deus excelsus in fortitudine sua, et nullus ei similis in legislatoribus.
- Quis poterit scrutari vias ejus ? aut quis potest ei dicere : Operatus es iniquitatem ?
- Memento quod ignores opus ejus, de quo cecinerunt viri.
- Omnes homines vident eum : unusquisque intuetur procul.
- Ecce Deus magnus vincens scientiam nostram : numerus annorum ejus inæstimabilis.
- Qui aufert stillas pluviæ, et effundit imbres ad instar gurgitum,
- qui de nubibus fluunt, quæ prætexunt cuncta desuper.
- Si voluerit extendere nubes quasi tentorium suum,
- et fulgurare lumine suo desuper, cardines quoque maris operiet.
- Per hæc enim judicat populos, et dat escas multis mortalibus.
- In manibus abscondit lucem, et præcepit ei ut rursus adveniat.
- Annuntiat de ea amico suo, quod possessio ejus sit, et ad eam possit ascendere.
| Job 36 Text (KJV)
- Elihu also proceeded, and said,
- Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf.
- I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
- For truly my words shall not be false: he that is perfect in knowledge is with thee.
- Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom.
- He preserveth not the life of the wicked: but giveth right to the poor.
- He withdraweth not his eyes from the righteous: but with kings are they on the throne; yea, he doth establish them for ever, and they are exalted.
- And if they be bound in fetters, and be holden in cords of affliction;
- Then he sheweth them their work, and their transgressions that they have exceeded.
- He openeth also their ear to discipline, and commandeth that they return from iniquity.
- If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
- But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
- But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.
- They die in youth, and their life is among the unclean.
- He delivereth the poor in his affliction, and openeth their ears in oppression.
- Even so would he have removed thee out of the strait into a broad place, where there is no straitness; and that which should be set on thy table should be full of fatness.
- But thou hast fulfilled the judgment of the wicked: judgment and justice take hold on thee.
- Because there is wrath, beware lest he take thee away with his stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee.
- Will he esteem thy riches? no, not gold, nor all the forces of strength.
- Desire not the night, when people are cut off in their place.
- Take heed, regard not iniquity: for this hast thou chosen rather than affliction.
- Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?
- Who hath enjoined him his way? or who can say, Thou hast wrought iniquity?
- Remember that thou magnify his work, which men behold.
- Every man may see it; man may behold it afar off.
- Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.
- For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof:
- Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly.
- Also can any understand the spreadings of the clouds, or the noise of his tabernacle?
- Behold, he spreadeth his light upon it, and covereth the bottom of the sea.
- For by them judgeth he the people; he giveth meat in abundance.
- With clouds he covereth the light; and commandeth it not to shine by the cloud that cometh betwixt.
- The noise thereof sheweth concerning it, the cattle also concerning the vapour.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Job