| Job 26 - Versions
| Job 26 Text (WEB)
- Then Job answered,
- "How have you helped him who is without power! How have you saved the arm that has no strength!
- How have you counseled him who has no wisdom, and plentifully declared sound knowledge!
- To whom have you uttered words? Whose spirit came forth from you?
- "Those who are deceased tremble, those beneath the waters and all that live in them.
- Sheol is naked before God, and Abaddon has no covering.
- He stretches out the north over empty space, and hangs the earth on nothing.
- He binds up the waters in his thick clouds, and the cloud is not burst under them.
- He encloses the face of his throne, and spreads his cloud on it.
- He has described a boundary on the surface of the waters, and to the confines of light and darkness.
- The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his rebuke.
- He stirs up the sea with his power, and by his understanding he strikes through Rahab.
- By his Spirit the heavens are garnished. His hand has pierced the swift serpent.
- Behold, these are but the outskirts of his ways. How small a whisper do we hear of him! But the thunder of his power who can understand?"
| Job 26 Text (Hebrew)
- ויען איוב ויאמר׃
- מה־עזרת ללא־כח הושעת זרוע לא־עז׃
- מה־יעצת ללא חכמה ותושיה לרב הודעת׃
- את־מי הגדת מלין ונשמת־מי יצאה ממך׃
- הרפאים יחוללו מתחת מים ושכניהם׃
- ערום שאול נגדו ואין כסות לאבדון׃
- נטה צפון על־תהו תלה ארץ על־בלי־מה׃
- צרר־מים בעביו ולא־נבקע עןן תחתם׃
- מאחז פני־כסה פרשז עליו עננו׃
- חק־חג על־פני־מים עד־תכלית אור עם־חשך׃
- עמודי שמים ירופפו ויתמהו מגערתו׃
- בכחו רגע הים מחץ רהב׃
- ברוחו שמים שפרה חללה ידו נחש בריח׃
- הן־אלה קצות ומה־שמץ דבר נשמע־בו ורעם מי יתבוןן׃ ס
| Job 26 Text (Latin)
- Respondens autem Job dixit :
- Cujus adjutor es ? numquid imbecillis ? et sustentas brachium ejus qui non est fortis ?
- Cui dedisti consilium ? forsitan illi qui non habet sapientiam, et prudentiam tuam ostendisti plurimam.
- Quem docere voluisti ? nonne eum qui fecit spiramentum ?
- Ecce gigantes gemunt sub aquis, et qui habitant cum eis.
- Nudus est infernus coram illo, et nullum est operimentum perditioni.
- Qui extendit aquilonem super vacuum, et appendit terram super nihilum.
- Qui ligat aquas in nubibus suis, ut non erumpant pariter deorsum.
- Qui tenet vultum solii sui, et expandit super illud nebulam suam.
- Terminum circumdedit aquis, usque dum finiantur lux et tenebræ.
- Columnæ cæli contremiscunt, et pavent ad nutum ejus.
- In fortitudine illius repente maria congregata sunt, et prudentia ejus percussit superbum.
- Spiritus ejus ornavit cælos, et obstetricante manu ejus, eductus est coluber tortuosus.
- Ecce hæc ex parte dicta sunt viarum ejus : et cum vix parvam stillam sermonis ejus audierimus, quis poterit tonitruum magnitudinis illius intueri ?
| Job 26 Text (KJV)
- But Job answered and said,
- How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?
- How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom? and how hast thou plentifully declared the thing as it is?
- To whom hast thou uttered words? and whose spirit came from thee?
- Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.
- Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.
- He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
- He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
- He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it.
- He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
- The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.
- He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.
- By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.
- Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Job