| Job 23 - Versions
| Job 23 Text (WEB)
- Then Job answered,
- "Even today my complaint is rebellious. His hand is heavy in spite of my groaning.
- Oh that I knew where I might find him! That I might come even to his seat!
- I would set my cause in order before him, and fill my mouth with arguments.
- I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would tell me.
- Would he contend with me in the greatness of his power? No, but he would listen to me.
- There the upright might reason with him, so I should be delivered forever from my judge.
- "If I go east, he is not there; if west, I can't find him;
- He works to the north, but I can't see him. He turns south, but I can't catch a glimpse of him.
- But he knows the way that I take. When he has tried me, I shall come forth like gold.
- My foot has held fast to his steps. I have kept his way, and not turned aside.
- I haven't gone back from the commandment of his lips. I have treasured up the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
- But he stands alone, and who can oppose him? What his soul desires, even that he does.
- For he performs that which is appointed for me. Many such things are with him.
- Therefore I am terrified at his presence. When I consider, I am afraid of him.
- For God has made my heart faint. The Almighty has terrified me.
- Because I was not cut off before the darkness, neither did he cover the thick darkness from my face.
| Job 23 Text (Hebrew)
- ויען איוב ויאמר׃
- גם־היום מרי שחי ידי כבדה על־אנחתי׃
- מי־יתן ידעתי ואמצאהו אבוא עד־תכונתו׃
- אערכה לפניו משפט ופי אמלא תוכחות׃
- אדעה מלים יענני ואבינה מה־יאמר לי׃
- הברב־כח יריב עמדי לא אך־הוא ישם בי׃
- שם ישר נוכח עמו ואפלטה לנצח משפטי׃
- הן קדם אהלך ואיננו ואחור ולא־אבין לו׃
- שמאול בעשתו ולא־אחז יעטף ימין ולא אראה׃
- כי־ידע דרך עמדי בחנני כזהב אצא׃
- באשרו אחזה רגלי דרכו שמרתי ולא־אט׃
- מצות שפתיו ולא אמיש מחקי צפנתי אמרי־פיו׃
- והוא באחד ומי ישיבנו ונפשו אותה ויעש׃
- כי ישלים חקי וכהנה רבות עמו׃
- על־כן מפניו אבהל אתבוןן ואפחד ממנו׃
- ואל הרך לבי ושדי הבהילני׃
- כי־לא נצמתי מפני־חשך ומפני כסה־אפל׃
| Job 23 Text (Latin)
- Respondens autem Job, ait :
- Nunc quoque in amaritudine est sermo meus, et manus plagæ meæ aggravata est super gemitum meum.
- Quis mihi tribuat ut cognoscam et inveniam illum, et veniam usque ad solium ejus ?
- Ponam coram eo judicium, et os meum replebo increpationibus :
- ut sciam verba quæ mihi respondeat, et intelligam quid loquatur mihi.
- Nolo multa fortitudine contendat mecum, nec magnitudinis suæ mole me premat.
- Proponat æquitatem contra me, et perveniat ad victoriam judicium meum.
- Si ad orientem iero, non apparet : si ad occidentem, non intelligam eum.
- Si ad sinistram, quid agam ? non apprehendam eum : si me vertam ad dexteram, non videbo illum.
- Ipse vero scit viam meam, et probavit me quasi aurum quod per ignem transit.
- Vestigia ejus secutus est pes meus : viam ejus custodivi, et non declinavi ex ea.
- A mandatis labiorum ejus non recessi, et in sinu meo abscondi verba oris ejus.
- Ipse enim solus est, et nemo avertere potest cogitationem ejus, et anima ejus quodcumque voluit, hoc fecit.
- Cum expleverit in me voluntatem suam, et alia multa similia præsto sunt ei.
- Et idcirco a facie ejus turbatus sum, et considerans eum, timore sollicitor.
- Deus mollivit cor meum, et Omnipotens conturbavit me.
- Non enim perii propter imminentes tenebras, nec faciem meam operuit caligo.
| Job 23 Text (KJV)
- Then Job answered and said,
- Even to day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning.
- Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat!
- I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments.
- I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me.
- Will he plead against me with his great power? No; but he would put strength in me.
- There the righteous might dispute with him; so should I be delivered for ever from my judge.
- Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
- On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
- But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
- My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined.
- Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
- But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
- For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.
- Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him.
- For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me:
- Because I was not cut off before the darkness, neither hath he covered the darkness from my face.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Job