| Job 19 - Versions
| Job 19 Text (WEB)
- Then Job answered,
- "How long will you torment me, and crush me with words?
- You have reproached me ten times. You aren't ashamed that you attack me.
- If it is true that I have erred, my error remains with myself.
- If indeed you will magnify yourselves against me, and plead against me my reproach;
- know now that God has subverted me, and has surrounded me with his net.
- "Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard. I cry for help, but there is no justice.
- He has walled up my way so that I can't pass, and has set darkness in my paths.
- He has stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head.
- He has broken me down on every side, and I am gone. My hope he has plucked up like a tree.
- He has also kindled his wrath against me. He counts me among his adversaries.
- His troops come on together, build a siege ramp against me, and encamp around my tent.
- "He has put my brothers far from me. My acquaintances are wholly estranged from me.
- My relatives have gone away. My familiar friends have forgotten me.
- Those who dwell in my house, and my maids, count me for a stranger. I am an alien in their sight.
- I call to my servant, and he gives me no answer. I beg him with my mouth.
- My breath is offensive to my wife. I am loathsome to the children of my own mother.
- Even young children despise me. If I arise, they speak against me.
- All my familiar friends abhor me. They whom I loved have turned against me.
- My bones stick to my skin and to my flesh. I have escaped by the skin of my teeth.
- "Have pity on me, have pity on me, you my friends; for the hand of God has touched me.
- Why do you persecute me as God, and are not satisfied with my flesh?
- "Oh that my words were now written! Oh that they were inscribed in a book!
- That with an iron pen and lead they were engraved in the rock forever!
- But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives. In the end, he will stand upon the earth.
- After my skin is destroyed, then in my flesh shall I see God,
- Whom I, even I, shall see on my side. My eyes shall see, and not as a stranger. "My heart is consumed within me.
- If you say, 'How we will persecute him!' because the root of the matter is found in me,
- be afraid of the sword, for wrath brings the punishments of the sword, that you may know there is a judgment."
| Job 19 Text (Hebrew)
- ויען איוב ויאמר׃
- עד־אנה תוגיון נפשי ותדכאונני במלים׃
- זה עשר פעמים תכלימוני לא־תבשו תהכרו־לי׃
- ואף־אמנם שגיתי אתי תלין משוגתי׃
- אם־אמנם עלי תגדילו ותוכיחו עלי חרפתי׃
- דעו־אפו כי־אלוה עותני ומצודו עלי הקיף׃
- הן אצעק חמס ולא אענה אשוע ואין משפט׃
- ארחי גדר ולא אעבור ועל נתיבותי חשך ישים׃
- כבודי מעלי הפשיט ויסר עטרת ראשי׃
- יתצני סביב ואלך ויסע כעץ תקותי׃
- ויחר עלי אפו ויחשבני לו כצריו׃
- יחד יבאו גדודיו ויסלו עלי דרכם ויחנו סביב לאהלי׃
- אחי מעלי הרחיק וידעי אך־זרו ממני׃
- חדלו קרובי ומידעי שכחוני׃
- גרי ביתי ואמהתי לזר תחשבני נכרי הייתי בעיניהם׃
- לעבדי קראתי ולא יענה במו־פי אתחןן־לו׃
- רוחי זרה לאשתי וחנתי לבני בטני׃
- גם־עוילים מאסו בי אקומה וידברו־בי׃
- תעבוני כל־מתי סודי וזה־אהבתי נהפכו־בי׃
- בעורי ובבשרי דבקה עצמי ואתמלטה בעור שני׃
- חנני חנני אתם רעי כי יד־אלוה נגעה בי׃
- למה תרדפני כמו־אל ומבשרי לא תשבעו׃
- מי־יתן אפו ויכתבון מלי מי־יתן בספר ויחקו׃
- בעט־ברזל ועפרת לעד בצור יחצבון׃
- ואני ידעתי גאלי חי ואחרון על־עפר יקום׃
- ואחר עורי נקפו־זאת ומבשרי אחזה אלוה׃
- אשר אני אחזה־לי ועיני ראו ולא־זר כלו כליתי בחקי׃
- כי תאמרו מה־נרדף־לו ושרש דבר נמצא־בי׃
- גורו לכם מפני־חרב כי־חמה עונות חרב למען תדעון ׃ ס
| Job 19 Text (Latin)
- Respondens autem Job, dixit :
- Usquequo affligitis animam meam, et atteritis me sermonibus ?
- En decies confunditis me, et non erubescitis opprimentes me.
- Nempe, et si ignoravi, mecum erit ignorantia mea.
- At vos contra me erigimini, et arguitis me opprobriis meis.
- Saltem nunc intelligite quia Deus non æquo judicio afflixerit me, et flagellis suis me cinxerit.
- Ecce clamabo, vim patiens, et nemo audiet : vociferabor, et non est qui judicet.
- Semitam meam circumsepsit, et transire non possum : et in calle meo tenebras posuit.
- Spoliavit me gloria mea, et abstulit coronam de capite meo.
- Destruxit me undique, et pereo : et quasi evulsæ arbori abstulit spem meam.
- Iratus est contra me furor ejus, et sic me habuit quasi hostem suum.
- Simul venerunt latrones ejus, et fecerunt sibi viam per me, et obsederunt in gyro tabernaculum meum.
- Fratres meos longe fecit a me, et noti mei quasi alieni recesserunt a me.
- Dereliquerunt me propinqui mei, et qui me noverant obliti sunt mei.
- Inquilini domus meæ et ancillæ meæ sicut alienum habuerunt me, et quasi peregrinus fui in oculis eorum.
- Servum meum vocavi, et non respondit : ore proprio deprecabar illum.
- Halitum meum exhorruit uxor mea, et orabam filios uteri mei.
- Stulti quoque despiciebant me : et cum ab eis recessissem, detrahebant mihi.
- Abominati sunt me quondam consiliarii mei, et quem maxime diligebam, aversatus est me.
- Pelli meæ, consumptis carnibus, adhæsit os meum, et derelicta sunt tantummodo labia circa dentes meos.
- Miseremini mei, miseremini mei, saltem vos, amici mei, quia manus Domini tetigit me.
- Quare persequimini me sicut Deus, et carnibus meis saturamini ?
- Quis mihi tribuat ut scribantur sermones mei ? quis mihi det ut exarentur in libro,
- stylo ferreo et plumbi lamina, vel celte sculpantur in silice ?
- Scio enim quod redemptor meus vivit, et in novissimo die de terra surrecturus sum :
- et rursum circumdabor pelle mea, et in carne mea videbo Deum meum.
- Quem visurus sum ego ipse, et oculi mei conspecturi sunt, et non alius : reposita est hæc spes mea in sinu meo.
- Quare ergo nunc dicitis : Persequamur eum, et radicem verbi inveniamus contra eum ?
- Fugite ergo a facie gladii, quoniam ultor iniquitatum gladius est : et scitote esse judicium.
| Job 19 Text (KJV)
- Then Job answered and said,
- How long will ye vex my soul, and break me in pieces with words?
- These ten times have ye reproached me: ye are not ashamed that ye make yourselves strange to me.
- And be it indeed that I have erred, mine error remaineth with myself.
- If indeed ye will magnify yourselves against me, and plead against me my reproach:
- Know now that God hath overthrown me, and hath compassed me with his net.
- Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry aloud, but there is no judgment.
- He hath fenced up my way that I cannot pass, and he hath set darkness in my paths.
- He hath stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head.
- He hath destroyed me on every side, and I am gone: and mine hope hath he removed like a tree.
- He hath also kindled his wrath against me, and he counteth me unto him as one of his enemies.
- His troops come together, and raise up their way against me, and encamp round about my tabernacle.
- He hath put my brethren far from me, and mine acquaintance are verily estranged from me.
- My kinsfolk have failed, and my familiar friends have forgotten me.
- They that dwell in mine house, and my maids, count me for a stranger: I am an alien in their sight.
- I called my servant, and he gave me no answer; I intreated him with my mouth.
- My breath is strange to my wife, though I intreated for the children's sake of mine own body.
- Yea, young children despised me; I arose, and they spake against me.
- All my inward friends abhorred me: and they whom I loved are turned against me.
- My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth.
- Have pity upon me, have pity upon me, O ye my friends; for the hand of God hath touched me.
- Why do ye persecute me as God, and are not satisfied with my flesh?
- Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
- That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
- For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
- And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
- Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
- But ye should say, Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me?
- Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath bringeth the punishments of the sword, that ye may know there is a judgment.