| Isaiah 50 - Versions
| Isaiah 50 Text (WEB)
- Thus says Yahweh, "Where is the bill of your mother's divorce, with which I have put her away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities were you sold, and for your transgressions was your mother put away.
- Why, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it can't redeem? or have I no power to deliver? Behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stink, because there is no water, and die for thirst.
- I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering."
- The Lord Yahweh has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with words him who is weary: he wakens morning by morning, he wakens my ear to hear as those who are taught.
- The Lord Yahweh has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away backward.
- I gave my back to the strikers, and my cheeks to those who plucked off the hair; I didn't hide my face from shame and spitting.
- For the Lord Yahweh will help me; therefore I have not been confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be disappointed.
- He is near who justifies me; who will bring charges against me? Let us stand up together: who is my adversary? Let him come near to me.
- Behold, the Lord Yahweh will help me; who is he who shall condemn me? Behold, all they shall wax old as a garment, the moth shall eat them up.
- Who is among you who fears Yahweh, who obeys the voice of his servant? He who walks in darkness, and has no light, let him trust in the name of Yahweh, and rely on his God.
- Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who adorn yourselves with torches around yourselves; walk in the flame of your fire, and among the brands that you have kindled. You shall have this of my hand; you shall lie down in sorrow.
| Isaiah 50 Text (Hebrew)
- כה אמר יהוה אי זה ספר כריתות אםכם אשר שלחתיה או מי מנושי אשר־מכרתי אתכם לו הן בעונתיכם נמכרתם ובפשעיכם שלחה אםכם׃
- מדוע באתי ואין איש קראתי ואין עונה הקצור קצרה ידי מפדות ואם־אין־בי כח להציל הן בגערתי אחריב ים אשים נהרות מדבר תבאש דגתם מאין מים ותמת בצמא׃
- אלביש שמים קדרות ושק אשים כסותם׃ ס
- אדני יהוה נתן לי לשון למודים לדעת לעות את־יעף דבר יעיר בבקר בבקר יעיר לי אזן לשמע כלמודים׃
- אדני יהוה פתח־לי אזן ואנכי לא מריתי אחור לא נסוגתי׃
- גוי נתתי למכים ולחיי למרטים פני לא הסתרתי מכלמות ורק׃
- ואדני יהוה יעזר־לי על־כן לא נכלמתי על־כן שמתי פני כחלמיש ואדע כי־לא אבוש׃
- קרוב מצדיקי מי־יריב אתי נעמדה יחד מי־בעל משפטי יגש אלי׃
- הן אדני יהוה יעזר־לי מי־הוא ירשיעני הן כלם כבגד יבלו עש יאכלם׃
- מי בכם ירא יהוה שמע בקול עבדו אשר הלך חשכים ואין נגה לו יבטח בשם יהוה וישען באלהיו׃
- הן כלכם קדחי אש מאזרי זיקות לכו באור אשכם ובזיקות בערתם מידי היתה־זאת לכם למעצבה תשכבון׃ ף
| Isaiah 50 Text (Latin)
- Hæc dicit Dominus : Quis est hic liber repudii matris vestræ, quo dimisi eam ? aut quis est creditor meus, cui vendidi vos ? Ecce in iniquitatibus vestris venditi estis, et in sceleribus vestris dimisi matrem vestram.
- Quia veni, et non erat vir ; vocavi, et non erat qui audiret. Numquid abbreviata et parvula facta est manus mea, ut non possim redimere ? aut non est in me virtus ad liberandum ? Ecce in increpatione mea desertum faciam mare, ponam flumina in siccum ; computrescent pisces sine aqua, et morientur in siti.
- Induam cælos tenebris, et saccum ponam operimentum eorum.
- Dominus dedit mihi linguam eruditam, ut sciam sustentare eum qui lassus est verbo. Erigit mane, mane erigit mihi aurem, ut audiam quasi magistrum.
- Dominus Deus aperuit mihi aurem, ego autem non contradico ; retrorsum non abii.
- Corpus meum dedi percutientibus, et genas meas vellentibus ; faciem meam non averti ab increpantibus et conspuentibus in me.
- Dominus Deus auxiliator meus, ideo non sum confusus ; ideo posui faciem meam ut petram durissimam, et scio quoniam non confundar.
- Juxta est qui justificat me ; quis contradicet mihi ? Stemus simul ; quis est adversarius meus ? accedat ad me.
- Ecce Dominus Deus auxiliator meus ; quis est qui condemnet me ? Ecce omnes quasi vestimentum conterentur ; tinea comedet eos.
- Quis ex vobis timens Dominum, audiens vocem servi sui ? Qui ambulavit in tenebris, et non est lumen ei, speret in nomine Domini, et innitatur super Deum suum.
- Ecce vos omnes accendentes ignem, accincti flammis ; ambulate in lumine ignis vestri, et in flammis quas succendistis ; de manu mea factum est hoc vobis ; in doloribus dormietis.
| Isaiah 50 Text (KJV)
- Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.
- Wherfore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.
- I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.
- The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
- The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
- I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
- For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
- He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.
- Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.
- Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.
- Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Isaiah