| RELATED TOPICS
- Denominations in India Index - Church of South India, Malankara Syriac Orthodoxy, Indian Orthodox Church, Roman Catholic, Church of North India, Roman Catholic, Baptist, Mar Thoma Church, Lutheran
- Regions - Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, Churches in Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttaranchal, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Lakshadweep, Pondicherry, National Capital Territory of Delhi
- Major cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata
- Christian Radio in India Index
- Bible Colleges in India Index
- Christian Schools in India Index
| SERMONS, ESSAYS AND OPINIONS
India is a large developing nation with around 1 billion people of many races and languages. It is the world's largest democracy. The major religion is Hinduism with 800 million adherents. There is a complex social heirarchy system of castes and although discrimination because of caste is illegal, it occurs socially. Islam is the second main religion of India, with around 100 million followers. Christianity has a long history in the country, with the ancient churches in Kerala (associated with the Syriac Orthodox Church) in western southern India since the time of the apostles. There is freedom of religion in the country.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Places -> Asia